HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Pat White will not run the Wildcat - Sporano says
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pat White will not run the Wildcat - Sporano says
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 12, 2009 10:02AM

sort of...

Sporano said when White is the QB, it will be the spread offense and when Ronnie is the QB, he will run the Wildcat.

He also saif they have not implemented the NEW wildcat formations YET which leads me to believe they still have a few looks that have not been unveiled.

Sound like the offense is going to feature a couple of different looks.

Ronnie, Chad & Pat

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pat White will not run the Wildcat - Sporano says
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 12, 2009 10:08AM

QUOTEconfused smileyporano said when White is the QB, it will be the spread offense not the wildcat.

I do not believe that. And im sure other teams do not believe it either.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: August 12, 2009 10:26AM

Date: August 12, 2009 10:44AM

Im sure pat white will not hesitate to run if he sees an opening....

IMO if Pat White is able to get in sync with the receivers, it will work better with white than ronnie since they know ronnie can't pass as well.

Meaning 8-9 men Close to the LOS when ronnie is in for the wildcat.

Can't do that when white is in.

I don't know JMO.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: August 12, 2009 10:55AM

I agree that white should not run the wild cat, if you look at when brown runs it he runs up the gap and off tackle. He is 230 and can take that kind of pounding, white is 190 and will get crushed if he has to run up the gut...

In college he did alot of triple option and would try and get to the corner if he didnt hand the ball off- he NEVER ran up the middle unless it opened up.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 12, 2009 11:34AM

Date: August 12, 2009 11:48AM

The question is, will they run it behind an unbalanced line or not and will they put the RB in motion or not.

Exactly

.....................................................................................

Date: August 12, 2009 01:15PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > QUOTEconfused smileyporano said when White is the QB, it
> will
> > be the spread offense not the wildcat.
> >
> >
> > I do not believe that. And im sure other teams
> do
> > not believe it either.
>
>
> I think its semantics.

I agree. He is definetely trying to mislead everyone thats for sure.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 12, 2009 02:08PM

The difference between the Wildcat and the spread offense is the unbalanced line (both LT's on one side) in the Wildcat. The spread offense has a simple balanced line and at least 4 receivers. There are plenty of opportunities to run from a spread offense, as opposing teams must cover all the receivers. If our O-Line can create a hole and White can beat a LB, then he should be able to run pretty effectively from that formation.

Posted by: Bmoretildeath ()
Date: August 12, 2009 06:12PM

I heard on NFL network that they'll have both the wildcat (without White at QB as previously mentioned) and a package pretty much exclusively for Pat White.

Date: August 12, 2009 07:18PM

I don't really see White operating the spread offense very effectively. He is just not experienced enough. CP or CH would do a better job.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 12, 2009 08:09PM

What are you stupid? Thats all Pat White ran in college. LOL not experianced enough !

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: August 13, 2009 01:31AM

I don't see how we can run the spread offense when we don't have the receivers for it, and we're building an offensive line for power running and not passing. I agree that there is a limited package that they'll run with White, maybe they'll throw in an unbalanced line or maybe not. They probably just want to use his athleticism in whatever way they can. And since he can throw the deep ball better than Penny, (once he settles down), we may see some White/Ginn plays.

I have no idea, I just hope White wasn't a waste of a draft pick. We shall see.

Date: August 13, 2009 05:13AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What are you stupid?

Yeah, I'm the stupid one around here.

Thats all Pat White ran in
> college. LOL not experianced enough !

and so did about a hundred other top college QB's and they are cooking cheesesburgers at McDonalds. Don't start calling me names because you have a crush on the guy.

HE HAS NO NFL EXPERIENCE! He can't even throw a spiral in practice. All he does is get sacked and throw interceptions. To think he is going to come into the NFL and run a spread offense effectively in his rookie year is about half as stupid as most of the posts you write on this site. They had to change his entire throwing motion and redefine his mechanics because he was not trained properly in college. Obviously they see potential but he has a long way to go before he is running an NFL offense.

Maybe you should stick to Myspace and Facebook with the teeny bobbers. You probably fit in a little better over there.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2009 05:31AM by eesti.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: August 13, 2009 06:14AM

oohhhh the beef is on...

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 13, 2009 06:21AM

I'm just hoping we don't get confused with personnel changes as we shift between a standard set, spread, or wildcat. I'd expect White would be running out of the spread more often than he throws out of it. That could be a dead giveaway. If he throws more, than Henne would probably be a better option than White.

I'm thinking back to Kordell Stewart in Pitt. I don't know if that would work as well today as it did back then. The reason the Wildcat worked so well was because of our running threats (Ronnie AND Ricky), and the fact that other teams hadn't seen that formation before. Spread offenses are much more common in the NFL. I hope it works!

Date: August 13, 2009 06:27AM

I think PF-2 was correct in calling semantics. It could just be what the individual packages are called to identify them to save some verbage for who is running it. Spread or Wildcat.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 13, 2009 09:55AM

Teeny bops? LOL doesnt take much to set of the Estie's huh! Well yeah he has no nfl experiance, but how many "spreads" do you see ran in the nfl? Its def a more dominate college position. Pat White is struggling now because of dropping back, learning new mechanics, and brought to a whole new element, which is why he is struggling. He needs alot of work, but can deff run the spread.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.