HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Pats get Burgess
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pats get Burgess
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: August 06, 2009 06:34PM

Patriots trade for Derrick Burgess

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pats get Burgess
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 06, 2009 07:19PM

trade what?

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Bmoretildeath ()
Date: August 06, 2009 07:26PM

The people I follow on twitter (michael lombardi, adam schefter, etc.) say it was a 3 and a 4, maybe a 3 and a 5.

They also said that the eagles offered them a 3rd and some players but the pats topped that.

Date: August 06, 2009 07:38PM

Twitter is still experiencing problems from being hacked tonight. I can't even get on.

.....................................................................................

Date: August 06, 2009 07:51PM

I was able to get on.

If they hacked shefter, lombardi or eisen, I would believe they would write much more vulgar stuff than lies about what burgess was traded for.

Date: August 06, 2009 07:55PM

The hack just shut the site down but they have it partially restored. I don't know that they hacked individual pages to make comments.

Date: August 06, 2009 08:07PM

They might not have but I once seen Rich Eisen's account hacked and that's what I thought you were implying. Anyways we'll probably all find out tomorrow what the trade was for.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: August 07, 2009 03:35AM

Due to age and injuries, Burress' game has been declining. Let's hope that trend continues.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: August 07, 2009 04:42AM

Pats get better with that trade. Can't knock it

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 07, 2009 05:10AM

Jonathan Twilley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Due to age and injuries, Burress' game has been
> declining. Let's hope that trend continues.

Isn't that pretty much the M.O. of the entire Pat's defense? Burress fits right in.

Re: Patsies get Burgess
Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: August 07, 2009 05:31AM

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: August 07, 2009 07:04AM

Pats seem to always get 3 3rd rounders. Someone due to getting a bevy of compensatory picks each year.

Someone has pictures of whoever hands out the compensatory picks.

Date: August 07, 2009 08:23AM

Burgess is a highly overrated player who can never seem to get on the field.

He has flashed at times but is very inconsistent. He has missed something like 27 games in 7 years and often doesn't even start due to whatever...He has steadily diminished over 4 years in Oakland with 16 sacks followed by 11, 8, and 3.5.

He had 3.5 sacks last year. That's 1.5 less than Matt Roth and about as many as a NT or DT usually gets.

You know the Pats were drooling over the idea of JT coming to town but they do not have good luck with DE acquisitions.

Look at Adalius Thomas. Everyone talked like they landed the FA pickup of the year and he was going to blow up in NE under BB. He has had 11.5 sacks in two years. He only had two above average years in Baltimore with 9 and 11 sack seasons and they signed him to a 35 mil dollar contract. They paid him 22 mil over the last two years for 11.5 sacks....hahahahha!

DB is 31 years old and will be pancaked by Carey and Long. I can't believe they gave up draft picks for him. He was a disgruntled holdout in Oakland.

Not to mention he has to transition from DE to OLB in a 3-4. He has never played in a 3-4.

No worries!

Date: August 07, 2009 08:33AM

Thank you eesti. The most important part there is the transition from DE to OLD in a 3-4. It angers me how some people say " (insert team here) are gonna trade for (insert DE here) and play in OLB".

It's not the same position. Those who succeed at it player there their whole lives. Burgess is 30 years old and changing positions halfway through your career is certainly not advised. Can he cover? Can he stop the run? That remains to be seen but DEs aren't OLB in a 3 - 4.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.