HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Division standings
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Division standings
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 06, 2009 05:46AM

predictions for 09. Thoughts?

AFC East
Miami
NE
NY
BUF

AFC North
Pit
Cin
Bal
Cle

AFC South
Ten
Ind
Jax
Hou

AFC West
SD
Den
Oak
KC

NFC East
NYG
Phi
Dal
Was

NFC North
Chi
Min
GB
Det

NFC South
Car
NO
Atl
TB

NFC West
AZ
Sea
SF
Stl

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Division standings
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 06, 2009 06:24AM

I agree except i dont see arizone making a run again! I do not know why.

Date: August 06, 2009 07:09AM

losing Todd haley will hurt.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 06, 2009 08:22AM

AFC EAST I LIKE THIS LIST MORE!!
Miami
NE
BUF
NY

AFC North
Pit
BAL
CIN
Cle

AFC South
IND
HOU
TEN
JAX

AFC West
SD
Den
KC
OAK

NFC East
DAL
NYG
PHI
Was

NFC North
Chi
Min
GB
Det

NFC South
ATL
NO
CAR
TB

NFC West
AZ
Sea
SF
Stl

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2009 08:22AM by MiamiThunder.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: August 06, 2009 08:58AM

Atlanta is the best team in their division.

Cincy isn't finishing 2nd. They are terrible

Date: August 06, 2009 08:59AM

Well thats why i posted a more logical standing's. I feel Houston is going to have a comming out party! And with old man gone in Indy, and a solid new RB. Indy could be trouble.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2009 09:00AM by MiamiThunder.

Date: August 06, 2009 09:24AM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Atlanta is the best team in their division.
>
> Cincy isn't finishing 2nd. They are terrible

Carolina won the division last year and had a 12-4 record. Atlanta was 11-5. They are not the best until they beat the best.

I have a feeling their defense is going to take a step back this year. As I put in a post yesterday to the dirtybird, they have gaping holes on defense that will be violated more than Michael Vick in a federal penetentiary. They also have a brutal schedule.

Carson Palmer will be back and I like Drew Brees in NO.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: August 07, 2009 04:44AM

Carson Palmer still has no o-line and no quality WR's anymore. Ocho Cinco STINKS and Chris Henry will get suspended at some point. I mean when CEDRIC BENSON is your #1 Rb........you have issues on offense!!!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 07, 2009 05:09AM

Here's my attempt:

AFC East
Miami
NE
NY
BUF

AFC North
Pit
Bal
Cle
Cin

AFC South
Ind
Ten
Hou
Jax

AFC West
SD
Den
KC
Oak

NFC East
NYG
Phi
Dal
Was

NFC North
Chi
GB
Det
Min

NFC South
NO
Atl
Car
TB

NFC West
AZ
SF
Sea
Stl

Date: August 07, 2009 05:58AM

Monte you have san fran ahead of seatle. Now thats a reach.

But anything is possible in this league i guess!

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: August 07, 2009 07:06AM

I know it sounds bad to say, and trust me it burns my eyelids and feels like hot grease over my head, but I think Miami is going to have a hard time getting the edge over the Pats this year. Not so much in head to head match ups, but overall Miami has a horridly hard schedule and could lose the AFC East Title simply on sheer wins v. loses.

One could hope that Tom Brady is rusty and takes, oh, 10 weeks to get back into it, but I won't hold my breath especially with the addition of Fred Taylor.

Posted by: Bmoretildeath ()
Date: August 07, 2009 08:16AM

I predicted every game in the NFL a while back and this is what I ended up with:

AFC East:
NE
MIA
NYJ
BUF

AFC South:
TEN
HOU
IND
JAC

AFC West:
SD
KC
OAK
DEN

AFC North:
PIT
BAL
CIN
CLE

NFC North:
MIN
CHI
GB
DET

NFC East:
NYG
PHI
DAL
WAS

NFC South:
CAR
ATL
NO
TB

NFC West:
ARI
SEA
SF
STL

Date: August 07, 2009 10:31AM

That is a horrible print out. Obvious thing for one would be Dallas. No T.o and healthy return of their running backs. Expect alot of running. Carolina? I dont think Delhomme has it any more. Tennessee lost ALOT of solid defenders to injury or F/A i dont see them amasing more than 9 wins. SF will be a solid team with solid running and defense in a weak division. Buff will be a more dominate team than the Jets who have horrible QB play no wr play and a overatted defense.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: August 07, 2009 11:07AM

come on guys stop it, what makes so many people on this board think that we will win our division this year when we bearly won it against cassle. And the pats have more upgrades not to meantion sorry brady. I would love to say that we will win our division but the pats are no question the better team - who disagrees?

If this is the case how do so many people put us ahead of them...

Date: August 07, 2009 11:19AM

Dallas is so overrated it's unbelievable. They lost maybe their best defensive lineman in Canty, their starting safety in Roy Williams and their starting WR in Owens. To tell me that "because Owens is gone the locker room will be more calm" is ridiculous. The truth is he is a legit number 1 and losing him will affect any offense.

Plus, NYG and PHI will dominate the NFC this year.

Carolina is a primarily running offense. They will run over anyone and then set-up the play action to Steve Smith. Who do you think will win the division then?

The Titans lost Albert and got Nate Washington. They're not gonna go 13 - 3 but they will still win that division or atleast be tied with the division winner. AFC South will be one the tightest divisions this year.

SF still has no QB. Once they get a QB, then I'll consider them but right now, SEA and AZ are the only contenders. Also, if I'm not mistaken, one of their CBs is on the IR.

Both Buffalo and NYJ are awful teams. I don't see them doing anything this season whatsoever.

Date: August 07, 2009 11:36AM

The Titans were a deep team to begin with and can handle the loss of Haynesworth. They also have Kenny Britt to go with Washington.

I have to agree with your assessment.

Philly and NY are going to dominate this year. The only reason Philly may struggle is the loss of a great d-coordinator. They made some nice acquisitions on offense...Macklin, rookie TE & RB....O-line. I look for McNabb to have an MVP type of season.

Date: August 07, 2009 11:45AM

Yes. They're O-line is outstanding this year. I can't wait to watch the battle between their O-line and the D-line NYG assembled. That'll be a war.

The only thing that worries me about the Titans is Collins. He can do what he did last year again? And if he can't, can Vince Young step in and do the job. It'll be interesting.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 07, 2009 11:56AM

Date: August 07, 2009 12:12PM

LOL isnt philly supposed to be dominate every year and go to the superbowl? Bottom line there secondary is not as good as it was last year. Westbrook is 30 now comming off a injury, how will he hold up this year? maybe strong for the first half, but the second is somthing to worry about. Can there rookie RB be a factor? Could, couldnt? Time will tell. Id rather have the dallas rb core, and Wr core including Witten. Who is going to have a MONSTER year, because Owens is gone! The Titans? Come on yes a great running team, and still has a respectable defense. Kerry collins is going to struggle with a non viable wr core. I think alot of teams where stepping up there defense this year? Still remains unseen, but can be assumed that teams will be more prepared and make Kollins beat them with his arm. The Pats have a better wr core a aging o-line that was once best in the league, a solid defense, and a shaky running game with 2 of there premiere backs over 31? Brady is comming off a seriously nasty knee injury and should be more imobile! Our revamped secondary should get our passing ranks down to the teens,and with JT, and JP on third down situations, should get to him and any other qb with consistancy, which we lacked last year! Our o-line will undoughtidly be much improved with one solid year of play to build chemistry, to get healthy, and

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 07, 2009 12:18PM

Date: August 07, 2009 12:29PM

Oh Pat white will determine our success.

Date: August 07, 2009 01:24PM

Not

Date: August 07, 2009 01:50PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
> I agree Reppa...
>
> Anyone that serioulsy picks us over the Pats this
> year isn't being logical.
>
> The Pats MIGHT lose 3 games this year. If
> everything breaks right for us we could win 12 or
> 13.
>
> Statistically speaking, the Pats are the pick.

I agree that the Pats are the favorite if Brady has no lingering problems from his knee..mentally or physically. I just could not put them ahead of Miami...I tried.

I am banking on the Pats window closing due to age of players and suspect drafts over the last couple years.

They have almost the same schedule as us so who knows how it plays out. The thing is we are the defending champs no matter what the circumstances were and we WILL be better this year for SO many reasons.

There are going to be some very tough divisions this year where it is anyone's game...

NFC East, AFC South, NFC North..

NFC South is a 3 way race between Atl, Car & NO
AFC East...Mia & NE
NFC West...AZ & Sea
AFC North...Bal, Pit & maybe Cincy if Palmer can make comeback POY.

Date: August 07, 2009 01:58PM

Cincy still has a terrible defense and a terrible O-line. Plus, they lose TJ Housh and Coles doesn't even compare.

Date: August 07, 2009 02:34PM

There line is terrible. Andre Smith and Jonathon Liugs should help.

Defense not so terrible. 12th overall Defense in 08. The problem was against the rush.

They added Maualuga, Tank Johnson and Michael Johnson so may be a little better.

I think Coles will fill in nicely for Housh plus they added TE, Chase Coffman.

Housh (8 yrs) 5,782/37 tds
Coles (9 yrs) 8,095/44 tds

Housh is 3 months older than Coles.

I also think Henry is over his off the field stuff and ready to break out.

Date: August 07, 2009 02:51PM

Burp, ok hmmm lol San fran is going to be in second this year, Seattle has been over rated for YEARS, Matt HasselBADBACK, will never heal, when disk are hurt you are screwed. So after he goes down again "which he will" then there no name QB'S will struggle like last year, except san fran will be better, and so will AZ. With Kurt Warners age? I wont be expecting the same numbers this year with Kurt he is what 38? Come on! if his 0-line is dominate then they will be a solid contender, if not they will struggle to get away from san fran. Miami will beat NE this year, because of our better o-line, better wildcat, better secondary, better pass rush, better special teams, MUCH improved red zone will convert alot more TD'S instead of FG'S. With JT and JP rushing Brady this year, all it will take is one HUGE hit and Brady could be back in the locker room smiling smiley

Date: August 07, 2009 02:57PM

nice!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 07, 2009 05:56PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Monte you have san fran ahead of seatle. Now thats
> a reach.
>
> But anything is possible in this league i guess!

I like Singletary, and I think he'll have his team well prepared and fired up. SF won't be as talented as other teams, but I think they'll surprise some of their opponents and end up with a winning season.

Date: August 08, 2009 04:04AM

montequi Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Monte you have san fran ahead of seatle. Now
> thats
> > a reach.
> >
> > But anything is possible in this league i
> guess!
>
> I like Singletary, and I think he'll have his team
> well prepared and fired up. SF won't be as
> talented as other teams, but I think they'll
> surprise some of their opponents and end up with a
> winning season.

Singletary is unproven as a coach i don't think even he can straighen this team out. I respectfully disagree, i feel the opposite. I feel they might end up with one of the first picks on next years draft.

Like i said anything is possible but thats the way i feel.

And i agree with eesti more or less in his prediction. Like i said only thing is i don't feel that arizona is going to have another successfull season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.