HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Depth, Team Building, and Distractions
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Depth, Team Building, and Distractions
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 02, 2009 08:54AM

I think we win the AFC East this year easily. Just looking at the media coverage, we are the most stable team in the division. Every key player we've lost, we've replaced with better players.

Vonnie Holiday is gone and we get JT and Wade

Andre Goodman goes and we get Smith and Vonte.

Our receivers are mature.

Our O-line is improved.

We've also improved our special sauce, the Wildcat, with the addition of Pat White.

Now some will say "last year we just could barely hang with the dregs of the NFL". That is just a truckload of steaming bull manure! We won the games we should have. Look at our losses. A week one loss to the division rival Jets, a loss to the Cheaters, a loss to the NFC champions, a loss to the Ravens.

But I ask the naysayers to answer this question: "Name one player on the Dolphins, who if they were injured for the season, would kill our season?"

The answer is "NAY". Not a one.

Not true for the patriots - if either Moss, Welker, or Brady go down, they might as well pack it in. If Edwards goes down (and with that O-line, he will), the Bills might as well look at 1-15 as Loss-man struggles to throw TO the damn ball. And New York? LOL! The Jest have an "all-pro" QB that hasn't thrown a pass in the NFL. As usual they are over-hyped.

Speaking of hype, it has been a long, long time since I've seen so few distractions during a pre-season. No new coach. No calling for the QBs head. No proclamations of going to the SB or being the "team to beat". Really... it hasn't been this quiet since the days of Shula.

Look at the rest of our division, they are dominating the news and the blogs, with rumors, and hype, and really bad acquisitions like TO. Meanwhile, we are quietly building the AFC's next power house.

Mark my words, 13-3 and super bowl bound.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Depth, Team Building, and Distractions
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 02, 2009 09:07AM

I agree........I think we got better quick and have much better depth.

I like the no distractions deal.

1.The jests gotta deal with a rookie QB
2.The bill gotta deal with owens
3.The pats with the brady injury

And now NE is about to sign lemon? Too good to be true.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 02, 2009 11:07AM

HEY DONT START JUMPING ON MY BAND WAGON OF 13-3!!!!!!!! unless you acknowledge that i first said 13-3!!!!! AND OF COURSE THE BIG DANCE!!!!! AND dont be surprised if we hit the record books with a superseason of undefeated football, including another and the third title world champs 2009 miami dolphins!!!!! 18-0 mwahaaahahaha. HEY it could happen?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2009 11:12AM by MiamiThunder.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: August 02, 2009 12:42PM

I think this team is much better than last years. That being said I think we go 8-8.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 02, 2009 01:02PM

Posted by: realist ()
Date: August 02, 2009 01:14PM

We made the play-offs with connsistently improved play in all phases of the game.

Each part got better as the year progressed.

As you pointed out; we have upgrades in many areas, so it is reasonable to expect more improvement; even if there is a short adjustment.

Pats- Brady is back; however, Moss is now 32 yrs old and will start to lose a step and take longer to recover; their OL is older, their LB's are older, their core is fractured. They will struggle more than they realize. 10-6

Jets- they lost Favre; while he held them back late in the season he won a few games early for them. New QB, new coach, new system, a bunch of over-rated free agents who benefited from teammates. they are going to struggle. 8-8, 9-6

Bills - Trent Edwards is not a great QB ( bottom 3rd); their OL is being rebuilt yet again, their defence is mediocre. 8-8

We have a tough schedule, but I think it will come down to the last 2 weeks and we make the play-offs at 10-6.

That said, if Pat White gets it going we could win a few games on a handful of trick plays and go 12-4.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 02, 2009 03:39PM

YOU CAN JUMP ON THE WAGON NOW IM OPENING UP THE CAN OF 13-3!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.