HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          New Power Rankings
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
New Power Rankings
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: July 28, 2009 08:52AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Power Rankings
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: July 28, 2009 12:05PM

I think NE might have another monster run in them. If Brady is 100% of course. That offense is loaded. The Vikings are really really good. I think if they start Farve it hurts them. Rosenfels isn't awful and with some weapons he will win in a weak NFC. Buffalo to me is dead last, I'm sorry I just don't see it. Their o-line is god awful. Their QB stinks and their defense is nothnig special. They will get to pick in the Top 3 of the draft (I think #1 overall) and Im guessing Sam Bradford or Colt McCoy will be the Bills QB of the future. Jets might win a few ugly 13-9 type games next year but they stink too and can't score.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: July 28, 2009 12:09PM

Its my opinion the Patriots begin a steep decline this year...possibly even with a losing record!

Us, we might have a tough time too I expect us to finish somewhere in the 9-7 to 7-9 range. Which might be good enough to win this division.

Buffalo and the Jets are definite bottom tier teams this season.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: July 28, 2009 12:37PM

toko34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Buffalo and the Jets are definite bottom tier
> teams this season.

Thats what people thought about us this time last year, including people on this site...

Date: July 28, 2009 01:00PM

NE isn't going into a steep decline this year. They are too good on offense. If Brady goes down then they are in trouble cause no Matt Cassell behind him anymore. But if he's healthy........NE will score a ton of points again. Too many weapons. Tough match-up for any defense. They wil outscore a lot of bad teams. Hell they got 4 gimmie wins vs Buffalo and the Jets. They only gotta find a way to win 4 or 5 more and they at worst make the playoffs and maybe win the division depending on what Miami does.

Date: July 28, 2009 01:51PM

NE could go either way but take a look at the depth chart and the ages of the o-lineman and the rest of the team for that matter. They got Brady killed last year and gave up a lot of sacks after that. Matt Light is not what he used to be which was above average.

Light 31, Koppen 30, Stephen Neal 33, Nick Kaszur 31, Galloway 39, Moss 32, Fred Taylor 33, Bruschi 37, Adelius Thomas 33, Shawn Springs 34, Brady 32.

Otherwise known as the Ben-gay club. Whether or not they do well this year or not, they are on the decline. No way they can replenish the roster in time. They had two to three lousy drafts and it will come back to haunt them.

Buffalo's success is going to depend on what the two new rookie guards (Andy Levitre and Eric Wood) can do and if Edwards can step it up. The rookies had high ratings but that doesn't mean much. They have two good corners (McKelvin and McGee) and two good WR's and a talented new TE. They still have some holes to fill.

The division games are always tough no matter what the status of the other teams are.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: July 28, 2009 02:33PM

Brady played 1 quarter last year and it was a low shot to his knee that took him out by a defender on the ground. There o-line was very good last year for Cassell.

Buffalo has no offensive tackles on their team. they are moving guards to the tackle positions. They are toast.

Date: July 28, 2009 04:29PM

MikeO Wrote:
> Brady played 1 quarter last year and it was a low
> shot to his knee that took him out by a defender
> on the ground. There o-line was very good last
> year for Cassell.

Sacks given up in NE in 08...

Matt Light 7.5 sacks
Logan Mankins 5 sacks
Dan Koppen 4.5 sacks
Stephen Neal 2 sacks
Nick Kaczur 3 sacks

Brady's injury was caused by Bernard Pollard on a safety blitz. He was being blocked by Sammy Morris so I guess it was not the lines fault.

There line was not all that bad as they did pretty well in the running game but I would not call the pass blocking "very good". It doesn't change the fact that they are old.

The LT gave up a lot of sacks compared to a rookie (Jake Long 2.5). Their entire left side was not very good.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: July 29, 2009 09:06AM

Look guys, our first game is agaisnt ATLANTA, the two cinderella teams, and guess what, i like our's alot more! Pennington took it to favre last year, and i know he is anxious to take it to Ryans, bald arse!smiling smiley That BIG win is going to set the stage for our 13.3 record. HEY!! i said last year we will get white and i said prob second round! i knew Sean Smith was a lock! and perdicted a winning season before last season started i said 8.8! and im expecting 10.6 but i love Pat White, and because of that 13.3~!!! YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!!!!

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: July 29, 2009 10:07AM

"NE will choke" LOL that is funny. That team does not choke are you kidding me?

Date: July 29, 2009 03:30PM

nobody stays good forever...look at their drafts over the past couple of years.

Date: July 29, 2009 04:06PM

they might not win the Super Bowl, but NE will be good this year. They won't stay good forver, but this year they will be good.

Unless Brady goes down, but you can say that about any NFL team that loses their starting QB though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2009 03:00AM by MikeO.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: July 29, 2009 05:55PM

Oh eventually they will not be good every goes through highs and lows but NE is not ready for their low yet

Date: July 30, 2009 03:48AM

I am.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: July 30, 2009 03:49AM

MikeO Wrote:
>
>
> Unless Brady goes down, but you can say that about
> any NFL team that loses their starting QB though.

Every NFL team except the Miami Dolphins.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: July 30, 2009 08:01AM

ranger1 Wrote:
> "NE will choke" LOL that is funny. That team does
> not choke are you kidding me?

Except when they went 17-1. Hahahahaha!!!confused smiley

Date: July 30, 2009 08:32AM

Leon In Denver Wrote:
> ranger1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "NE will choke" LOL that is funny. That team
> does
> > not choke are you kidding me?
>
> Except when they went 17-1. Hahahahaha!!!confused smiley

or when they gave up 137 yards rushing a game and lost 5 out of 7 to finish the season and miss out on the playoffs in 2002.

or when they choked in Denver as the 4th seed in 2005 after a 4-4 start to the season.

and in 2006 when they choked in Indianapolis!

yeah...they NEVER choke.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: July 30, 2009 09:10AM

Date: August 10, 2009 10:02AM

Matt Cassel was sacked 47 times last year. Ouch. Good thing the pat's didn't think they needed to upgrade the o-line.

Miami gave up 26 sacks.

Date: August 10, 2009 10:46AM

eesti Wrote:
> Matt Cassel was sacked 47 times last year. Ouch.
> Good thing the pat's didn't think they needed to
> upgrade the o-line.
>
> Miami gave up 26 sacks.

And the sack trend will continue this year. But this time its going to be brady who's going to get pounded upon....

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: August 10, 2009 12:37PM

Cheetriots are going down.

Fins are going to whoop-em in Nov 8th and come back a month later and do it again Dec 6th.

Date: August 10, 2009 02:13PM

Phinjim Wrote:
> Cheetriots are going down.
>
> Fins are going to whoop-em in Nov 8th and come
> back a month later and do it again Dec 6th.

AMEN jim...............

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.