HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Curious?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Curious?
Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: July 21, 2009 05:10PM

Of course like all, i find myself wanting this season more than EVER. Chad pennington, imagine 2 years of health! i cant wait to see what happens this year. Chad henne, is he as good as we hope, personaly i would love to see Pennington stick around for 3 more years? How do you feel about it? What is the fan base take on our next 4 years of football? Bill Parcells, how much can we rely on him to be here? What if we didnt keep pennington with the rythem he is making with the team? what if we get a true number one wide out next year? Questions im sure everyone has run through thier minds, but since no new news, im just trying to stay active.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Curious?
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: July 22, 2009 04:05AM

If Pennington sticks aroudn 3 more years our GM Jeff Irelend should be fired. Why are we wasting 2nd round pick after 2nd round pick on QB's then??? Seriously??

Chad played great last year. I am sure he will do fine this year. But he isn't our future and anything short of him leading this team to the Super Bowl he's gone. .......at some point you move on to either Henne or White.That's why we are using such high draft picks on these guys to begin with

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: July 22, 2009 04:26AM

So much potential this year and things to get excited about. IMO, we will have a true number one THIS year with Ted Ginn.

Everyone knows the 3rd year is the key time. Ginn was only 210 yards shy of 1000 last year and that was with a new QB, HC, WR coach and offense.

There is no reason why he shouldn't continue his growth and gain over 1000 yards this year.

Even the coaches and Pennington have said that the Ginn of 09 camp and the Ginn of last year are like night and day and he has shown tremendous growth in the off season in the mental part of the game.

He averaged 49.4 yards per game last year and that was a 23.2 ypg improvement over his rookie year. If he can make just the same improvement, that will put him at 1,161 yards.

It is not unusual for a talented WR to more than double their production going from the 2nd to 3rd year. (Roddy White went from 31 ypg to 75 in his 3rd year).

Yardage wise, Ginn is already ahead of where many Pro Bowl receivers are in their 2nd year (Roddy White, Steve Smith, etc) If he can double his production of 49.4 ypg, he would have about 1,580 yards in 2009.

With a better running game this year it will really open things up for him on play action. He just needs more TD's as do all of our WR's.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: July 22, 2009 10:50AM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If Pennington sticks aroudn 3 more years our GM
> Jeff Irelend should be fired. Why are we wasting
> 2nd round pick after 2nd round pick on QB's
> then??? Seriously??
>
> Chad played great last year. I am sure he will do
> fine this year. But he isn't our future and
> anything short of him leading this team to the
> Super Bowl he's gone. .......at some point you
> move on to either Henne or White.That's why we are
> using such high draft picks on these guys to begin
> with

What if Pennington leads us to a Superbowl? Would you reconsider firing Ireland? drinking smiley

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: July 22, 2009 12:53PM

montequi Wrote:
> MikeO Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If Pennington sticks aroudn 3 more years our GM
> > Jeff Irelend should be fired. Why are we
> wasting
> > 2nd round pick after 2nd round pick on QB's
> > then??? Seriously??
> >
> > Chad played great last year. I am sure he will
> do
> > fine this year. But he isn't our future and
> > anything short of him leading this team to the
> > Super Bowl he's gone. .......at some point you
> > move on to either Henne or White.That's why we
> are
> > using such high draft picks on these guys to
> begin
> > with
>
> What if Pennington leads us to a Superbowl? Would
> you reconsider firing Ireland? drinking smiley

Better yet...............................Pennington led us to a playoff berth last year. We hadn't been to the playoffs for the last 98 years it seemed like. EVERYBODY STAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: July 22, 2009 06:39PM

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: July 22, 2009 07:52PM

Date: July 23, 2009 04:20AM

Pat White was drafted to play QB. Hence that is why we cut John Beck when we drafted him.

Pat White is competiting with Chad Henne for the job of back-up QB and eventually for the starting QB job.

we didn't draft the guy to use him 5 or 6 times a game in our "wildcat" formation.

Date: July 23, 2009 04:36AM

If Pennington sticks around for 3 years it's because he has earned it and is too valuable to let go or something is wrong with Henne.

Sitting on the bench for a few years didn't hurt Aaron Rodgers or Steve Young too much when they had the opportunity to sit behind a savy vet.

Besides Henne's contract is up in 3 years (after 2011 season) and we aren't going to let him walk after never seeing the field.

Things will go either one of two ways....

A. Pennington plays all year and has another good year.
B. Pennington gets hurt and we get a chance to see Henne in action.

With any luck, we will get a chance to see Henne play this year so we can see what we have. I don't want to see CP hurt so hopefully we get into a few situations where we are blowing out the other team so Henne can mop up.

Hopefully we will have a situation like San Diego did a few years back with Brees and Rivers. That was a huge leap of faith that paid off except that Brees was a lot younger than CP at that point so it should be an easier decision.

It's still going to be a tough decision but those are the kind of problems you want...as opposed to Cleveland, Minnesota, Was & SF who don't really like any of their QB's and are still searching for the guy.

Bottom line is that Pennington is going to walk regardless (other than an injury to Henne). You don't spend 4 years training a young 27 year old QB only to let him walk is support of a 37 year old QB.

If he has another good year, he will be a hot commodity in 2010 and will be too expensive to keep anyway. Jake Delhomme just got a 5 year/42.5 million dollar deal and he is a year older than Chad P and coming off a down couple of years.

Chad will get somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 mil with another strong showing this year.

Firing Ireland...not an option and should never even be mentioned at this point. He (or Bill) will handle things accordingly when the time comes.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: July 23, 2009 06:27AM

Date: July 23, 2009 07:30AM

Chad Pennington getting $50 mill from any team at this point in his career!!!!!! lol, please

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: July 23, 2009 10:26AM

Nice problem to worry about - Too much depth at QB.
Not a reason to fire anybody ... just doing their job.

- Adding white had more to do with wildcat and potential future 2 QB depth if white has real QB stand alone potential

- Henne has a great arm and hopefully we get ahead enough in a couple of games to see him come in for some game time proof.

- So far I think Pennington gives a sense of poise, accuracy, leadership and balance that neither of the young guys can assure us of as yet.

Both will learn from him and hopefully we see a transition like NE did if Pennington ever gets hurt.

Date: July 23, 2009 01:08PM

MikeO Wrote:
> Chad Pennington getting $50 mill from any team at
> this point in his career!!!!!! lol, please

It may not be 50 but it will be 45 plus or about 9 mil per year.

If you think Chad Pennington could have another year like 08 and not get a fat contract then you haven't been following football too closely over the past couple of years.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: July 23, 2009 02:37PM

Mikeo seriously STOP! LOL your not right i thought my views were wierd but man your just off in left field. I appreciate the imput on this subject and im glad i can help let people speak there minds, BUT i had to say it.

Date: July 23, 2009 05:06PM

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: July 24, 2009 05:11AM

Date: July 25, 2009 12:57PM

Once again...running his mouth without checking the facts.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.