HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Our team is lame
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Our team is lame
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 18, 2009 06:30AM

WTF? Ross brings in Jimmy Buffet, Gloria Estefan, and now Mark Anthony as minority co-owners? What, Barry Manalow wasn't available? This shows me that (1) Ross really really needs money and prob can't even afford this team and (2) he is utterly clueless about what would be appealing to the fans. Both are troubling, though the first one could really come back to haunt us. In the free agency/salary cap era we've never had an owner that would even hesitate to spend whatever the football decision makers wanted b/c there was always enough money. Now I am not so sure.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Our team is lame
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 18, 2009 07:30AM

Mark Anthony isn't even from SoFla. He's a New Yorker. Probably a Jest fan.

I think I'm sick.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: July 18, 2009 03:44PM

Remember the Superbowl Shuffle? I scared at what those guys will come up with for Miami. angry smiley

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: July 18, 2009 04:12PM

superbowl salsa...lol

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: July 18, 2009 07:17PM

While I kind of like Buffett, I am not a big fan of any of their musical styles. With that being said, I get it. They have had trouble with ticket sales in the past so they make it part of the Miami experience for tourists. I am all about the product on the field, but for financial reasons, I can see marketing the team with a tropical flavor. It sounds like a good time for a vacation. Does a cruise line stop in Miami for a game?

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: July 19, 2009 04:27AM

Ross's real estate company got Government Bail Out money. When this sale of the Fins finally went through, he wished it hadn't. It happened at the worst possible time.

The guy doesn't have the money he once had. This is all a way to sell about 49% of this team so he can have some income coming in and still have total control. This is ONLY the begining........MORE OF THIS TO COME!! We are gonna have a cross of the cast of Dancing with the Stars and Celebrity Rehab as minority owners when all is said and done. This is only the begining

I mean he is begging JON BON JOVI to buy a large stake of the Fins. Because he knows Jon is a football-mark who owns an arena league team. Everyone knows Jon Bon Jovi is from New Jersey and a huge Jets fan. And Jon is also best friends (believe it or not but he is) with Bill Belichick. Do you think Jon Bon Jovi is gonna want to buy a part of the DOLPHINS!?!?!? Seriously.......if he does its strictly for $$$$ and business. But you know his heart is in New England and New Jersey.

Re: Our team is about football
Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: July 19, 2009 08:33AM

I could care less about what they do on the marketing side. I care about the product they put on the field.

As long as Don Shula is still the VP chair of the board...he balances out any lame minority owner.

Overall, the Miami Dolphins and other ventures at our stadium should make money throughout the year. Hiezinga got out because he wanted to control his investment earnings apart from a huge capital gains increase...but, I believe he still owns a 5% share in the team.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: July 19, 2009 10:24AM

MIKE: It doesnt' matter if Jon Bon Jovi gets part ownership, think of it this way...if somehow you won a lotto and got part ownership of the Jets or Patriots, would you dismantle those teams so the Dolphins can win? Most likely not, I know I wouldn't.

Re: Our team is about football
Posted by: realist ()
Date: July 19, 2009 01:59PM

Agreed,

not sure how these moves are worse than Wayne, Blockbuster and questionable Waste management wealth?

These owners will bring new fans to the team; we already have corporate suits buying ticks and leaving the game before half...so how bad can these new fans be? Maybe Ross is lining up 8 minority music act owners and we will have pre-game, half-time, and post-game music acts?

the real issue is who is in charge of the TEAM. For now we have BP having final say....so that works fo me.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: July 19, 2009 02:26PM

Well welcome salsa lovers.I know why Ross is doing all of this,SIMPLE!! To get cheap illegal labor at the games. {}lol

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 19, 2009 06:24PM

what new fan is going to become a fan of this team because mark anthony is part owner? I shudder to think of it.

Date: July 20, 2009 02:28AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well welcome salsa lovers.

Throw some chips in and I concur! Maybe some melted cheese? tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: opus ()
Date: July 20, 2009 07:21AM

Have you guys ever seen how people in real estate market their products? They will do anything just to get even the slightest interest, and our new owner is a real estate man. I wouldn't be shocked if we don't start seeing balloons flying above the stadium and a raffle to be able to call the next play!! What really bites is that we had JR, a great owner but not a dime in his pocket outside of the Dolphins, so he was not able to pay for top talent before the salary cap, ala Zonka etc... Then we get WH, who has more money than God, and the salary cap gets put into place limiting how much he can spend to build the team. I mean he bought the first Marlins world series, and he would have done the same for the Phins, and kept it going because the area supports the team, as opposed to the Marlins. Now... we get the worst of both worlds, an owner with no money and no experience... I just hope to God he has some good football instincts!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: July 20, 2009 07:54AM

I can't wait until football season starts................................

Training camp can you get here already.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: July 20, 2009 08:00AM

I rather be talking about how ted gin injured his thumb on a td catch against the the jets than talk about how gloria estefan and marc anthony became part owners of the miami dolphins.

Football gods brings me some football news soon please.....

I had more fun talking about bret farves lucky hail mary pass against the phish than whats currently going on with the phins..As ludicrus as that may sound!

Training camp is only about a couple of weeks away..............THE LONGEST 2 WEEKS OF THE YEAR! smiling smiley

GO PHINS.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: July 20, 2009 09:27AM

They should ask Trick Daddy to be a minority owner. He's a huge phins fan

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: July 22, 2009 09:56AM

Some things to remember....

--The Dolphins are currently $400 mill in debt

--The Dolphins season ticket sales have dropped from 60,000 to 45,000 in recent years (lost revenue)

--The Florida Marlins are leaving in 2 years that is a TON of lost revenue to the stadium that will directly effect the Dolphins organization since they own the stadium. In 2 years this will effect the Dolphins payroll in a big-way. Expect to see a more "modest" dolphins payroll in the coming years. No big splashes in free agency coming.

--The Dolphins were on the verge of signing a Stadium Namings right deal of $15-20 mill a year before the economy crashed last fall. That deal fell through. The Dolphins expect to get another deal "like that" when the economy picks up in a year or two.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: July 27, 2009 11:23AM

Jim B has it right.

marketing is well marketing.

We have good football management and the roster quality is improving big time.

As the saying goes ... keep your eye on the ball ... not the bull.

Date: July 27, 2009 06:36PM

Phinjim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As the saying goes ... keep your eye on the ball
> ... not the bull.

Unless you're in Spain drinking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.