HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          AFC East Game by Game Prediction
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
AFC East Game by Game Prediction
Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: July 17, 2009 07:33AM

It's never too early to fart in the wind and make some upcoming season predictions, so here's what I've got going on in the AFC East this year.

Buffalo Bills

at Patriots L
vs Bucs W
vs Saints L
at Dolphins L
vs Browns W
at Jets L
at Panthers L
vs Texans L
at Titans L
at Jaguars W
vs Dolphins W
vs Jets L
at Chiefs W
vs Patriots L
at Falcons L
vs Colts W

NE Patriots
vs Bills W
at Jets W
vs Falcons W
vs Ravens L
at Broncos W
vs Titans W
at Bucs W
vs Dolphins W
at Colts L
vs Jets L
at Saints W
at Dolphins L
vs Panthers W
at Bills W
vs Jaguars W
at Texans L

NY Jets
at Texans L
vs Patriots L
vs Titans W
at Saints L
at Dolphins L
vs Bills W
at Raiders W
vs Dolphins L
vs Jaguars W
at Patriots W
vs Panthers L
at Bills W
at Bucs W
vs Falcons W
at Colts L
vs Bengals W

Miami Dolphins
at Falcons W
vs Colts L
at Chargers L
vs Bills W
vs Jets W
vs Saints W
at Jets W
at Patriots L
vs Bucs W
at Panthers L
at Bills L
vs Patriots W
at Jaguars W
at Titans W
vs Texans W
vs Steelers L

Predicted 2009 AFC East Standings

NE Patriots 11-5
Miami Dolphins 10-6
NY Jets 9-7
Buffalo Bills 6-10

I know...we are all biased here...I tried to be as reasonable as I could.

Some of my thought processes here:

I think the Bucs and Jags are going to be some of the worst teams this year.

The Panthers are going to be freakin' good.

We finally beat the Texans.

Some of these are just toss-ups and out on a limb predictions...but I mean that's all this is here...prediction.

I have the Bills finishing last because I don't think they were all that good last year...they beat up on poor teams and got smashed by good ones.

The Jets will be solid, but if they fall behind, I don't see the rookie getting them out of any holes.

The Patriots (as much as this pains me to say) will be back on top. With Brady being back and Belicheat being one of the greats (yeah, we can hate his guts but if you don't at least respect what he has been able to do then I just don't know...3 rings are 3 rings...)

I may have given the Phins too much benefit of the doubt, but I think we'll be a more improved team but this schedule is just brutal. I think we are pretty well balanced, and have luck and momentum on our side, but we will see what happens.

Anyway, feel free to comment. I know you guys will anyway! smileys with beer

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: AFC East Game by Game Prediction
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: July 17, 2009 07:40AM

Belicheat got 3 rings cheating. Sorry but i do not respect anything he has done.

Date: July 17, 2009 07:50AM

Um, in 2007, after spygate, he gave everybody in the NFL the finger and went 16-0. How is that not respectable?

And although we all love conspiracy theories, there was never definitive proof that he cheated in the SuperBowls. We all just wish he did so he wouldn't be regarded as the greatest coach of all time.

Date: July 17, 2009 08:06AM

TheFutt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Um, in 2007, after spygate, he gave everybody in
> the NFL the finger and went 16-0. How is that not
> respectable?
>
> And although we all love conspiracy theories,
> there was never definitive proof that he cheated
> in the SuperBowls. We all just wish he did so he
> wouldn't be regarded as the greatest coach of all
> time.

Sorry but the best coach of alltime is Don Shula. You can take that to the bank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know when Belicheat has an undefeated season and even if he ever does(((((( which i doubt he ever will because he is not the greatest of alltime)))))) he and the patriots will always be known as a bunch of cheaters. That very fact dampers any credibility the patriots can have whatsoever smiling smiley

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: July 17, 2009 10:29AM

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 18, 2009 08:10AM

Date: July 18, 2009 01:34PM

Are you kidding? Did you hear about this guy called DeAngelo Williams? The best RB for the last half of last season BY FAR.

He scares the poop out of me, and honestly I worry about our run D. Porter is...well...Porter...he can rush the hell out of the QB but forget shutting down the run.

I'll eat my words if our LBs can step up and shut down the run better this year, but as much as I like the offseason moves we have made, I am just not feeling good about our run D.

Plus...Steve Smith. Sorry, but that guy is straight up nasty.

But I mean who knows...there are so many of those games that could easily go either way. If we're playing for a playoff spot and Pitt (who will likely have that punk AFC north division wrapped up already) might not play as hard that last week, so who knows.

I think we have a BRUTAL schedule, and I think we have improved a lot this offseason. We need a few good bounces in our favor and all around solid play from everybody, and I see us in the playoffs again, but this time hanging around for more than just one game...GO PHINS!!!

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: July 19, 2009 03:41AM

Well a interesting prediction, personaly i feel that you guys give the jets way to much credit, we should beat them both times, why? As i look on paper, of what the Jets have to offer, we find ourselves pondering the dirty Sanchez running a average offense. Sanchez the dirty, who comming off a 16 game start for his collegic career, taking a team with no quality wide outs, a decent running game, and lost there best tight end, cannot end well, especialy when he gets hit a few times and forgets his play book. here is my perdiction on a tuff, but very winnable sqedual. Miami Dolphins
at Falcons W, I think sparano and pennington got somthing to say about last years, coach of the year and mvp!
vs Colts W, they start slow lost solid players, we whip em with wildpat.
at Chargers W, you serious they never beat us for a reason.
vs Bills W, T.OOOOOOOOOO no Lynch still suspended!
vs Jets W, The dirty sanchez, affraid of the sanchez, did ryan frightn you guys or what?
vs Saints W, tuff, but we will control the clock.
at Jets W, SORRY DIRTY SANCHEZ!!
at Patriots L, I hate the pats.
vs Bucs W, lol no qb no wr no rb? enough said good bouncback game!
at Panthers W, delhomme not doing good.
at Bills W, T.O LOL disgruntled.
vs Patriots L, I hate PATS!
at Jaguars W, worst team in the league.
at Titans W, got to beat the best to be the best.
vs Texans L, keep our tradition of late.
vs Steelers W, to bring home the goodies a late win by the phins. SOOOOOOOOO there ya have it 13.3 crazy huh of course always give a 2 game win loss formula to put it at 11.5 thru 15.1 record with the average being 13.3, and with a 13. we win the afc, top spot, oh yeah play at home all playoff long 2009 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS THE MIAMI DOLPHINS!!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2009 03:53AM by MiamiThunder.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: July 19, 2009 04:29AM

we ain't beating the Texans. We never beat them. We always come close but they have our number and always have.

Some things in life you just accept. Miami losing to the Texans is one of them

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: July 19, 2009 07:22AM

Texans should be pretty good this year, I dunno if we beat them or not...but it'd sure be nice!

Date: July 19, 2009 08:27AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: July 19, 2009 10:21AM

Hey, if we really go 13-3, I'll accept a loss to the Texans tongue sticking out smiley

Date: July 20, 2009 04:27AM

"But if you want to predict that we will lose a late season game, without any facts on your side, when we now clearly have the stronger team, be my guest. But it seems a bit wussy to me. If you want my advice, you should grow a pair."

Since we all know you've got the biggest sack here, why don't you go "out on a limb" and predict a 16-0 season. Anything else seems wussy after reading your last post.

Date: July 20, 2009 06:04AM

I guess the point is, if we're 12-2 going in to the Texans game, we'll probably have the AFC East locked up and will be resting some of our starters for that game. Then we kick it up again for Pitt to get some momentum going into the playoffs.

Hey, it's a cool dream! I, personnally, think we'll do well to win 10 games this year.

Date: July 20, 2009 06:10AM

11 and 5 is my prediction.

Pats 12 and 4 depending on bradys health.......If he goes down again
then the pats are in trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Phins 11 and 5 a team on the rise
jets 8 and 8 Rookie Qb
bills 7 and 9 yes even with terrell owens

Date: July 20, 2009 07:44AM

Could go undefeated, is how well will pat white do? Thats the key question, we might do formations not even included in wildcat, with him at qb. I mean if he picks up fast and looks good in preseason? I cant see any defense defending good enough agaisnt the wildcat, or any new formations we might bring out, with him; Brown, Williams, and our cartell of wr's! To much speed out there for us to not flourish!!!!!

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: July 20, 2009 08:55AM

First off I would like to say that I think everyone gets too carried away in thinking first year coaches will be successful. Last year was an anomaly with Sporano, Smith and Harbaugh. The Jets look great on papaer but the chances of a rookie QB with 14 college starts coming into the league and not struggling are very slim.

Miami Dolphins
at Falcons W 35-24

Falcons offense is for real and Ryan is a good player. They added Tony Gonzales and will still be formidable. Their problem will be on defense with two undersized tackles who will struggle against the run. Their secondary is suspect as well. If you can't stop the rush and can't stop the pass...how good are you really going to be? Not very, when the defense will be on the field all day long.

vs Colts W 38-27

Not much different than Atl. Offense will be good as long as they have Manning plus they added a nice RB who should supplement the overrated Addai. They added two nice rookie DT's but thinking both can start and produce in year one is too optimistic.

at Chargers W 24-21

This is a game where will need the WildPat to make up some ground a pretty solid team.

vs Bills W 30-17

Two new rookie Guards on the O-line? They will have their hands full with Fergy, Langford and Merling leaving the tackles (Brad Butler and Langston Walker) to try and deal with JT and JP. After the rookie Smith shuts him down, T.O. goes ballistic on the sideline as the 1-2 Bills move to 1-3! Ginn shows he can produce against McGee when he is healthy as well.

vs Jets W 28-17

How good were we when we had a sound offense and defense with a new and inexperienced QB. Pretty good with Feidler but not so much with Feeley, Beck or Lucas. The odds are against Sanchez for the immediate future IMO.

vs Saints W 28-24

We now have the DB's to defend against the pass happy teams that toasted us last year. This is going to be a battle but the Dolphin move to 6-0.

at Jets W 35-24

The Jets play better here but Chad has another great homecoming. the jets may turn to Clemens at this point.

at Patriots W 28-17

The 5-2 Pats host the 7-0 Dolphins. We have been saving some new looks in the WC just for Billy and Tommy boy. Randy Moss is only a year younger than Torry Holt. Their O-line is sucking and the Pats window is closing.

vs Bucs W 42-10

The worst team in the league this year. Guess they should have hung on to a few of those vets. Holy crap! Miami is 9-0

at Panthers L 20-21

It had to happen sooner or later. Delhomme is back in form and this is as close to a complete team as there is. 9-1 ain't bad.

at Bills W 38-17

Bill are still not quite ready for prime time. T.O. is suspended for conduct detrimental to the team.

vs Patriots L 21-24

The only divisional game we lose but I have to give BB some credit. He won't get swept.

at Jaguars W 21-14

Don't kid yourself. The Jags are a good team. Last year was a fluke and riddled with injuries. Torry Holt, Eugen Monroe and Eben Britton....it's not enough though. Dolphins move to 11-2

at Titans L 21-24

Tough schedule? Not as tough as many thought but this is still a tough team and just a hair better than Miami at this point.

vs Texans W 42-20

This aint the first game of the season with a new QB and HC. The Phins are swimming with the big fish at this point. Payback is a &^%$#!

vs Steelers L 20-24

This is a slugfest and Pit is just too nasty. We need a few more players to hang with these guys...this week anyway.

The Dolphins win the division AGAIN and advance to the playoffs at 12-4 after a first round bye where they have a rematch with one of the teams that beat us earlier. Bill Parcels is a shoe-in for the HOF. Tony Sporano is coach of the year like he should have been in 08. Dolphins send Jake Long, Chad Pennington, Ted Ginn, Jake Grove, Ronnie Brown, Joey Porter & Jason Taylor and Sean Smith to the Pro Bowl in well....Miami.

Now we face the dilema of what to do with Pennington but we have no choice but to resign him (and Ronnie) and let Henne play the waiting game like Aaron Rodgers did in GB.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: July 20, 2009 11:39AM

Im sorry but the titans beating us with what? collins to gauge? come on we got a SOLID even BETTER run defense this year, and our DB'S who before tenn, got to play the top wr's in the league will have a field day with tennesee, AND pitsburg, im telling you they lost haynsworth, which means we can run more!!!!! we are going to beat tenn BAD! mark my words, im only worried about the pats games, thats it i know we can beat every team and i think we will. Pat white and the new wildcat is unstoppable, just sit down and think why, first off, stacking 8 players in the box to shut down the run is risky, WHY 3 one on one match ups, with bess, ginn, and armstrong, our 3 fastest, well 2 bess just realy quick, is going to win thoughs matchups and white will be throwing LONG bombs all game, so the defense sends help doubling one or two of em, leaving 6 or 7 in the box, so pat white either keeps it or hands off to brown, or vise versa, drawing either one or both double teams off leving the option to throw or run it for 5 or so yards, YOU CANT STOP IT!!!! cant with brown and white in the play. so tell me how we loose if we keep the o-line healthy and brown, williams and white? i cant come up with a effective means to defend agaisnt that kind of threat, and just throwing it out there what if we also had vick. man. but think about it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2009 11:42AM by MiamiThunder.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: July 20, 2009 11:44AM

A couple of observations...

1 - you have us scoring 450 points this year, over 28 points per game. I would love to see it, but we only scored 345 last year (about 21.5 ppg). I'm not about to say it's impossible, but why do you think we'll improve by about a TD per game?

2 - going 3-4 over the last 7 games will not give us the momentum I'd like to see going into the playoffs. But after such a drought (excepting last year), I'll be very happy if we return to the playoffs after winning the division again.

Date: July 20, 2009 02:55PM

tsstamper Wrote:
> A couple of observations...
>
> 1 - you have us scoring 450 points this year, over
> 28 points per game. I would love to see it, but
> we only scored 345 last year (about 21.5 ppg).
> I'm not about to say it's impossible, but why do
> you think we'll improve by about a TD per game?

1. Last year Chad had two weeks to prepare for the offense. He has another year under his belt to develop chemistry with the players.

2. Ted Ginn is going to break out this year with about 1200 yards and 8-10 TD's.

3. Ronnie is healthy as it usually takes two full years to recover from that surgery. He was leading the league and in Pro Bowl form in 2006 before the injury and will be back to that form again this year.

4. Jake Grove and his ability to handle NT's one on one. This means our guards don't have to assist the center on every play.

5. The improvement of Bess and I also think Armstrong is going to stepp up this year.

6. The Wildcat offense and what Pat White will bring with the threat of the pass.

7. Pat Turner and Brian Hartline will make us better and provide big targets and good hands getting more 3rd down conversions.

8. Our defense was ranked 15th last year. Just above the middle of the pack. We now have Jason Taylor and Cameron Wake and have upgraded our pass rush. We also seriously upgraded our secondary. We may not have addressed every single hole but there is no doubt we are improved. The defense will have many more 3 and outs this year, thereby giving the offense more opportunities.

While 450 points may be a bit optimistic, I do believe we will be in the top 10 (up from 21) this year. The Pats eighth ranked offense scored 25.6 last year with Matt Cassel. I think we can be better than that.

> 2 - going 3-4 over the last 7 games will not give
> us the momentum I'd like to see going into the
> playoffs. But after such a drought (excepting
> last year), I'll be very happy if we return to the
> playoffs after winning the division again.

The last part of the schedule is the worst. I actually can see us beating some of those "good" teams but I also thought 12-4 and 5-1 in the division was optimistic enough. I think Buffalo can be better than the Jets this year if Edwards can shape up a bit. Two Pro Bowl receivers are hard to cover for any team.

.....................................................................................

Date: July 20, 2009 03:22PM

Date: July 20, 2009 05:53PM

Easy brought in vontae davis, jason taylor, and cameron wake, not to mention mat roth lost what 10 pounds, recovered from injury and signed to long term deal Channing crowder who has somthing to prove after what ryan talked. I give tenn cred in being a solid team, but i like ours better, and i agree with the WC, but i think you underestimate it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2009 05:54PM by MiamiThunder.

Date: July 20, 2009 06:39PM

Date: July 21, 2009 04:06AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
> Easy brought in vontae davis, jason taylor, and
> cameron wake, not to mention mat roth lost what 10
> pounds, recovered from injury and signed to long
> term deal Channing crowder who has somthing to
> prove after what ryan talked. I give tenn cred in
> being a solid team, but i like ours better, and i
> agree with the WC, but i think you underestimate
> it.

So a CB and two pass rushers is "addressing" our rush defense? Davis may get beat out by Smith anyway and Roth and CC were here last year so it's not really an upgrade but I do think Roth will be better this year.

IMO...upgrading the rush defense would be adding a stud NT and a couple of stud ILB's....like replacing Ayodele with Crowder and getting a monster ILB to wreak havoc and make plays....That will all come next year though.

and I like our team better too but we are not going to go undefeated. We have to lose to somebody. Better Ten than an AFC east team.

Date: July 21, 2009 06:30AM

MAN, why cant we go undefeated? did it before. come on guys nothing like wishfull thinking, well with better corners AND safties, will give our pass rush a bit more time to get it done. and if our offense is as potent as i think it will be this year, im guessing teams will spend alot more time passing agaisnt us this year instead of running. Bill parcells must feel the same way about how good our offense is going to be because looking at the draft, he knew we needed to BOOST our D backs. remember 72" no name defense! mwahahahahahaha ok so hey i can wish cant i! i said 8/8 last year went 11.5, im thinking 12/4 this year? `15.1 maybe lol.

Date: July 21, 2009 07:44AM

That was 37 years ago...I will settle for a SuperBowl victory at 14-4.

Next year we fill in the blanks and maybe get lucky and land Brandon Spikes, a stud NT and some compeition at OG.

I like Merling and Langford but a dominant 3-4 DE would be nice too. Someone like Richard Seymour or Bruce Smith who can generate a pass rush and defend the run.

We won't really know what we need until after this season. Especially if Ginn steps up and Turner pans out and Wilford turns into a redceiving threat at TE/H-back and our new corners are as good as we think.

You said wishful thinking..!

Date: July 21, 2009 04:28PM

eesti Wrote:
> That was 37 years ago...I will settle for a
> SuperBowl victory at 14-4.
>
Heck, I'll "settle" for a Superbowl victory after backing into the playoffs at 9-7. The key words there are "Superbowl victory" drinking smiley

Date: August 18, 2009 05:56PM

Aaron Maybin is still holding out for the Bills. smiling smiley

Andre Smith and Michael Crabtree are the only other unsigned players.

Posted by: Bmoretildeath ()
Date: August 19, 2009 04:35PM

True, you can't make predictions for what's needed next year. You don't know who your GM might end up re-signing, releasing trading for or signing as a free agent. You also don't know which no-name Marques Colston type player will show up.

Crabtree won't sign any time soon. Singletary will have to pull out is backhand and teach him what the NFL is about. If I was Maurice Smith, Goodell and the entire NFL front office, the first thing I won't implement in the CBA (I'm being hopeful) is a rookie salary cap. I don't care how good you are, until you've proven yourself on a professional level, you shouldn't be making 10 million + a year.

Date: August 19, 2009 05:55PM

I agree. Unfortunately we may lose some players to the NBA and MLB if they get too restrictive.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.