HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Training Camp Preview Part 1: Quarterbacks
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Training Camp Preview Part 1: Quarterbacks
Date: July 05, 2009 12:13PM

Now until training camp opens August 1st, Miami Dolphins Nation will break down every position starting with Quarterback. This has been a position that has haunted the Dolphins ever since Dan Marino retired. If the QB woes would have gone on much further I would have gone as far as to say we were under the curse of Marino. However, last season relief finally came, and from all places the Jets. Chad Pennington brought stability to a position that had been under scrutiny for nearly a decade as he led one of the greatest turnarounds in NFL history.

Projected Depth Chart

1. Chad Pennington: There is no question Pennington will be back under center but, next year might be another story. But for right now Chad is the perfect fit for this offense because he is model of consistency and if you forget about the Wild Card round he doesn't turn the ball over. Some may say, he will have a down year because of his history in New York, but a lot of that had to do with the shoulder and that pretty feathery spiral he throws had a hard time in the windy conditions of the Meadowlands. So continue to expect great things out of Chad this year, and expect the offense as a whole should improve their 21st in the league points per game ranking from last season.

2. Chad Henne: This is probably one of the biggest storylines of this years camp, as everyone will be keeping a close eye on the development of Chad Henne. With the Dolphins staff already hinting that they would like thier second round pick to be the starter for the 2010 season as everyone knows that Henne is the future for this franchise. Henne had a very solid pre-season last season and when he spelled Chad Pennington in week 2 vs. the Cardinals, he moved the offense right down the field. Under Henne the Dolphins offense has the potential to go places Pennington will never be able to take them. Yes, under Pennington the Dolphins can be a very good offense but, with 8 guys in the box all the time the running game takes a pretty big hit. However, Henne has the arm strength to really stretch the defense. Not saying that Henne will make this offense elite, but only under him do they have that potential, but for now Pennington is still the guy.

For the REST of this article visit my blog @ www.miamidolphinnation.blogspot.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Training Camp Preview Part 1: Quarterbacks
Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: July 05, 2009 07:30PM

Nice site, but I must say with constructive criticism...(I'm not being malicious) you have to work on spelling and punctuation.

Date: July 07, 2009 06:13PM

Im srry but im tried people complaining about penny's arm strength. I know its not the best but give the guy a break he brought us from 1-15 to 11-5 and almost set the record for fewest turnovers in a season. I dont think his arm strenght is a problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2009 06:15PM by chadpennington4ever.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: July 07, 2009 08:32PM

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: July 08, 2009 10:39AM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: July 08, 2009 11:19AM

Phinjim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What say you on the LB position in particular
> Porter / Taylor being charted on the same
> position? I was hoping to see them on the field
> together in at least some packages.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> This was in sporting news
>
>
>
> Defense
> LE: Kendall Langford, Randy Starks
> NT: Jason Ferguson, Paul Soliai
> RE: Phillip Merling, Lionel Dotson
> SLB: Matt Roth, Cameron Wake
> ILB: Akin Ayodele, Reggie Torbor
> ILB: Channing Crowder, William Kershaw
> WLB: Joey Porter, Jason Taylor
> CB: Will Allen, Jason Allen
> SS: Yeremiah Bell, Tyrone Culver
> FS: Gibril Wilson, Courtney Bryan
> CB: Vontae Davis, Eric Green

My thoughts are, that I can't figure out why you posted a defensive depth chart in a thread about Quarterbacks confused smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.