HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          R. Wilson Let Go
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
R. Wilson Let Go
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: March 04, 2024 01:48PM

Russell Wilson of the Broncos, has been released, and they are stuck with $85M in dead money. Boy, I guess they really wanted him out of there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: R. Wilson Let Go
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 08, 2024 01:09PM

Phins should trade Tua get a high picks, sign Wilson for a few years cheap and draft Daniels Maye or Nix and mentor him

Pay Tua $50M plus and they are done. Just cant overpay QB that are 1-12 in last 13 against playoff teams. have to learn from others mistakes

Date: March 08, 2024 02:02PM

As much As I want to say........no Fing way........thats not a bad Idea.

But they will never let him go. Grier and McDaniels are in a love triangle. I'm convinced they sword fight after team meetings......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: March 10, 2024 09:31AM

TCPhinFan which I fear and this will set the franchise back a decade. Not a hater just dont see him rising in big games and one injury away of a career ending one

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: March 10, 2024 09:43AM

Hello all. If they give tua 50 mill per, it will weaken every other position on this roster.

Plan A give tua 50 mill and at least a couple of oline high 1st and second round.

Plan B tag tua and get 2 first rounders...trade up in the first round and draft the best possible qb.

With the teams luck lately all these year...neither options work.

It seems this hasn't made many right moves in a while...and last year when we finnaly put a high caliber team in place luck knocked us out with all the injuries.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: March 11, 2024 08:34AM

10 of last 11 super bowls all featured either Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Patrick Mahomes, with them (Brady/Manning/Mahomes) winning 8 of 11. (Interestingly, Wilson was one of the 3 SB winners who weren't one of these 3 all-time greats).

The way the game's set up now - and I don't particularly like that this is true - you essentially need the one of the top 2-3 greatest QBs of the generation to have much hope of winning a Super Bowl. Tua's not that...but I really don't know who is, besides Mahomes.

The Phins are sort of built for a McDaniel/Tua combo. Although I've questioned whether Tua has "it" (and it's a legit question about McD, too)...and I don't think he does have "it" like Mahomes does...I do like that he's improved weaknesses every year. He's apparently going to work on 4 this offseason, and I'll bet we see a better Tua next year. Given there's only 1 Mahomes, there are 31 other teams trying to do what we are...come up with a solution to beating the Chiefs. I like that our approach is both fairly unique and at the same time in the mold of the 49ers, who have made the SB a couple times recently.

We need better injury luck.

Date: March 12, 2024 04:33AM

Looking like 2024 could be a tough season and if they overpay for Tua the rest of the decade. have to have injury clauses, I really don't feel he will have a long career

Missed a huge opportunity getting Wilson cheap

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.