HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Rodgers
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Rodgers
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 07, 2023 11:11AM

Seems like Rodgers told a Chargers player that he should be on the field in a couple of weeks.

Not sure that will matter with the Jets OL being banged up, but Rodgers is dangerous, no matter what.

If true, then Rodgers will play against Miami late in the season, or maybe even both games.

We shall see.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rodgers
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 07, 2023 12:52PM

Rodgers likely won't be effective behind that oline and doesn't have the mobility of a young Rodgers. Marino was never the same after his Achillies injury.

Date: November 08, 2023 06:45AM

Remember Marino after his archilles injury? Never the same again. And he could still throw, he still had that vision.

I'm not saying Rodgers is done, but he will not be an issue this season. And he will never win a Superbowl again.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 08, 2023 10:17AM

Yes, Marino was never the same after his Achilles injury.

In his first game back with the Dolphins in 1994,he threw for 473 yards and five TD passes in a victory over the Pats in the mud.

he SUCKED, right? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Yeah overall he wasn't quite the same. He wore the boot, wasn't as mobile, etc.

But still, see exhibit A above eye rolling smileytongue sticking out smiley

Date: November 08, 2023 04:11PM

No. Marino never sucked. I think we went 10-6 and won the AFC east in 94'.

But Dan also had 12-13 knee surgeries by then. He played well but I still remember his last game against the colts I think........we lost 60-7. JJ quit.that was rough. He was just done. I'm really glad he didn't go elsewhere. Imagine he played a few seasons in Pittsberg ?

Aaron at his age needs to stay out to next season or he won't be worth a F.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: November 08, 2023 04:15PM

Playoffs against jags.

Lost 62-7

Date: November 08, 2023 04:42PM

Rgphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Playoffs against jags.
>
> Lost 62-7

Yeah I wasn't sure of the team. thumbs upBut it was horrific. So sad to see him go out like that.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 09, 2023 01:58AM

Agreed

Date: November 09, 2023 07:12AM

Man. I had just moved to Florida. My oldest son , Danny was an infant. In NYC we didn't have streaming services yet, in order to watch the Dolphins I had to go to a local bar that paid licensing to the NFL.

Sucked because I hate smoke and had to deal with it every Sunday surrounded by Jets fans.

So here I am a fresh new arrival in Florida. I went out and bought this huge ( at the time) 60" projection TV. No more watching the tiny 28" they had at the bar over in the corner( Jets always got the center big screen .

With my infant named after Marino , both wearing matching 13 shirts I watched my first Dolphins game in luxury. Turned out to be a horrible loss and the start of a very dark period for this team.

Sigh. 23 yrs later I have a much better TV, my son is now bigger then me at 24 and his younger brotheris 19. But nothings changed. Or has it? I believe as injured players come back we are gonna dominate. These close losses are helping TUA and others perspective.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 09, 2023 08:11AM

I still remember them big screen tvs. The weighted a ton and the cost were about 5 grand when they came out on the market.

Now a 65 inch HD tv is about 450 and very affordable.

From the moment Shula retired or was forced to retire it became very dark times for the dolphins organization, especially to us fans.

It's been so bad that I think we can all agree that a playoff win would be considered a great accomplishment by this team.

Even if we don't make it to the superbowl this year.

Date: November 09, 2023 04:04PM

Yeah . That TV was Huge. Rolled on 4 wheels. About 4 feet deep in the back and you had to sit directly in front of it. The picture disappeared from the sides. But man , I was the King of my castle when watching it. grinning smiley

I disagree about after Shula. My favorite Dolphin after Dan is Zack Thomas. JJ put together a sick defense. JJ had a reality check after his parents died. But he was on the way to creating a Championship team. But when he left Wannasted in charge that's when the darkness seeped in.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.