HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins v Chiefs: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins v Chiefs: Game Day Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 04, 2023 04:18PM

Did you set your clock back?

A 9am morning game (yawn). However, it's the right time for the Dolphins to defeat the Chiefs. I'm looking forward to match up.

Beat the Chiefs!

Colonel

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins v Chiefs: Game Day Thread
Date: November 05, 2023 05:08AM

Weird......gonna have the whole day left for some chores!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 05, 2023 05:10AM

We are playing poorly. Mistakes.

The sports booth must be wearing Chiefs jersey--very biased commentary. That's a disappointment--thought Eisner was better than that. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 05, 2023 05:45AM

Maybe having too much time out on the town wasn't such a good idea.

Date: November 05, 2023 05:46AM

I don't remember Mahommes being such a pussy . He's crying on every play to the Refs. He's pathetic.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 05, 2023 05:57AM

Looks like its gonna be a blow out. I don't mind losing close. But blow out with this much talent is unacceptable. And I'll stress THIS IS NOT TUAs fault. angry smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 05, 2023 06:05AM

A lot of the fault lies with McD's play-calling. It's pretty obvious the razzle dazzle BS doesn't work against the good defenses.

Date: November 05, 2023 06:15AM

Didn't think I'd see this team get skunked in the 1st half of any game. Our Phins look like total garbage so far and unless there's some kind of miracle in the 2nd half they're going to be 6-3. I just don't get how we can beat the teams who beat the teams that we lose to. Doesn't make sense.

Date: November 05, 2023 06:37AM

"A lot of the fault lies with McD's play-calling. It's pretty obvious the razzle dazzle BS doesn't work against the good defenses."

Exactly!

KC is pitching a shutout. We look pathetic once again. Lack of head coaching experience is very obvious, IMO. Our team has a long way to go in all departments.

Date: November 05, 2023 06:55AM

Late hit!! Can we make it a a 1 score game!!!!?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 05, 2023 07:12AM

Allright Miami!

Now......the offense HAS to step up. It's go time.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 05, 2023 07:37AM

Bunch of choke artists.

Date: November 05, 2023 07:53AM

"Bunch of choke artists." --Hooligan2

My sentiments exactly.

Failed again when we had a chance for a first down and to possibly tie the game.

Rich Eisner wore his Chiefs' colors through the game favoring KC. This is not a collegiate game where the sportscasters in the booth favor the home team. Damn bad biased announcing by Eisner.

Date: November 05, 2023 08:13AM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Bunch of choke artists." --Hooligan2
>
> My sentiments exactly.
>
> Failed again when we had a chance for a first down
> and to possibly tie the game.
>
> Rich Eisner wore his Chiefs' colors through the
> game favoring KC. This is not a collegiate game
> where the sportscasters in the booth favor the
> home team. Damn bad biased announcing by Eisner.

Its B.S. TUA would make a nice throw and he would compliment the Chiefs and he cried about hitting Mahommes and pushing him out all game.

Mahommes is more of a crybaby then Brady and Allen combined.

All of that said.......we had an opportunity to overcome it all . That 4th quarter choke was ALL on Miami. 100 % choke DESERVED.

Our defense played admirably. Its one thing if we go down swinging but damn....missed snaps again at this point? We saw that in the Pre Season. No one fixed that? Thats in excusable. We have issues the better teams take advantage of. If we don't clean it up its going to be a short ride in the play offs.

I think I need a Bye also. angry smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 05, 2023 08:34AM

McD's playcalling wasn't near perfect, but the on-field execution from beginning to end was our greatest failing. You can't flutter a pass like that on 3rd & 10 and then mishandle a bad snap on the final play. When the stakes were the highest, Tua pooped the bed.

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: November 05, 2023 12:12PM

The defense allowed just 14 points the entire game. I knew Connor Williams was going to cost us a game with the bad snaps. Disappointing loss. All is not lost.

Go phins.

Fangios defense is starting to gel.

Edit to add: tyreek wanted to show his team how great he still was and laid an egg instead.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2023 12:15PM by Rgphin.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 05, 2023 01:53PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> I don't remember Mahommes being such a pussy .
> He's crying on every play to the Refs. He's
> pathetic.

My thoughts exactly. What a damn crybaby. I used to respect him a lot more than I do after watching him do his Tom Baby impersonation.

Date: November 05, 2023 02:14PM

Let's hope Cincy beats Buffalo.

Date: November 05, 2023 02:46PM

Bills game is about to start. I've been miserable all day trying not to think of the way our game ended this morning.

Yes, I hope the Bengals have a great night too.

Bottom line: The Dolphins need to get a lot better when it counts!

Date: November 06, 2023 05:31AM

Agreed, Colonel. Especially when it is a winnable game. We demonstrated that we could have won the game, then demonstrated that we fell short.

If we'd have got our a$$es handed to us in a blowout, I'd actually feel better about the game. Hopefully we learn from what happened and improve rather than think 'oh we were THIS close'

In other news: the Past lost a close one at home to the R&*#@3!n$/Footballteam/Commanders and I laughed my ass off listening to the call on the radio. Scott Zolak, Former Backup QB for the Past (and even for the Phins), is entertaining to listen to (when the Pats lose, that is). Apparently at the end of the game some Past fans were yelling through the press box window fro Zolak to 'unretire' and re-join the Pats bc they are giving up on Mac Jones. But actually the loss wasn't his fault; they had a couple drops, especially one that ended up being an INT at the end of the game. Oh well, Patsies...you tried.

And finally, special thanks go out to the Cincinnati Bengals, for keeping the Bills fans I work with quiet for one day and keeping us at tops in the AFC East.

Date: November 06, 2023 05:44AM

Jc we want the pats to win a couple of games so they won't get the 1st pick in every round of the draft.

Lol

Ever since brady is not there I don't hate them that much.

It's been a joyous occasion watching the pats play this year. Actually since mac Jones became the qb.

Date: November 06, 2023 05:49AM

Rgphin Wrote:
> The defense allowed just 14 points the entire.
>
>
> Fangios defense is starting to gel.

Nah. That's Ramsey. With him and X it's a different defense.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 06, 2023 10:03AM

That's how fangio picture this defense. He draws the plays. Players execute them. Now we can blits more. The defense was starting to play well before Ramsey came back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2023 11:36AM by Rgphin.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 06, 2023 12:24PM

Damnit I'm bummed. We were the more talented team on the field yesterday. We were nearly at full health.

I sincerely hope that their ability to win against quality opponents isn't in any way tied to my belief that they can. I'm not sure when I'll be a believer at this point. We have 8 games left in the rest of the season and I think we have more talent than any remaining team on the schedule. So, I'll be pissed if we lose any of our remaining games. But, given our inability to win against quality opponents, I could see us losing 1/2 of them (BUF, DAL, BAL and NYJ 1x). Even if we somehow win 3/4 of our remaining games, I'll know that we lost to the best teams on our schedule 3 of 3 times in our first 9 games and likely a couple more times thereafter. It absolutely sucks to think we could finish 12-5 and I'd have serious doubts about our chances to win even 1 playoff game.

We've waited so freakin long to assemble enough legit talent to actually compete for the SB. We've now faced both SB competitors from last year, and $hit the bed against KC and had criminally obvious corrupt officiating against Philly. In both cases we had the talent to compete.

Date: November 06, 2023 03:55PM

Rgphin Wrote:
> Jc we want the pats to win a couple of games so
> they won't get the 1st pick in every round of the
> draft.
>
> Lol

That's a logical statement. But I live in New England, and my hatred for the Patriots defies logic. I don't want them to win any more games from now until the end of time.

But they will win at least a couple more. Unfortunately.

>
> Ever since brady is not there I don't hate them
> that much.
>

Oh me neither. I only hate them 99.9999999 % as much.

Date: November 07, 2023 02:52AM

Hahaha

I imagine what you have to go through when they win.

Date: November 07, 2023 09:25AM

I can relate . I grew up around Jets fans. I couldn't put anything Miami related on my car because they would vandalize it. However you had it much worse. The Jets usually were worse then us. We had that one time when Sanchez took them to the AFC championship. TG thier coach was overrated and they went down like Stormy Daniels on a co star.

The Pats couldn't do anything wrong for a while.......the Wes Welker thing hurt real bad for a while.

All behind us. If we sweep the Jets like we did the Pats and go 1 and 1 with Buffalo I'm good. I agree it's looking we are a few pieces short of a Championship
Team. But we are contenders now.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.