HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins v. Eagles: Sunday night game thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins v. Eagles: Sunday night game thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 21, 2023 11:53AM

We ARE that good and the Eagles will lose this game! The defense will be ready for the Eagles and put pressure on their QB and WRs. How do I know? I can see the improvement weekly and this is the big competition the Dolphins needed to show the country they are for real this season. I am optimistic. smiling bouncing smiley

Go DOLPHINS!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2023 11:53AM by colonel.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins v. Eagles: Sunday night game thread
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 21, 2023 12:18PM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We ARE that good and the Eagles will lose this
> game! The defense will be ready for the Eagles and
> put pressure on their QB and WRs. How do I know? I
> can see the improvement weekly and this is the big
> competition the Dolphins needed to show the
> country they are for real this season. I am
> optimistic. smiling bouncing smiley
>
> Go DOLPHINS!

Colonel, I am hoping the Fins win, of course, but I am not as optimistic as you are. I am concerned with the defense; sure, they have played well the last few weeks, but look who they played. Against Buffalo, they got clobbered, both sides of the ball. We can only hope Fangio has fixed things, along with designing new formations that the NFL has not seen this season. With Hurts' running ability, along with two very good WRs, the D's work is cut out for them.

As far as the offense, yeah, they "should" be able to keep up, if not surpass, every team they play, but they can be shut down; Buffalo showed that. Philly supposedly has very good, if not elite, OLine and DLine. Their Dline is among the best in stopping the run. if Miami has a hard time running, that will put too much pressure on Tua and his receivers, and if the D still has issues, I don't see a good outcome for the Fins.

Saying all that, the Fins can win this game, but everything has to fall into place; no mistakes.

Go Dolphins!

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: October 21, 2023 12:37PM

Colonel I like your optimism.

I agree with capcoi that we need to play a mistake free game to have a shot in the 4th quarter.

Go phins!smileys with beer

Date: October 21, 2023 01:21PM

Love it Colonel! smileys with beer

We play good and win, we are putting the country on notice. Just wait until the starters come back in a few weeks!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 22, 2023 11:50AM

A few hours before game time and NE beats the Bills. We are atop the division. Tonight we gain more ground with a BIG win. Go Dolphins! smiling smiley

Date: October 22, 2023 02:16PM

Both my boys even came home this weekend.
Wife is ordering Carabas for a late dinner at 8:20.
Firepit has wood. We are a go!! Nothing like The Dolphins on national TV!!

smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 22, 2023 03:03PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
>
> Firepit has wood.

and so will we all, if we beat the Iggles.

GO PHINS.

Date: October 22, 2023 04:12PM

Remember I said that we had a solid running game?

I take it back.

Date: October 22, 2023 04:25PM

The refs are in the tank. 100%

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 22, 2023 04:45PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> The refs are in the tank. 100%

There were a few bad calls and non-calls. Most notable to me was their OL facemasking our DL one of their TD drives. the guy's head snapped back and the line judge somehow didn't see it? bullll-sheet!

Date: October 22, 2023 05:22PM

The referees in this game haven't heard of the facemask penalty. There have been two blantant grabbing of our players' facemasks with our guys' head being snapped back and both times the refs didn't call it.

bunch of crap.

Date: October 22, 2023 05:24PM

OOH...I'll take that little shot of karma right there with that tip and pick-six.

Shove that one, refs.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 22, 2023 06:17PM

(edited- in the heat of the moment, perhaps a bit more subtlety)

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2023 10:40PM by dolphan4545.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 22, 2023 06:23PM

Well, if we happen to meet the Giants and the Panthers in the play-offs we have a real chance of making some noise. The razzle dazzle bs doesn't seem to work against the good teams.

Date: October 22, 2023 06:29PM

Well, I was grossly over optimistic. The Dolphins' defense can't mix it up with a hard-nosed team like the Eagles. The D got pushed around all night. Our D lucked out with the interception TD but aside from that a poor showing. Offensively, not having our lighting fast rookie running back in the mix hurt. Next, I must criticize our temporary center, Eichenberg he is lousy and isn't much of a guard either. We need a better, more agile and stronger guy to replace him at guard and we need Connor Williams back soon at center.

BTW I like my crow, medium well done. sad smiley

Colonel

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 22, 2023 07:00PM

I disagree. I thought that the defense, with a couple of exceptions, played pretty well. Eli Apple sucked when he was with the Giants, but I had hoped he had gotten better with experience. But, nope. He still sucks. DB's thin again, much like last year. Is Cam Smith really not as good as this guy? But, at least we have hope things will get better this year. O-line looked fair, but Eichenberg looked lousy. I watched him lead a sweep, and he missed the first defender, and blocked the second guy- but the first guy had already made the tackle. Typical.

P.S. This game was one of the most poorly officiated games that I have ever seen. They ought to check this head referee's officiating crew- particularly their bank records.

Rick

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 22, 2023 10:14PM

This game was hard to watch. It's as if we beat ourselves along with some help from the stupid refs. Now we have to keep hearing "The Dolphins can't beat anyone good" bullshit. Ugh!

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: October 23, 2023 02:54AM

Tua is healthy. Until we can get every body back from injuries.

That was the main concern before the game. Playing with 2nd 3rd string olinemen.

Also the refs were trash in philladelfia favor.

I've never seen so many holding penalties not called.

We will get everybody back and make a run at the end of the year.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 23, 2023 04:31AM

I thought that was the best our front 7 has played all year. They went toe to toe with the best oline in football. Phillips abused Lane Johnson and Johnson held multiple times.

Playing with 3/5s of your oline out against that defensive front is a recipe for disaster. Glad Tua didn't get killed last night.

In the grand scheme of things, that game meant nothing. Once we get healthy we'll start winning these games.

Date: October 23, 2023 06:07AM

The minute I saw X wasn't playing I knew we were in trouble. 3 starters out on our Oline, I knew we were in trouble. Add to that one of the worst referee hack jobs zive seen in a while. I think we were called on 12 penalties and they had 0. eye rolling smiley

I hope the league is contacted, I wish McDaniels would get in thier faces a little more.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 23, 2023 07:25AM

We gotta prove we can win big games as they come along, but I agree with the prevailing sentiments about this one in particular.

1. the officiating was criminally one-sided

2. we were playing without so much of our top-shelf talent. We can beat the teams we have without a relatively healthy roster. But, 3/5 of our starting OL was out. Both our top CBs (yeah, I'm at the point of counting Ramsey now). Waddle was out of the game for a bit. Heck, the league's best rusher (in a micro sample size) was out.
That's about 5 players who are top 5-10 at their position...difference makers.

Was impressed by our front 7. Long was playing like a man possessed when he was in. Chubb, Phillips & Wilk were getting consistent pressure (while getting held a ton) AND containing their run game.

It was 17-17 at basically the beginning of the 4th quarter and we'd made some critical mistakes up to that point. We have the talent - need to get healthy.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 23, 2023 01:42PM

Well, I am not surprised with the outcome.

Not going away from the fact that we have a few of our key players out, but so did the Eagles, but that didn't seem to affect them. There D backfield had two or so folks out; held our receivers way below their season average. The Eagles' front 7 is one of the best in the league and they played like it. Fins' running game went nowhere pretty much the whole game. Not so sure AChane would have made any difference as our OL was overwhelmed. Four sacks on Tua! Speaking of our receivers....Hill dropped a pass right in his hands in the end zone - that's pretty much a picture of how the game went for Miami.

Our front 7 played OK; not bad but not good either. Had quite a few good plays, but the negative plays pretty much balanced everything out. Our pass defense is where the majority of the problems came in. I am well aware X was ruled out and we won't have Ramsey back there for at least another 2-3 weeks. It seemed like just about anytime Hurts wanted to throw the ball, he had a guy open. Back to our front 7 - did you all see how many times our guys were right there and missed getting Hurts down? He just kept getting out of trouble and then hitting his guys downfield. Our guys did OK against the run, but they will have problems against teams that have a decent OLine and good RBs.

The Patriots are next, but Miami won't have an easy time of it; did you see the Pats vs Bills game? NE is not gonna be a walk in the park. I really don't see any team left on the schedule where Miami will have it easy. Hopefully, the injured players will get back quickly and more importantly, STAY HEALTHY!!!

Agreed on the comments concerning the officials; there were a few obvious penalties, but weren't called.

The Fins' trip to Germany is going to be a horror show; Miami just doesn't have what it takes against the better teams (at this moment).

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: October 24, 2023 05:20AM

There are a few teams that outplay the phins, and this is one of them. I love what I see but cringe when stupid penalties make it even more one sided.

I love the 5-2...I'll take it either way.smileys with beer

Date: October 24, 2023 06:17AM

Called penalties screwed up the Dolphins. Fewer penalties were called on the Eagles and many were simply missed by the refs. These missed calls helped the Eagles big time.

It will be a happy day this season when the Dolphins can field a strong secondary and an offensive line with starters. Right now, one of the weak links is Eichenberg at Center. New position for him and it shows in his wayward snaps and blocking assignment. The front office failed to secure a quality lineman with center experience to back up Williams, big mistake.

Time to dry our eyes and move on to beating the Patriots this coming Sunday at the stadium.

GO Dolphins! thumbs up

Date: October 24, 2023 04:10PM

I knew the Oline would bite us in the ass again. That said I also have to admit it's played alot better then I thought it would . We have injuries but when they were healthy they were pretty dang effective. No gripes from me on the offense.

The problem is on defense. Quality unit just not playing well. They were better in 21 and 22'.The corners have no depth after X and Ramsey. The rest just can't compete.And special teams is just not special.

Our only hope is we get everyone back healthy during the December stretch. If we still have a winning record by then maybe we can beat some better teams and go deep.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.