HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins Vs. Da Bills at home..........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins Vs. Da Bills at home..........
Date: October 01, 2023 06:05AM

OK this is where the rubber meets the road.........This game answers a lot of questions but in no means determines our entire season. However this is a good indication of where we are as a team. Are we different this season? Is Fangino all hes cracked up to be? Can our Oline run the ball and give TUA time to develop plays? No high snaps and we need to make ALL kicks under 40 yds.

When all is said and done its good to at least be contenders again. Buffalo is not smiling before this game. They know we are a force to reckon with. I hope we can get a good piece of our respect back today....

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins Vs. Da Bills at home..........
Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: October 01, 2023 06:51AM

Phins 34
Bills 30

smileys with beer

The question is can we keep up with the bills offense?

Eich starting at center.

The oline needs to play well in order to have a remote chance.

Go phins thumbs upsmileys with beer

Date: October 01, 2023 09:08AM

Fangino has to correct.

The Bills came to play.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 01, 2023 09:38AM

When tuning in on my tv, the Xfinity system has mini sports app which tells you which games are currently on, etc. It also shows scores and some stats. At the beginning of the game, a stat field caught my eye that I'd never noticed before. It was Strength of Schedule.

According to the screen I was viewing, it said the Phins have a Strength of Schedule ranking of 32. the easiest schedule in the league. Interesting.

Oh yeah, and that was a very disappointing first half.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 01, 2023 09:41AM

Tackling is pathetic. I've seen this movie before. Play calling is awful, with inches to go for 1st down why is Tua taking the snap in the shotgun? I think McD has been deluded by some of the hype.
Miami is being exposed.
I know it's still early in the season but, it sure feels like we're playing for the wildcard again.

Date: October 01, 2023 09:42AM

Whew. Rough 1st half .31-14

If we were down 10 I'd feel more positive. To be down 3 scores on this defense in the 2nd half is a tall order.

Armstead is out . If we can come back and at least make it close will say alot about this team. Our weaknesses exposed how do we react?

Mike Tyson once said......you never know how your gonna react when you get punched in the face.

And not for nothing Josh Allen is a fuking pussy. He cries to the ref more then Brady ever did.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 01, 2023 09:50AM

Armstead needs to retire, he's not bringing anything to the table.

Date: October 01, 2023 10:07AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
>
> Mike Tyson once said......you never know how your
> gonna react when you get punched in the face.
>

I believe the exact quote is more along the lines of
Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

We are getting punched in the mouth.

Date: October 01, 2023 11:06AM

No doubt. A punch with an upper cut . It's a blow out. I really thought we were going to at least make a game of it.

Alrighty......it's not over. We need to regroup and come back from this. Defense is just not clicking. Missed tackles everywhere. Get back to basics. Fundamentals on defense. On offense it's the same old story. Oline. sad smiley

We wanted answers. There ya go. Sometimes you need to take a step back before you go forward.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 01, 2023 03:32PM

A slice of humble pie was on the Dolphins' menu today. Couldn't see the game here on the West Coast but that's ok it would have hurt to see it so I watched NASCAR instead. At least the Pats lost which is always good and hopefully the Jets get disposed of tonight.

Date: October 01, 2023 04:28PM

I know a lot of people don't agree with what I'm about to say, but I personally would much rather lose big like we did today, than to lose in OT or by just one or two key plays.

If this game would've been close, our players and coaches would have been likely to think "we are so close, we're doing everything right, we just need to make a couple tiny tweaks here and there".
No.
We stunk the joint out. To quote the late great Jim Mandich: 'the stench of cow manure hovers over this performance by the Miami Dolphins'

At the very least, we have revealed some glaring issues that need to be addressed.

For me, I was particularly disappointed with our running game. Outside of Achane, we didn't do much. Approximately half of our plays were runs vs. passes. I can't believe Mostert didn't produce more (we kept passing to him).

And I'm not pretending to know what the answer is either. But at one point the broadcasters said that the Bills starting corners were out with injuries. To me (the armchair coach that I am grinning smiley ) that means we should have done more outside runs, pitchouts, etc to run right at the corners.

What do you guys think? What should we have done differently on offense? (I won't even bring up our D lol )

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: October 02, 2023 02:13AM

Bad day for the phins. Only one good thing came out of this game. Tua in one piece.

The oline was getting pushed back.

I agree with what you say jc.

There were so many errors on the phins side I don't know which one to point out.

Date: October 02, 2023 05:01AM

A kick in the teeth was what this team needed. Maybe now the coaches will get back to the fundamentals like tackling.
I don't know if McD is still calling the plays but, maybe he shouldn't be. That series just before the half still has me scratching my head. It looked like about a foot for the first down and Tua is taking the snap in the shotgun? What happened to our running backs, QB sneak, why do we carry a FB?
That 70 against Denver lulled everybody to sleep. Time to sweep up the confetti and get back to work.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 02, 2023 05:47AM

A kick in the teeth indeed. Im not sweating this loss IF the team gets the message. That is the Bills are the biggest, baddest and toughest team in the AFC east and they just punked us. We have to grow up, tackle, stop screwing up snaps and kick a$$ more than we talk about kicking a$$ on D (Mr Wilkens).

This team has not proven &*&^ until they can beat the Bills. Entire NFL knows this I hope the Phins do too.

The serious issue is the defensive triangle, NT(better than 2022) and ILBs(the problem). Too soft, bad gap control and tackling by ILBs. Philly is going to kill us because they have excellent and disciplined run blockers on their OL. I don't think we have the ILBs on the roster to correct this unfortunately and right now Fangio has not impressed me.

Still, I think we can beat any team on our schedule except the Eagles and Bills. I can see the Phins going to the AFC championship but they are not ready to face the Bills.

Date: October 02, 2023 08:03AM

Thing is , we beat them last season. Basically the same team. We won and lost by 3 points.

Then this season to get blown out like this? WTF. I can handle a loss. But a complete defensive melt down is just unacceptable. At half time I expect Fangino to make adjustments, not get worse.

And I havnt said it yet.....I really thought he would be valuable once he learned the system.....but Chubb is a complete waste. Guy doesn't have it anymore. Bring in Zack Thomas, think outside the box , he never missed a tackle ever. Watch tape get this defense playing.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 02, 2023 11:15AM

The Belles are a better all-round team. Better coached, more disciplined. Somebody else on another Dolphin forum remarked that when the Belles scored, there was NO celebration, NO conga line in the endzone. Their coach won't tolerate the silliness. My big issue with McD is that he seems to be more wrapped up in being one of the boys rather than being an effective HC.
Once the game started slipping away the team fell completely apart, everything was going wrong and, there was no steadying force. It was a rudderless ship, no adjustments. That's lack of leadership.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 02, 2023 01:47PM

I didn't see the game, but when NFLN replays it, I will probably watch the first quarter and half of the second.

While I was score watching, it looked like the Bills were on their way to topping what the Fins did last week.

The Bills have our number, and to be truthful, they had our number even with Marino behind center.

I am not impressed with Fangio's D. Is it him, or the players, or...is it just taking time for everyone to get on the same page?

Achane should be RB1, with Mostert spelling him.

Tua had good stats, but again, I didn't watch the game, so I don't know how he got the yardage he did. I did see, however, on hi-lites (or in the Fins' case, low-lites), of Tua's int.

Well, Giants are up next, then the Panthers. Hopefully, Miami can win those two and go into Philly with a 5-1 record.

Oh, Armstead should call it quits. He isn't doing Miami any good being on the sidelines as much as he has been. Hopefully Phillips gets back on the field this week, although Van Ginkel is doing a nice job.

Date: October 02, 2023 03:37PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> The Belles are a better all-round team. Better
> coached, more disciplined. Somebody else on
> another Dolphin forum remarked that when the
> Belles scored, there was NO celebration, NO conga
> line in the endzone. Their coach won't tolerate
> the silliness. My big issue with McD is that he
> seems to be more wrapped up in being one of the
> boys rather than being an effective HC.
> Once the game started slipping away the team fell
> completely apart, everything was going wrong and,
> there was no steadying force. It was a rudderless
> ship, no adjustments. That's lack of leadership.

I felt the same way about McD. But after that 70+ win I figured whatever. To be honest our issues are more with defense then anything else. McD has our offense killing it , but we need better Olinemen. With Armstead it's a different line. But where do you get Oline help 4th week of the season? They never addressed it. And now it's gonna bite us.....again.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 02, 2023 04:39PM

I think that you should, because the O-line couldn't control their outside line guys, giving Tua very little time to go through his progressions and set up an outside game.
And as Rick Weaver would have said, 'They knocked us flatter than a state fair pumpkin!'. I was never too sure exactly what that meant, but then he didn't have to use that saying very often because it didn't happen to this team very often in those days.

Rick

Date: October 02, 2023 08:05PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> I think that you should, because the O-line
> couldn't control their outside line guys, giving
> Tua very little time to go through his
> progressions and set up an outside game.
> And as Rick Weaver would have said, 'They knocked
> us flatter than a state fair pumpkin!'. I was
> never too sure exactly what that meant, but then
> he didn't have to use that saying very often
> because it didn't happen to this team very often
> in those days.

grinning smiley. and towards the end of Weaver's career he broadcasted alongside Mandich. There was a sound bite that they used to play on .. I guess it was WIOD ...many years later of Mandich saying "That's just stupid, Rick". But to be fair I don't think Jim was responding to that particular Pumpkin quote (which I don't remember for some reason...and I had my transistor radio glued to my face during dolphins games in those days).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.