-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Patriots v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread 2022
Patriots v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread 2022
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 11, 2022 04:39AM

Well, here we are, finally. Hoping for the very best play possible today and for the season. Let's win the division.

GO DOLPHINS!

Colonel

Re: Patriots v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread 2022
Date: September 11, 2022 05:08AM

PSYCHED!!!!!

First play of the game from TUA will be a running play. Just a guess becuase they went long and deep last game.

This will be more about Belicheat vs. McDaniels. We will stretch the field giving the run game some needed relief.

Giesicki / Hill/ Waddle in the red zone should be nuts to watch. smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 11, 2022 08:04AM

Dont know if all our out of south Florida residents could see......but Terek Hill was saluting and cheering during the national anthem. Hes a team leader. It goes a long way and this team is different.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 11, 2022 08:25AM

Geez. Underwhelming a bit.

We were lucky not to be called for Pass Int.stole 3 points.

Hopefully we are just working out some bugs. Oline is still an issue. Defense is playing weak.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 11, 2022 11:04AM

Whew. I was worried that we’d blow the lead. With one of our td’s on a defensive play and the other in a (great) long pass, I remain concerned with our ability to conduct long drives ending in TDs. But the defense did their job.

But with a win against the Patsies you take it, celebrate briefly, move on, hit the film room and prepare for next week.

Go phins.

PS they showed a graphic saying Tua was 4-0 against Bellicheat. Keep that streak going!

Date: September 11, 2022 11:21AM

Belicheat was having a bad day. Lol. He was Mother Fing the refs badly in the 3rd quarter.......grinning smiley Enjoy the ride home DB.

Our defense made plays when we needed it. 3 turnovers . TUA was not impressive IMO. Hes lucky his teamates made plays around him.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: September 11, 2022 02:50PM

If you just looked at the stat line, Tua had a pretty good game - well above his average for yards.

But, he had several completely boneheaded plays. One was an absolutely gift-wrapped INT and a couple others where he should have simply thrown it away to live for another play. The game could have been really ugly for him. This has been a consistent weakness in his game, and it's hard for me to understand why he hasn't cleaned it up yet.

Overall, I expect it's gonna take a bit of time for our offense to really gel or get into a groove. Things looked a bit clunky out there. Not disjointed or dysfunctional like last year...just clunky.

Date: September 11, 2022 04:00PM

Well said Tsstamper.

The difference ......I hope.....is TUA now has an offensive minded coach who is invested and will get with him on Tuesday and work to fix his issues.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 12, 2022 03:08AM

A good win, some film review and things to work on

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 12, 2022 03:39AM

"Clunky!" Agree. Still lots to work on to iron things out. Tua making poor decision "almost" leading to a terrible interception would have changed the game. I sense this is a habit that resurfaces when Tua is under great pressure (his own) and defensive push by opponent. That is something he needs to correct. Overall, starting with a win is fantastic--a much needed change. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: September 12, 2022 04:20AM

Why i dont feel good about this win? I dont know.

If this dolphins OLine plays like this against the bills defense, tua will be hurt again.

I know we were down to our 3rd right OT which is tuas blind side but still.

Tua needs to make hill his first option on offense. He was wide open at least 3 times that i saw and he missed him.

Holland is a stud in his second year. Needham is a slot corner. He was beaten on a long pass but overall his namewasnt called much which is a good thing.

Jaelan Phillips struggled like a rookie.

There still needs many things to be corrected and next week it gets even tougher against the ravens.

Cant have tua struggle aganinst theravens or else we are toast.

Had we had a great qb yesterday against the bills, and tyreek hill catches 16 passes for 250 yards. I stillhave hope tua can develop into a good qb in 2022. We will see how he develops.

Go Phins.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: September 12, 2022 05:25AM

Having never played organized football (but my fair share of tackle w/o pads neighborhood football that today's kids parents wouldn't dream of letting their kids risk), I truly don't know if it's as easy as I imagine to simply recognize the situation, decide to throw it away and then throw it away. Maybe there's some sort of hard-wiring in the brain that just takes over and one can't see any option except trying to make the play. The dumb decisions that could be remedied by throwing it away are frustrating.

In terms of seeing and hitting the open man:
1) I think it's incredibly encouraging that receivers were getting so open so consistently. I haven't rewatched the game or even highlights or anything, but I don't recall a ton of throws that required pinpoint accuracy just to complete due to no separation.
2) while no QB is ever going to choose just the right receiver every single play, I have seen Tua over his short career grow in this area even in dysfunction. Given this was the debut of the offense against real competition, I'm sure he was seeing things Belicheck threw at him to confuse, etc. I think he'll grow here in relatively short order given the system & coaching that are around him.
3) we got to see what happens when accuracy meets separation meets speed on the 4th down TD. I have noted to my son since we picked up Hill to add to Waddle that we should be seeing a lot more of that - quick slants that turn into long gains/TDs.

Date: September 12, 2022 05:39AM

Agreed Tss.

Players were wide open. Imagine having to cover waddle, who was open all the time without hill last year. And now having hill alonside and also gesicky. Not easy for a defense. Even for a GOAT coached defense in bellicheck.

This team will win many games IMO depending on how well Tua and the OL develops thoughout the year.

The defense is set. And on offense we have great receivers, Good Rbs and above average TEnds. We also have a full back who plays very well. Loved that quick handoff to him where he converted for a 2 yards first down. Reminded me when we had that other fullback a while back who played realwell or 3rd and 4th down convertions.

Overall making the playoofs will depend once again on tua and the Oline development.

Knock on wood.

Date: September 12, 2022 07:46AM

Yes. The Book of TUA has been opened and we are in maybe 2-3 chapters. Can he develop into a franchise QB? Guess we have to keep reading. One thing is certain he was drafted too high at #5 overall. A Top 10 pick can be raw but they should be able to play right out of the chute. TUAs no rookie anymore but I'm giving him ever benefit of doubt I can muster because this is a new coach , new offense , and alot of new players. But just needs to be better. Better reads, more accurate , and consistent.

I like the way mcDanials has the receiver's running options before the play........Hill would run and really throw the defense off a step. When he sets up on the ends to stretch the field hes always double teams. We need to take advantage of that missing playing more. Waddle should have the best season so far because of this. Giesicki as well. Giesicki needs to block better.

Offense: Has to block better. Let plays develop.

Defense: Dont miss tackles. They picked it up but were sloppy early on.

Jones and Howard are magnificent. Hope they stay healthy. OGBAH is my favorite Dolphin. Keep doin what your doing son son!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 12, 2022 01:19PM

I add to that....we held the to just one score on the second half when all players were tired. Also they had like a 6 yard average running ball in first half didnt run much though as they had abouut 50 yards running the football. We adjusted in the second and they could run after that. It tells me this coaching staff did their job with adjusting to stop run and let their weakness which is their second year qb beat us. Imo they had a better chance running the ball to beat us than passing the ball.

Date: September 12, 2022 01:26PM

Its pleasant to know the ne qb is not developing like the bills qb allen anytime soon. It bad enough we have to deal with allen every year.

Id be happy if we can just make it competitive on both contests against bills. Then anything can happen at the end of the game.

I dont trust this dolphins ol at all. Its the weakest position by far.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 14, 2022 03:33AM

Im actually more concerned with our run defense more than the OL. I think this OL can develop over the season. Finally I hope the pieces are in place. Please, please stay healthy. Watching 3 tackles go down in one game was nerve racking.

The defense gave up 7 plays of runs of 5+ yards and gave up at least 2 3rd and longs. We are vulnerable on the edge w/ Phillips IMO. Ingram is a better edge defender than Van Winkle. We forced the Pats into more passing in the second half going up 17-0. The bend don't break defense makes me nervous. You get pass our front 3 there is to much running room. Individual tackling was also poor. Pats tackling was noticeable better. IMO

Watching the Pats game I was thinking we should go back to the 4-3 or play some 4-2-5 variants.

Im not praising our D yet. The Ravens game will tell a lot. If we win or play them close I will feel better.

Date: September 14, 2022 05:06AM

Agreed. I get some kind of relief knowing we adjusted defense at halftime and they had a they couldnt run it in the second half. Especially against a well coached belichick team.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.