HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jets respond to Channing
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Jets respond to Channing
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: June 09, 2009 02:28PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jets respond to Channing
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: June 09, 2009 02:49PM

Date: June 09, 2009 04:17PM

ha ha ha.......Bart Scott was the best defensive free agent this past offseason who got a big money deal. He was the BEST linebacker on Baltimores great defense last year. Baltimore faught to keep him but lost out to the Jets who paid him a truck load of money

Posted by: tueful13 ()
Date: June 10, 2009 03:38AM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ha ha ha.......Bart Scott was the best defensive
> free agent this past offseason who got a big money
> deal. He was the BEST linebacker on Baltimores
> great defense last year. Baltimore faught to keep
> him but lost out to the Jets who paid him a truck
> load of money

If you look from back to 2006 Bart has had a few decent years. But looking at his stats back in 2006 shows what he can do...or does it...Remember in 2006 when the LB core consisted of Ray Lewis, Adalius Thomas, Terrel Suggs and Bart. I wonder why he had a good year then...As you see his sacks went down when Adalius Thomas went to the pats. How do you figure he was the best defensive free agent? Here is a list of some defensive players I would take over Bart Scott. This is just a few of the defensive free agents that were out there. Yes Bart can play but is he the best free agent defensive player...I think not..

Albert Haynesworth
Ray Lewis
Jonathan Vilma
Oshiomogho Atogwe
Darren Sharper
Brian Dawkins

YEAR TEAM G TOT SOLO AST PD SACK FF
2006 BAL 16 103 78 25 9 9.5 0
2007 BAL 16 93 62 31 5 1.0 0
2008 BAL 16 82 61 21 5 1.5 2

Date: June 10, 2009 04:00AM

the only one that might be a better who was on the market is Haynesworth. I would take Scott over Haynesworth but you could make a valid case for Albert.

At this stage in their careers Scott is a better player than Lewis, Vilma, Atogwe, Sharper and Dawkins. That isn't even up for debate

Date: June 10, 2009 04:17AM

Albert would be nice but not for the price tag...

Ray Ray is still a monster at his age and is one of the most feared LB ever to play...Bart can't and will never compare to Ray...This coming from someone who hates Ray Ray...

Vilma hasn't had a good year since leaving the Jets I will give you that but look who has around him and who Bart had...

Atogwe is the same as Vilma. They best DB in the league by far but no one throws to his side cause they are scared of him...

Sharper and Dawkins are getting up there and past there prime. Maybe I should have left them off the list but names worthy of being there...

Bart Scott would not be known if he didn't play for the Ravens during that time...That team made him...Who knew of Bart Scott before the 2005-2006 season? He has been in the league since 2002...

Not saying he isn't an above average LB just saying he is not the best Defensive free agent out there...

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: June 10, 2009 04:23AM

Atogwe...best DB is league...I think you have him confused with Nnamdi Asomugha. No one could argue that Atogwe is better than Nnamdi.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: June 10, 2009 04:29AM

my god long day at work...Yea you are right my friend I was mistaken...Anyways my whole point was Bart is not the best defensive free agent this year...Hey I am not perfect...But damn close...

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: June 10, 2009 05:56PM

Rex Ryan is cracking me up. He is the enemy but he is funny.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: June 10, 2009 07:31PM

Rex's response to Channing today was something to the effect of...."I have walked over tougher guys than Channing Crowder on the way to a fight."

Now he did say it with a smile and a laugh. I think this back-n-forth should be over with now. But who knows

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.