HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Offseason Wish list
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Offseason Wish list
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: February 07, 2022 07:20AM

Hopefully with McDaniel on board we can attract some

FA

Resign

Duke Johnson, Phillip Lindsay, Emmanuel Ogbah, Mike Gesicki, Kirk Merritt, Mack Hollins, Elandon Roberts, Nik Needham, Sam Equavoen

have seen rumors of Howard and Jones trades, Howard for a first, hopefully Devante also

Sign a few

Allen Robinson, Braxton Berrios, Jauan Jennings, Jalen Guyton , Christian Kirk, Allen Lazard, Rebuild the WR Corp

OL Cam Robinson, Terron Armstead, Lakin Tomlinson. Get some vets so we don't have to draft OL early again?

QB Mariota or Trubisky Mike White, Kyle Allen backup? Cant be worse than Brissett

Draft

RB one of Breece Hall, Kenneth Walker Rachaad White, Zamir White, Brian Robinson

WR Drake London, Treylon Burks, Justyn Ross, Christian Watson , Jalen Tolbert, Charleston Rambo, George Pickens

Could we take London , Burks, or Watson and run them like Deebo?

OL

Trevor Penning, Zion Johnson, Sean Rhyan, Darian Kinnard, Daniel Faalele (6'9", 387!)

QB

Sam Howell, Carsen Strong, Armani Rogers Aqeel Glass?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Offseason Wish list
Date: February 07, 2022 08:09AM

I hope they resign Ogbah and GIESICKI. Duke Johnson.

Build on the defense. Not a complete team rebuild.

If there is a great QB opportunity available great. If not this is TUAs make it or break it season.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: February 07, 2022 09:30AM

I really like Giesicki, but I don't know that resigning him will be how they choose to use the $$. From what I've seen - and not saying it has to be a 100% copy/paste from his past experience - he emphasizes the run game and TE has to be a real value-add within that context.

If Mike G were to expect a contract in the range of Goedert, Andrews, Henry (~$14M/yr), I know we could afford it but I could see them wanting to utilize that cash/cap space on OL and maybe going with Shaheen & Long and maybe resign Smythe or sign/draft a TE that is more net-positive to the running game. Sadly for Giesicki, there's a decent amount of legitimate talent on the 2022 FA TE market. I think he's near the top athletically, but that may be more valuable to another team with his deficiency in run blocking.

Date: February 07, 2022 10:44AM

More broadly, my top wish for the offseason (now that HC is settled) is a killer OL coach who can figure out how to field an OL that doesn't hamstring the entire offense and can actually be value-add (yeah, I know I'm overusing that term today). I tend to believe that acquiring veteran talent, whether by FA or trade, will be part of the solution, but it would be nice to have someone who can figure out which of our players might be keepers vs. which we need to acquire.

I wholeheartedly agree with keeping Ogbah if possible. He's not elite, so hoping it will be in the $15-$17M/yr range.

For now, I don't hope that we trade either CB as I think they are a real and fairly unique advantage to being able to play defense the way we do - which, when on, is difficult to attack. I'm ok with Parker being traded if for a decent return (no need to give him away).

Among our lower-tier FAs, I'd like to see Needham, Hollins & both RB resigned, at least.

On the defensive side of the ball, I think particular focus should be on building with the Bills in mind. Honestly, I'm not even sure what I mean by that. But, I think it may include a LB to pair with Baker who is athletic enough to cover shorter routes and fast/strong enough to be the spy on Allen. He gouges us so much, I'm wondering if it might be necessary to have 2 spies somewhat interchangeably alternating with one another to key on him. Along with that, DL has to bring it's A game in terms of tackling - so many times he pushes, spins or slips his way out of tackles.

Date: February 08, 2022 07:01AM

Tsstamper could see McDaniel open Gesicki up like Kittle?

Date: February 08, 2022 07:07AM

Could see them moving Howard for a 1st maybe more and taking Booth, Elam, Gardner, McCreary, McDuffie. Maybe Philly for one of their 1sts?

need to land Tomlinson, Cam Robinson, Armstead so we don't have to draft OL early again

Date: February 08, 2022 07:32AM

Perhaps - I'm honestly not football smart enough to know what's possible in discrete areas of development. My understanding is that Kittle is an absolute beast in run blocking and in the passing game and that elite-ness both/and is what makes him so special. For Gesicki to approach that, they'd have to unlock some serious improvement in the run blocking area. I'd love it if they could, obviously.

Date: February 08, 2022 12:05PM

Damn just thinking if I am McDaniel I push for signing Tomlinson and/or Cam Robinson, Braxton Berrios and Jauan Jennings

Trade Howard for a 1st and 3rd

and spend the first 3 picks on

Treylon Burks Christian Watson and Kenneth Walker or Breece Hall

RB Johnson, Lindsay, Gaskin Hall or Walker

Waddle, Jennings, Berrios, Burks & Watson Hollins

Gesicki Long

Could implement a 3 headed Deebo like offense with Waddle, Burks and Watson

Check their tape

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2022 01:13PM by jlyell13.

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: February 08, 2022 02:52PM

A couple of years of stability?

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 09, 2022 03:48AM

Resign Ogbah, Duke, Hollins, Needham

Sign & Trade Gesicki (JAX perfect for Lawrence) other TEs can replace his numbers

Trade - Parker & Rowe - DAL and BAL need a veteran safety

Cut - Davis Butler Carter Hurns Fejed... 20+mil in pot

Sign - OL Armstead, Tomlinson - Jackson Dieter Kindly provide depth

Sign - WR Mike Williams RB Penny QB Trubisky

Do not trade Howard and Jones. Improve LBs and they will be even better.

Draft/ trade Gesicki to JAX for a 3, Parker and Rowe for 5s

1 Lloyd LB UT Some say he is dropping good 4 us
2 Jones DL0 UCONN D lost too much when Davis was out
3 West C AZ ST
3 Chanel ILB WI Stops rbs cold, what we need
4 Goodson RB IA Speed and good hands
4 Turner WR VTK Pick best WR available here
5 Bolden S MIA
5 Krull TE PITT Good TE will be here Woods VA good 2
5 Agude OLB UCLA Best Edge Here
6 Perry QB BROWN No longer a secret after Shrine game
7 Blades CB UMIA

Solidifies the defensive triangle and get a solid center. WR, TE
and pass catching RB for Tua and McDaniel. Oline will improve thru free agency and better coaching. Jackson, Dieter and Eichenberg come from solid college programs. These guys had solid college careers Im sure they will improve w/ a good OL coach. We had 4 OL coaches in 3 years no stability there.

Date: February 09, 2022 04:12AM

Miz....I 100% agree DO NOT TRADE HOWARD or Jones. Literally the heartbeat of this defense in thier primes.

But Disagree on trading Giesicki. He's a playmaker and can be a great player to build off of as you rebuild the offense.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: February 09, 2022 06:30AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> But Disagree on trading Giesicki. He's a
> playmaker and can be a great player to build off
> of as you rebuild the offense.

Are you looking at Gesicki as a TE operating in an offense much like Kittle in SF and potentially having similar receiving numbers? In 2021, Kittle did more with fewer targets than Gesicki which is obviously a good thing when trying to project him into an offense architected by McDaniel.

However, my understanding is that Kittle's performance in the run game (in addition to his receiving) is a huge component of SF's overall offensive success. Having one player in that position who can be so impactful in both elements is what makes him such a great part of the offense.

I have a lot of hope that we'll have a much more effective running game that supports our passing game and overall offensive success. While I don't think TE is the most critical element of that, I do think that it's a pretty big part of the mix.

All that said, you might be thinking of him as more of a big-bodied receiver and not really fulfilling that Kittle role and us taking advantage of his playmaking that way.

Date: February 09, 2022 06:40AM

I think Giesicki is a Huge threat in the red zone. Throw it up to the corner or even the sidelines in a 2 minute offense.

Also......this new Coach doesn't seem to be the Philbin style , smashing a square block into a round hole type coach. I wouldn't base everything he does on what he did in SF. He's super aware of what players can do and thier strengths and I think he will adapt a offense around them.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 09, 2022 07:53AM

I like Gesicki but don't want to put that much money in the TE position. Today's nfl is a TE's paradise. Spread offense & zone defenses TE's can overmuch DBs w/ size and power and lbs w/ speed find their spot and collect the ball. Gesicki imo is just not irreplaceable.

Date: February 09, 2022 09:00AM

Hes a rarity on a terrible offense. He makes play after play with terrible play calling , no Oline , average QB play. Imagine him in an imaginative offense with competent players ?

IMO .....people complain about missed draft picks, when you hit on a few you need to keep em.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: February 10, 2022 05:57AM

I agree that we shouldn't expect a copy/paste of the SF offense or anything. It may be that they choose to use the franchise tag on Mike G to buy them a year to see how he performs in the offense.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.