Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          STILL talk about a Watson trade..........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
STILL talk about a Watson trade..........
Date: August 28, 2021 07:06AM

Cant believe its still going on , but they say a trade is imminent. By Tuesday and The two finalists are believed to be the Panthers and the Dolphins.

Could that be the reason TUA is sitting out this weekend? eye rolling smiley

Could be a trade based on Watsons play over the next 3 seasons . If it happens, it would turn things upside down for whichever team gets Watson.

No team could be considering this and be as cool calm and collected as Miami is right now....so I think its preseason hype. But seeing how good our defense is looking imagine this offense with Deshawn? seriously just a few Olineman away from a hard run at the big dance.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: STILL talk about a Watson trade..........
Date: August 28, 2021 05:29PM

This hour:

Armando Salguero

·

NEW…Deshaun Watson wants trade to Miami, but will accept Carolina:

We are his #1 destination....that in of itself shows Miami I'd desirable again.....

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 29, 2021 03:39AM

We got our bags packed and ready to roll. Let's roll with Tua. I would have taken Watson 3 months ago but before week 1 of the season, I don't think so. Starting qb's always sit the last preseason game, no fire there.

Date: August 29, 2021 03:47AM

I agree. I m not saying do this...But waiting until now could be the only way to make it reasonable. We have a capable QB in Brissett to handle the reins until DeShawn got up to speed. I'm not saying we should.....but it could happen. Makes the most sense for the Texans also. TUA and a few picks to rebuild around him.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 29, 2021 06:08AM

NO.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: August 29, 2021 06:13AM

The reports are that the Texans aren't the least bit interested in Tua as part of the trade, that could change.
Right now, Watson is #4 QB on their depth chart. Nobody goes into the season carrying 4 QBs so, the pressure is on them.
Meanwhile, If Flores was completely sold on Tua all this speculation would go away.

Date: August 29, 2021 10:11AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Meanwhile, If Flores was completely sold on Tua
> all this speculation would go away.

EXACTLY!! Thats my only point. I believe something might be afoot. Probably not.....but something is up or they would put a really quick end to it all.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 29, 2021 03:42PM

This from today........

Coach Flores on the Tua/Watson trade...

“I am very confident in Tua,” Flores said, via Joe Schad of the Palm Beach Post. “He has done a lot of good things. He has played well. My conversations with a player are going to remain between me and that player.”

Flores was asked later in the press conference if the team has interest in Watson and said he is “interested in the players that are on our team.” Watson is not one of those players at the moment, which leaves Tagovailoa as the man leading the offense into Week One’s game against the Patriots.

Holy shit!! He could have easily put that to rest. "Not one of our players.......AT THE MOMENT "!?

At the moment? The phone line is burning.....no doubt. It's being discussed for sure.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2021 03:44PM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: August 30, 2021 03:24AM

The Dolphins are absolutely working on this deal with the Texans. There is obviously holdups with compensation — they want three first round picks, plus. It’s not going to happen while (Watson) has an uncertain legal future. The Dolphins have to make sure that they have contingencies in the event that these legal issues become a serious problem. But I do think there’s a legitimate possibility that the Dolphins will acquire one of the best players in the NFL in Deshaun Watson,” — NFL agent Drew Rosenhaus via Josh Moser of WVSN 7 News......

From what I've heard Miami is offering the 3 #1s however it's contingent on Watson being cleared of all charges. If he's not and can't play the trade is null & void.

The Texans don't want the risk. Miami is offering the 2 #1s in 2023 clear now and we take all the risk.

Texans say they will just pay Watson the 10 million to sit in 2021.

Interesting to see all this just 2 weeks before the season starts. It's crazy .....

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 30, 2021 03:26AM

The big thing is Watson holds all the cards. He's refused to go to Philadelphia. He wants Miami as his #1 destination.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: August 30, 2021 08:35AM

With Sinnett's decent play could we see Brissett Parker and and picks go for for Watson?

Watson just stated that he expects to be moved before the season starts and the Dolphins are his choice

Lights a fire under Tua to show he is the franchise this season, and if so, he or Watson future huge trade value ??

High risk and reward

Date: August 30, 2021 09:37AM

I don't think this happens without Tua.
I definitely think Flores is smart enough not to have 2 starters fighting it out in the locker room. It will lead players being divided . Nothing good will from it.

If we take Watson ....TUA is gone. Pretty sure the Texans don't believe in TUA or the deal would have been done.

Again I'm not for this ,or against it, I just can't believe it's going on do close to the reg. Season.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: August 30, 2021 01:24PM

Evidently the Texans are pretty firm on their asking price of 3 1st rounders. It all boils down to how willing are they to pay 10.5 million to have him sit. That just seems like a bad business move for a team that's in a rebuild mode. That franchise is a mess.

Date: August 30, 2021 02:55PM

From what I've read.....The Texans will cut off thier nose to spite thier face.
It's part of the reason Watson wants out so badly. He wants to win championships not play games with people. But he's got 23 Cases pending. Not 1 or 2. But almost 2 dozen!! All felonies. Probably alot of bullshit but you don't invest 3 first rounders in that.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: August 31, 2021 06:07AM

I don't know how you meet an asking price of 3 1st rounders+ without clarity on his availability. That said, I don't really blame the Phins for not cutting off the media chatter 100% right now.

My guess is:
- either the price is dramatically lower than what's been floating publicly for some time now (and I mean fire sale) or
- they're keeping it a bit warm in preparation for after the 2021 season, should things not go as well as they hope they will. Why somewhat publicly (i.e. not publicly completely shutting it down)? My guess is to keep the pressure on players (obv. specifically Tua) this season.

I have a lot of optimism about Tua being the long-term guy, but he hasn't earned the right to be anywhere near untouchable - even if it's unfair, perhaps, to have things heat up to this extent 9 games into his career.

Date: August 31, 2021 06:15AM

All great points above Tamper!

Not fair to TUA absolutely agreed.
But hes not here long enough or done enough to get our 100% loyalty. Dolphins fans have been through alot. We are trying to create something special here and this might be the missing piece. .....Or not?

This is way more exciting then any draft I can remember!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: August 31, 2021 06:31AM

Phins and Watson have the leverage

Tua, Eichennberg or Kindley and a first?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2021 06:32AM by jlyell13.

Date: August 31, 2021 06:47AM

We have 2 first rounders in 2023. I could see one of those and 1 in 22'. IF he plays a certain amount of games.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 31, 2021 07:18AM

NO. It wont happen.

Date: August 31, 2021 04:36PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NO. It wont happen.

I was pretty sure No also.....but now that you said absolutely no.....I hope TUA likes Tex Mex .eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 01, 2021 02:43AM

You in lovewith watson now arent you. You didnt want him coming out ofcollege....No eye for college talent whatsoever.

Date: September 01, 2021 02:51AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:

samsam3738 Wrote:
--------------------------------------------------
-----
NO. It wont happen.

I was pretty sure No also.....but now that you
said absolutely no.....I hope TUA likes Tex Mex

Like you know everything...You are the almighting genious....Proof ofhow mighty you are is....Watson and ljackson are superstars and you didnt want anything to do with themcoming out of college. Because all you wanted was BIG FAT OLINEMEN.You been preaching for the phins to draft big fat oline men in the first round for the last 8 years.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2021 02:54AM by samsam3738.

Date: September 01, 2021 04:42AM

Nope. I just know your a moron and it's a pretty safe bet to rule against whatever you say. drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 01, 2021 09:37AM

And you are a dmb@SS Who thinks knows it all.

Just wait till the wet firecracker loses out of playoffs. Tennesee will have him shipped out just like we did..>>IT HURT DIDNT IT...BECAUSE HE STUNK..

THEN ILL HAVE YOUR CC BUTT CLIMBING UP THE WALLS JUST LIKE LAST YEAR.

YOU MYHO. O OWN YOU.

QUESTION????? TO YOU

Why you think the dolphins got rid of that pest tannehill???

NOW TRY AND COME UP WITH A GOOD TWIST ON THAT ONE....LOL

Date: September 01, 2021 11:39AM

Sam.
We are Dolphins fans.
Your losing it.

drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 02, 2021 07:55AM

Ok....S_P_I_D_E_R_M_A_N.

Date: September 02, 2021 09:58AM

Why are you yelling? drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 02, 2021 10:08AM

Im not yelling....

I see you couldnt come up with the answer to my question.

Why do you think the phins threw tannehill to the curve and let him go?

Come on, i want to hear a twist on your part.

You can do it! Throw another curve on your part....Which by the way are not strikes....They are all balls out the strike zone.

Date: September 02, 2021 10:25AM

Why? Because of silly uneducated fans like yourself. Flores came here and regrettably made the wrong decision to let him go instead of restructuring his contract and building around him.

Instead of getting him that oline he never had, the running back he never had, and our current defense they traded him.

And He proved you, Flores and everyone that blamed him for bad delicious, distractions, draft picks WRONG.

You said he would never start again.

How was that prediction Sam?

Answer that. YOU WERE WRONG. Tannehill is a top ten QB and not only stating he leads the NFL and made the playoffs deep....DEEP....twice.

Oh. And Miami won 3 superbowls as well and line are just stupid fat guys .....we can pick them in any round.

Your a moron and stop pretending your not.

Lol. drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 02, 2021 10:35AM

Thats not even a ball. Thats a stupid wild pitch.

Now you are in flores case because he let go off the wet firecracker.

Id like to think that flores knows more than a dumb@$$$$$ like you.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.