Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Is Chris Grier drafting for his job this year?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Is Chris Grier drafting for his job this year?
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: April 26, 2021 08:18AM

I would think so.
So far as the team's GM, he's botched all of his first round picks. Bad moves like that are hard to recover from, and set back the success timeline of a franchise for years.
I think last year's debacle of picking Tua over Hebert, has Grier digging out of a deep hole.
As Herbert keeps improving, and Tua proves to be an over-hyped back-up, the writing will become more visible on the wall that Grier's GM stint will end sooner than later.

I really hope I'm dead wrong. I'll gladly eat my words if Grier drafts Fields or Lance if they're there at 6.
I would be completely blown away, and stoked to have a legit QB competition, and finally address seriously the most important position on the field.

Based on everything I've seen from Grier up to now, he'll take what he considers the SAFE pick(OL BPA), or an over-hyped pick (D.Smith).

Please get the QB position right, because none of the other picks/moves matter unless you're set at QB!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Chris Grier drafting for his job this year?
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 26, 2021 08:20AM

We havent been set at qb since marino.

About 30 scrubs have gone by since he retired.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: April 26, 2021 09:14AM

Even though it's never been publicly admitted there have been enough comments by those whose job it is to sift through the rumors and leaks to suggest that Tua was Steven Ross's pick more than anyone however, not insisting on legit competition for Tua is squarely on Flores.
Let's see how the draft and the season play out. If we make the play-offs then everybody smells like a first date bouquet of roses. If it's more of the same then I'm searching Ebay for torches and pitchforks.

Date: April 26, 2021 09:18AM

Lol. So true hooligan

Date: April 26, 2021 09:22AM

They need to give him some competetion at the qb position. He needs to feel the heat that he is getting pushed. So he can try harder. There is a difference from not knowing to knowing you are the starter from day one at minicamp.

Date: April 26, 2021 10:50AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Even though it's never been publicly admitted
> there have been enough comments by those whose job
> it is to sift through the rumors and leaks to
> suggest that Tua was Steven Ross's pick more than
> anyone however, not insisting on legit competition
> for Tua is squarely on Flores.
> Let's see how the draft and the season play out.
> If we make the play-offs then everybody smells
> like a first date bouquet of roses. If it's more
> of the same then I'm searching Ebay for torches
> and pitchforks.

Hey Jacoby Brissett has a superbowl ring!!When was the last time a Miami QB could say that!? Lol.....grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 26, 2021 11:02AM

Brisset is better than any miami qb that has been after dan the man.

Scrub After scrub after marino. Dont know whos worse.

The wet firecracker or Mr Feely.

Date: April 26, 2021 01:00PM

1a.jamar chase
1b. Najee harris or travis ettienne
2a. Best OT
2b.Best oline money can buy
3a.wr
4a and so forth concentrate on best available player at that spot. Need safety corner and lb for depth...maybe also in the later rounds a qb project to compete with tua.

Anything will happen. All up until today its
All speculation. Smokescreen. Nobody knows not even the so called experts wsnna be on tv.

Almost every yeam is playing poker...trading up and down trying to get the best deal possible.

We will soon find out the truth on thursday friday and saturday.

We might have the qb of the future in our hands. He is healthy once again and will have a full offseason and preseason under jis belt. Last year we had one of the worst receiving corps in the nfl. All we had was gesicky and an often injured parker. Id like to see what tua can do with a good rb and a couple deep threats. Same oline who will be a year older stronger and more polished.

Tua had one of the best deep balls in college. That will translate into the pros. He did throw a few deep passes last year that were dropped by the likes of those great receivers we had. Jakeem grant was one of them. Great speed but stone hands.

This 2021 and 2022 drafts are crucial in the development of a dolphins future plaoff hopes.

Will see what happens starting thursday.

They better not mess up this draft or else some heads will roll.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: April 26, 2021 02:11PM

Hey Jacoby Brissett has a superbowl ring!!When was the last time a Miami QB could say that!? Lol. grinning smiley

Eh,, those SB rings are a dime a dozen, even Chad Henne and Matt Moore have them. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 29, 2021 12:16PM

Having seen the impact of Kelsey and Kittle dropping out of 3 and losing Pitts may cost him , especially if Chase goes at 5

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: April 29, 2021 04:24PM

GM should draft for his job every year?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.