HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Patsies
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Patsies
Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: June 01, 2009 10:19AM

Anyone see where the Patsies and Bellicheat are considered the #1 sports franchise? That is until we kick the cheating a---- this year.
Comcast had the blog on it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Patsies
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: June 01, 2009 10:41AM

love the yankees or hate them, how can the Patriots be ranked ahead of them. Seriously now. The team wins and makes a ton of money in the process. Isn't that what its all about?!!?!

Date: June 01, 2009 12:17PM

Mike, I couldn't agree with you more.thumbs up

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: June 01, 2009 01:49PM

Yankees, Celtics, Steelers, Dolphins (of course): there are a ton of other franchises I'd put ahead of NE.

Posted by: miamid45 ()
Date: June 01, 2009 04:33PM

As much as I hate the Pats....how can you say we're a better franchise than the Pats? I mean, we play a portion of our games on a lousy baseball dirt field? AND sadly, we haven't won a Super Bowl in over 30 years! Until, things like this change, you have to realistically place us behind the Pats.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: June 01, 2009 05:07PM

As much as I hate them, over the last decade they have been the best. Hopefully, the next decade is ours.

Date: June 01, 2009 05:47PM

miamid45 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As much as I hate the Pats....how can you say
> we're a better franchise than the Pats? I mean,
> we play a portion of our games on a lousy baseball
> dirt field? AND sadly, we haven't won a Super
> Bowl in over 30 years! Until, things like this
> change, you have to realistically place us behind
> the Pats.

I didn't see the article, so I wasn't sure if it was NOW, in the past decade, or since the beginning of the franchise. We're better than NE if you take into account our history. We were the "winningest" team in Pro sports for quite some time. We have the only TRUE unbeating season. We have more Hall of Famers than NE. etc.. etc..

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: June 02, 2009 08:14AM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: June 02, 2009 10:38AM

This is starting to vear from "Dolphin" talk, watch out...it might be closed!

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: June 02, 2009 01:28PM

The title alone isnt dolphin talk. Its cheatriot talk.

Date: June 02, 2009 07:43PM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: June 03, 2009 04:40AM

Patsies are getting OLD and we are a young team. Their LB'ers are old. Their O-line is old. Matt Light is 31. Stephen Neal 33. Kaczur 30. Dan Koppen is 30. Brady is going to be 32 in August and that same line got him hurt last year. Randy Moss is already 32. If he goes down, Galloway is 38.

They don't really have a franchise RB. (Fred Taylor is 33). Richard Seymour is 30. Wilford and Warren are 28. Adalius Thomas will be 32. Bruschi is 36.

Their secondary is the only area in good shape for the future.

Basically...the end is near for the Patriots. If they lose Brady or Moss, they are done this year. The luck of turning late round QB's into franchise players is running out. The odds are against them with Kevin O'Connel and Gutierrez even turning into starters.

Brady could play for 5 more years if he stays healthy but that is unlikely since NE ranked 5th worst in sacks allowed while giving up 48. They reached for a tackle Sebastion Valmer in the 2nd round and did not address a glaring need. BB is getting too cocky. Moss only has a couple more left before his legs go and he loses his speed.

The Dolphins are a more complete team and do not rely on one specific player....and we are getting deeper every year.

The Patriots are only a few years away from being a "rebuilding team"...maybe even a few players away.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: June 03, 2009 03:53PM

ive been saying that to all the miami haters all year, and to you guy, looks we are going to own this year, our defense has leaped BOUNDARIES PAST what was last year, forget the jets defense, teams better fear our's, and the last point i bet our offense will be the best in the league, way better than the pat's which im a firm believer in brady will get hurt again, agaisnt us this year, wake is going to own him.

Date: June 03, 2009 04:33PM

The Pats for the last 4 years have been the perfect example of a very good regular-season team who couldn't win the important games in the playoffs. How many other teams have there been like that (remember the Purple People Eaters? San Diego Chargers? etc..). How does that make them such a great franchise?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 03, 2009 04:36PM

8 years ago they wouldn't have been in the top 50. Its a bs article written by half assed patriots paid for by Godell an the CBS sports experience using Bellicheats home movies. Heck, most thought they would lose the first two SBs (probably wouldn't have gotten there had they not cheated), and when they had a chance to make a mark on history they C H O K E D!!!!

The sucktriots havn't won a SB in 4 years, meanwhile the steelers have won two. Obviously someone is smoking the Patriot pole.

If you consider just SB wins then its the Steelers in the NFL. But, before the mid 70s, the Steelers were perennially sucky and most would say Chicago.

Meanwhile the Phins had 4 strait mediocre years with 3 losing seasoms and that was the biggest dryspell in the history of the team. We are on course to start kicking major arse again....making those four years seem forgotten. Back to the winningist in pro sports.

Meanwhile the Oltriots are old, their coach can't coach if he can't cheat, and we all knw how willing Boston fans will be to go to the stadium in the middle o winter when their team is 4-8. But hey, at least they can still point the camera at the CBS bar.

Date: June 04, 2009 06:19AM

Date: June 04, 2009 06:53AM

Ghotirule, why don't you tell us how you really feel? I love it!!smileys with beer

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: June 04, 2009 01:40PM

ghotirule Wrote:

>
> The sucktriots havn't won a SB in 4 years,
> meanwhile the steelers have won two. Obviously
> someone is smoking the Patriot pole.
>

I know some people do not like when i express myself the way im about to express myself right about now but...................What the heck.......Here it goes..........

BWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ROTFLMAO.

Date: June 04, 2009 05:22PM

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: June 04, 2009 07:06PM

I love that they rose so high only to lose it in the last minute. Really, it couldn't have happened any better.

I agree with ghot - they cheated and choked.

Date: June 05, 2009 02:59AM

MikeO Wrote:
> montequi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The Pats for the last 4 years have been the
> > perfect example of a very good regular-season
> team
> > who couldn't win the important games in the
> > playoffs. How many other teams have there been
> > like that (remember the Purple People Eaters?
> San
> > Diego Chargers? etc..). How does that make
> them
> > such a great franchise?
>
>
> Easy there, lets not get CRAZZY......they did go
> 18-0 and break EVERY NFL offensive record until
> the Super Bowl which they did have the lead in
> until the final minute of the game. I wouldn't say
> they didn't win any important games 18-1 and a
> minute away from history is nothing to sneeze at.
> And if Eli and Tyree don't make some miracle play
> they pull out of their ass........they are 19-0
>
> I don't like them as a franchise, but give the
> devil their due!

One almost-perfect season does not make a franchise best ever!

Date: June 05, 2009 04:40AM

i didn't say they were the BEST EVER. I said you can't say they didn't win any important games in the last 4 years when they had an 18-1 season

READ!

Date: June 05, 2009 07:32AM

Who gives a damn about what some second rate coach for a third rate team said about the Cheaters?

Fact is, we are on everyone's radar. We are the reigning AFC East Champions. We've improved this offseason - in some ways quite obvious like JT and Pat White.

I don't think for a minute anyone in NE cares about what Rex Ryan spews - I mean his old man was a blowhard as well. We are the team to beat, and we will still be kicking Patriot butt.

Date: June 05, 2009 08:44AM

When Rex Ryan said..."you take out one of ours we will take out 2 of yours" to the patriots. He got their attention!!!! Trust me,he got their attention.

Date: June 05, 2009 11:19AM

Date: June 05, 2009 12:42PM

The greatest NFL franchise ever. Yeah Dallas is ahead of Miami. Sorry, gotta speak the truth. Not a knock on Miami but the number or rings, the amount of money they produce, and the success they have had over Miami can't be disputed.

And I don't defend the Pats. But when they go 18-1 a couple years ago and someone says they haven't won any important games in the last 4 years.....its just a dumb statement to make. You can't go 18-1 and not win a few important games.I mean come on.

Date: June 05, 2009 01:38PM

MikeO Wrote:
> i didn't say they were the BEST EVER. I said you
> can't say they didn't win any important games in
> the last 4 years when they had an 18-1 season
>
> READ!

They blew the MOST important game that season over stupidity. If they didn't focus so much on the perfect season, they would have rested their starters in the last 2 games of the season and, most likely, won the Superbowl. That's just plain stupidity!

Date: June 05, 2009 01:40PM

MikeO Wrote:
> The greatest NFL franchise ever. Yeah Dallas is
> ahead of Miami. Sorry, gotta speak the truth.

If it wasn't for the 90's, I'd say you were crazy. But Dallas does have more championships, so, yes, they're ahead of Miami. Pittsburgh is still ahead of everyone else, though.

Date: June 05, 2009 02:42PM

Date: June 05, 2009 02:48PM

The Greatest NFL Franchise EVER is the Miami Dolphins. If you don't believe that, then why are you here?

As for Dallas? What a Joke. Jerry Jones is a joke. They have made some of the worst personnel moves of any team, and it is only a matter of time before they implode. Admittedly, they get a lot of press but most of it these days has more to do with Jessica Simpson than football. And if you want to point to that run in the 90's well then you can just as easily call SF the "Greatest NFL Franchise" because they did arguably better over the same time frame.

And Pittsburgh? Yea they have been good for the past 33 years. But they went through decades of thoroughly sucking. Yes, they have the most SBs, but not the most championships. That goes to the Packers. So does that make the Packers the "Greatest NFL Franchise"?

Which brings me to the Dolphins. They are the "Greatest NFL Franchise". Why? Because they are the have the highest winning percentage in the NFL, and they have a perfect season. And they have looked damned good doing it. Aside from those 4 years of hell that ended with CamCam, this team has year in, year out been great to watch. Almost always have fielded lesser talent - even in 72 - yet they got it done with smarts and teamwork.

Miami is the Greatest NFL Franchise. No debate. If you want to argue that, then you should do it on a Pittsburgh or Dallas website, not here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2009 02:55PM by ghotirule.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.