HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Question to mr tua t.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Question to mr tua t.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 05, 2021 10:07AM

Still think the nfl is easy?

I will be waiting for your answer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question to mr tua t.
Date: January 05, 2021 11:11AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Still think the nfl is easy?
>
> I will be waiting for your answer.

Can I answer for him.? I heard he's a little busy right now...

"Tua The complete opposite of every other qb weve had in the last 20 years."

Posted by: samsam3738
Date: November 17, 2020 05:41AM

He is got balls to throw the football. He dont wait 7 seconds in the pocket until he gets sacked. He is intelligent, he has pocket awareness. Has accuracy which is his best asset...Not the greatest arm but not the worst either. Ive seen him throw the football with some sip especially in the run.

We haven't had a QB like Tua since Dan Marino retired. All we've had is scrubs after scrubs.

We are finnally turning the curve at the right moment.

We have the perfect coach and players to compliment each other.

This team is on the rise and next year we will get even better when we draft the best RB money can buy...Hopefully Etienne..

Got the texans pick in the first round and they are losing left to right.

Overall we will be a dominating team in the near future.

Knock on wood and let everybody stay healthy if you know what i mean.

Nov 17th. Geez what changed so much in 35 days Sam?eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 05, 2021 12:41PM

Why dont you go back and bring back the post when i didnt want to draft tua...

But some ckucklehead drafted him and i will support every phins player...until the 6th or 7th year of stnking you know like the wet firecracker.

Date: January 05, 2021 12:44PM

Or why dont you bring back the post of when i said i wanted to draft lamar jackson.....and you refused to knowle his talent coming out of college...i can bring them back....but wont waste my time. Im not infatuated with you like you are with me.

Date: January 05, 2021 07:29PM

I thought you were addressing TUA not me?grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 06, 2021 03:58AM

Yea first post was about tua...the you replied with se ond post and made it about me...dont start something you cant handle.

Date: January 06, 2021 11:40AM

But I thought you said TUA was different then any other QB we had?

Lol. You said we were elite, just a few pieces short of the superbowl?

grinning smiley. Man. Id love to play you in a game of Domino's.......you can't be this bad with everything. eye popping smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 06, 2021 12:17PM

I still think tia is going to be great. He is a member of the phins and deserves the benefit of the doubt. Im always going to support every phins player...probably until his 6th or 7th year....then if he becomes a bust after the 6th or 7th year i will body slam him like i did tanehill the wetfirecracker and want his butt out of here.

Date: January 06, 2021 12:26PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> I still think tia is going to be great. He is a
> member of the phins and deserves the benefit of
> the doubt. Im always going to support every phins
> player...probably until his 6th or 7th
> year....then if he becomes a bust after the 6th or
> 7th year i will body slam him like i did tanehill
> the wetfirecracker and want his butt out of here.

Really? Wow. OK.

but you just posted this 3 days ago?

Re: Do any of you have the GUTS to admit you were WRONG?
Posted by: samsam3738
Date: January 03, 2021 11:21AM

Dolphins need to draft justin fields with the first pick and the best receiver available with the second pick in the first round....that is if the jets dont pick justin fields first.

eye rolling smiley Hmmmmmmmmm. Thats not very doubt benefiting of you bro. Just sayin........

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 06, 2021 12:29PM

Montana and young were on the same team.....tua needs some healthy competetion.

Date: January 06, 2021 12:37PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Montana and young were on the same team.....tua
> needs some healthy competetion.

Not if the Oline doesn't keep him Healthy. grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 08, 2021 06:02PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> I still think tia is going to be great.

Samsam I've never met your Tia but I'll bet she is already great!

Date: January 09, 2021 04:17PM

Jc i got a few tias...they all great yes....and old as $h1t too...lmao...love them all. Thankfully they are all alive.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 10, 2021 08:02PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Jc i got a few tias...they all great yes....and
> old as $h1t too...lmao...love them all. Thankfully
> they are all alive.

That is awesome. Best of health to them and all your family!

Date: January 11, 2021 03:04AM

Thank you.

Date: January 11, 2021 03:05AM

To yours too.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 17, 2021 03:34PM

Watson will force a trade Phins and Niners most likely. offer
them 3 and Tua, No mas

If they don't take it build with Tua

Sewell

Etienne Harris Waddle or Bateman

Jevonte Williams Kedarious Toney , Terrace marshall, Marquez Stevenson

Chazz Surratt or Hamsah nasrildeen

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 17, 2021 06:39PM

I think Tua would have looked better than he did if he had some support on offense. Herbert on the other hand wouldn't have looked as good as he did if he had Miami's receivers and RB's.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 18, 2021 01:41AM

I'm certainly in agreement that the tools Tua had at his disposal at offensive skill positions were subpar overall.

Barry Jackson specifically outlined the idea of Tua's and Fitz's tight window throw percentages (2nd & 3rd highest in the league), also noting that Mahomes' & Wilson's were tied for the lowest. He then noted that Parker (prior to his injury) and Gisicki had the lowest/worst separation rate among WR and TE respectively. He was clearly making the points in that article to:
- refute that Tua is unwilling to take chances
- argue that the receivers need to get better separation in support of a better overall passing game

I think those points (especially the 2nd) are valid as stand-alone. Who wouldn't want more receiver separation leading to less tight window throws?

That said, I think it's much more complex & nuanced than just getting receivers who can separate better. For instance, how much of Mahomes & Wilson's low tight-window rate is attributable to:
- overall offensive design
- offensive playcalling
- QB and receivers having familiarity with one another
- continuity at OC (Wilson's was let go after a couple years...but Allen's in BUF has been consistent and praised for his development)
- offensive line's ability to protect
- QB's ability to buy/make time
- pressure on defense to cover the whole field because Wilson & Mahomes can make them pay for lapse in coverage anywhere
- impact of an effective running game on opening passing lanes

I'm sure there are more factors that I haven't included, and I'm relatively sure that all of these impact receiver separation/tight window throws to some degree or another and are interrelated with one another. My point is that it all has to work together to produce the ideal result.

It has been interesting to watch KC, for instance, where their receivers are considered among the best and are comprised of a 3rd round TE and the only 1st rounder among the WR came to them as his 3rd team and took a pay cut to stay with them. Romo mentions their OL is a #1 overall plus a bunch of 7th round/undrafteds. In Buffalo, their offense leaps into elite as their QB and OC have their 3rd season together and inject the talent of a 5th round receiver who made hay in MIN and became the leading WR for 2020.

What does it mean for us?:
- really important to get the right OC who - if right - will hopefully provide some stability at that position
- need to determine what we're gonna do with the Watson possibility - if part of the overall success is blending the right talent with one another, it makes sense to know who you're building around. If it drags out, it could negatively impact our ability to work towards building the right solution.
- irrespective of who our QB is in 2021, I do believe we need a pretty significant upgrade in talent at offensive skill positions. I don't have a strong idea of who or where they should come from at this point.

Date: January 18, 2021 04:21AM

Tamper wrote:

What does it mean for us?:
- really important to get the right OC who - if right - will hopefully provide some stability at that position.

YES. Thats everything. Thats why Tannehill failed here. Did great elsewhere. We need a solid coach and offensive scheme with players able to make it successful.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 18, 2021 04:34AM

There's no such thing as stability at the assistant coaching level. As soon as you have some success your assistants are targeted by other teams for their HC poswitions. You need stability at HC and preferably QB. Look at Buffalo, their OC used to be in Miami but, couldn't do anything with Tannehill and now he's being talked about as the next HC for the Chargers and Herbert. That will be a team to watch over the next few seasons.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 18, 2021 05:08AM

By "some stability" I meant a few years as, you are correct, the best coordinators tend to be promoted to HC after proving themselves at the coordinator level. Eric Bieniemy and Brian Daboll were kind of what I had in mind there with both having become OC of their teams in 2018 and both being mentioned to move up.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 29, 2021 09:11AM

Food for thought:

Tua has the second lowest TD/INT ratio for a rookie in league history (10-2). He also has the lowest INT percentage at 0.9% in history with at least 200+ pass attempts. He is also one of only four QB's since 1950 with a .750+ winning percentage and an interception percentage below 2.0% in the same season.

Date: January 29, 2021 09:19AM

Tannehill had good stats too. Doesnt mean a thing. He couldnt win when it matter just like with tennessee.

Give me some crunch time wins and i will believe in tua.

Date: January 29, 2021 09:21AM

I will support him though. For as long as he is a member of the team or until he shows me he has nothing left like tannehill.

Date: March 02, 2021 07:50AM

Jets defensive tackle Quinnen Williams said this of his old college QB TUA :

“I think (Tagovailoa will) be an amazing quarterback, man. He’s an amazing leader. Great arm, great player, great leader, just a great teammate in general, man, and I just think, just like me, some guys need more time than other guys to become that player that everybody know they can be in the NFL,” said Williams."

"He probably struggled a little bit his first year, man, but I’m pretty sure he’s not going to struggle his second year just due to the learning and experience that he had getting a chance to be on the field his first year, and the things he did wrong his first year he won’t let hisself do wrong again his second year. It’s just how we built at Alabama.”

I'm telling you. TUA is gonna be a beast next season. Especially with some help. thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: March 02, 2021 08:10AM

He had no weapons at all this year. Our receiving corps was the worst in the nfl.

Date: March 02, 2021 08:24AM

Also for the people that say he has a weak arm.....Actually i saw him throw some passes on one leg with some zip on them.

He is far from having a weak arm. Plus he is going to get stronger in the weight room if he is dedicated i believe he is only like 24 years of age.

Date: March 02, 2021 11:52AM

Cant post them here......but they have pictures of him running on the beach in Hawaii and doing those sprints with rubberbands, He is definitely not sitting on his arse getting fat. He's got a full time trainer and nutritionist/chef. All coming out of his signing bonus.

The one thing his highschool coach said his greatest quality is accepting his weak areas and working on them to they are no longer an issue. Almost to obsession.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: March 02, 2021 12:31PM

All these guys coming out of college are good athletes but the ones that get to the next level are the dedicated ones.

A lot of athletes dont give it their all once they get the big contracts.

I think tua will be a great qb if he so desires.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.