HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Imagine this offense
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Imagine this offense
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 29, 2020 09:19AM

Rbs
Starter ettiene...bacups gaskin and ahmed...3 way headache for opposing defenses.

Receiver
Mid parker
Deep threat waddle
Slot a healthy grant.

The oline we currently have are going to be a year older and better.

Qb tua t.

Starting tighend gesicky.

Tell me that wouldnt be a dominant offense...

Then we can compete with kansas city and buffalo.

Until then....iam not mad at our current situation. Although we have way too many injured players to even have a chance in the playoffs against the better teams.

But iam not mad even if we end up 10-6 and dont make playoffs because i had no expectations to even have a winning record.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Imagine this offense
Date: December 29, 2020 09:27AM

I think we can get in at 10-6 though. If either texans colts or cleveland lose.

Just one of them needs to lose and we make plaoffs at 10-6 i believe.

Date: December 29, 2020 10:10AM

Man you still don't get it.

"Sewell has excellent get-off at the line of scrimmage as a run blocker, and he carries charged momentum into his first block. Additionally, Sewell has otherworldly balance amidst contact. Some linemen take themselves out of plays if they can’t control their body, but Sewell is controlled and calculated with how he directs his frame.

Lots of Sewell’s eye-catching run blocking traits also display themselves in the passing game. Just as Sewell carries exceptional balance as a run blocker, his center of gravity is stable as a pass blocker as well. Sewell plays with stellar leverage, and his fast and powerful hands allow him to neutralize blockers on the outside."

Next to QB #1 offensive position

Offensive Tackle

Here are the guys up front protecting your most valuable asset from the edge rushers. Nowadays it’s not just the blind side; the right tackle position is just as valuable in today’s NFL because of the athleticism coming from both edges on defense. Offensive tackles can really make or break an offense. You look at successful teams like the Patriots and Saints, who invest resources in offensive tackles through free agency and the draft. Then you look at the teams who have struggled to produce anything on offense, like the Giants and the Cardinals, and a swinging door would be more effective than their offensive tackles.

The Trenches. Its the only reason we are even looking at the playoffs this season.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 29, 2020 11:21AM

I'd try to replace Grant via the draft in the full time offense and relegate him to kick returns if possible. I just don't trust his hands anymore.

Date: December 29, 2020 11:50AM

Oh Definitely 2-3 receiver's this off season for sure. Wilson should be back and can replace Grant. We have 2 #1's. After Sewell if hes available definitely the best receiver available. Then address the Running back with one of the #2's.

If Sewell gets taken by the Jets , Then we rape a team desperate for a QB. Probably get another #1 for next year again.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 29, 2020 01:54PM

Nope. Receiver and running back in the first. Get a clue tcpf....tua had time against the raiders but receivers just didnt get open....

Who do you want the same scrub receivers we had in the past...come on get a clue.

Date: December 29, 2020 02:02PM

How many times was Tua sacked? 4 times. The best receiver in the NFL .....add a second to him and he wont solve that.

You give him time for his rookie eyes to develop see the field he will hit any receiver. And I'm not against a receiver in the first round just not #2 when The Best Lineman to walk the planet might be up for grabs.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 29, 2020 04:28PM

Still waiting brother.

TUA sacked 4 times last week. Average of 3 per game. How does that problem get solved by picking a receiver?

Guarantee EVERY receiver we have is instantly better with a guard like Sewell. RB's as well.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 30, 2020 06:21AM

How does the problem get solved by picking an OLINE man..?

Until flores got to town we been picking Olineman for ever and it wasnt solved.

Now we finnaly have a good Oline.

How we been doing it hasnt worked for years....

We need to pick superstar receivers and rbs to get to the next level.....Thats what we are lacking right now.

Date: December 30, 2020 04:26PM

How can you say we have a good oline? Its not the worst in the NFL anymore true.....but its far from good. We picked bad Prospects. Its like saying why are you wanting a New QB? We been picking one for years and it hasn't worked. Your logic is screwed up with you trying to rationalize what you want.

A Dominant lineman of Sewells caliber instantly makes the entire offense better. I'll repeat myself from my last post in another thread:

"What your not trying to understand is that a Lineman like Sewell instantly upgrades every position on the Oline. INSTANTLY not a few yrs down the road. This guy is Plug and play. AND he can dominate on both sides of the pocket. FOLLOW ME CLOSELY HERE SAM........

Many guards cant switch both sides and be effective. Like a boxer they have a dominant side they are just better at. Like a switch hitter...... Sewell Dominates anywhere on the line. We have a LEFTY QB. He can protect his blind side AND ......stay with me here Sam.........Can switch sides if he gets hurt . This guy will make any Running back like Gaskins , and receiver like Parker instantly better. He will open holes, stretch the field on running plays and pass protect like the elite ......ON DAY 1. Not a few yrs down the road.

Instant HUGE upgrade accross the board. Cant miss. This is the kind of players I totally back taking in the first round. Cant see the Jets passing on him unless they want to dump Sam Darnell."

A dominant receiver will always only be as good as his QB. And a QB and running back will always only be as good as his Oline.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 03, 2021 04:44PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Still waiting brother.
>
> TUA sacked 4 times last week. Average of 3 per
> game. How does that problem get solved by picking
> a receiver?
>
> Guarantee EVERY receiver we have is instantly
> better with a guard like Sewell. RB's as well.

RE: Every receiver we have RB's too is also instantly better with Waddle, Robinson and Harris/Ettienne on the field as well.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 03, 2021 05:36PM

Grant isn't a WR solution

Unless we are signing Aaron Jones or Allen Robinson

Need to come out of the draft with 3 of

Sewell or Parsons

Etienne , Harris or Jevonte Williams

Waddle, Smith, Bateman, Toney, Stevenson

Date: January 03, 2021 09:35PM

No doubt.

If Sewell is there....We grab him.

If Not we draft down collect additional picks to a QB hungry team.

We need to address the Oline / Running back/ receiver's with the first 4 picks. Then its Defense End/ safety or Linebacker. Add some depth in the off season as well.

#1 MIAMI agenda .......Numero Uno for us. The MOST important thing we need to address........

Wait for it.........

Because NOTHING ELSE works without it.......NOTHING........

A New Offensive coordinator. Someone who is going to be here for at least 3 seasons. We need to build consistency. Did you see how out of Sync TUA was on many plays? He needs a whole off season with a New HC. Someone who can train him , coach him , give him ways to succeed. No ones perfect. Identify his strengths and weaknesses. Get players that help him and what hes good at. Develop plays around them.

And you know who may be the best Offensive Coordinator available?

Adam Gase. Stay with me ............

Hes not head Coach material . Thats for sure.

But he loves that playbook. Take all that defensive stress off him because he really doesn't have a clue defensivley....... And he's a weirdo genius type Offensive guy. Hes a QB whisperer. He had Tannehill on a 7 game winning streak and helped make him the QB he is today.

Let him melt away into his Offensive playbook.....he is kooky guy for sure. But strip away all those other responsibilities a Head Coach has ....just leave him alone with his playbook....He will get the best out of TUA.

Either way a Ne OC in mandatory if we are to continue getting better.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.