1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I'm impressed with TUAs attitude....
I'm impressed with TUAs attitude....
Date: December 26, 2020 11:42PM

Be really easy to be pissed off after being benched . I've seen players kick rows of helmets and topple Gatorade buckets.

TUA said he completed understood why he was being benched and supported Ryan as best he could:

"It always feels good to win, first off,” Tagovailoa said. “I know outsiders are probably going to say, ‘Well, it wasn’t you in there that brought the win.’ Of course, it was Fitz and I think it was a great effort by not just him, but the entire offense. Just him understanding how to get in a groove and where to go quickly with the ball and whatnot; I think that’s what makes Fitz who he is and in a way, it really wasn’t as shocking tonight to see what had happened. They call him Fitzmagic for a reason.”

Rome wasn't built in a day. But I really like his team mentality.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Re: I'm impressed with TUAs attitude....
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 27, 2020 02:01AM

Yes, I also agree. Tua was tentative and he knew it. His receivers weren't open long enough, not enough distance between the receiver and the defender for him to feel comfortable to make the throws. In contrast, it was easy to spot the difference in experience between Fitzpatrick who knew he could throw in front of his receiver and they could catch the ball. This confidence comes from playing and being far away from a dominant college team playing against so-so college talent where there's 7' between players.

Tua is smart enough to realize he has lots to learn about the pace and design of NFL football and to minimize his knowledge of Alabama and SEC football. It was clearly humbling for him to see Fitzpatrick step in, step up and with the luck of the Irish, win that ball game.

The whole game, the outcome, is mind blowing. Inconceivable and improbable. With that said--I am thrilled on this early Sunday morning. How about you? hot smiley

Date: December 27, 2020 02:56AM

I havnt gone to sleep yet. Worked the Midnight shift and now day shift....so much overtime, seems like everyone is down here trying to escape the cold and whatever . That said...big smile on my face. I discussed the game with a few people getting breakfast and what not...even the non Dolphins fans seem impressed. They see a difference and all of them said.....imagine if "we get TUA help" the sky is the limit.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 27, 2020 05:55AM

Great attitude by both QB's. You can tell that Flores has a team first way of coaching and his players are all in with the same philosophy. This is a team that has really surprised me this season with all the team effort to win and there has been zero drama in the locker room, No diva's here to be found.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 27, 2020 06:47AM

Forget about the attitude, we need a football player.
Could you imagine Marino or Manning getting bench multiple times during their rookie season?
Flores has a potential mess on his hands if Tua starts next week and needs to be benched again. Only a solid win against Buffalo will silence the critics.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 27, 2020 01:48PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Forget about the attitude, we need a football
> player.
> Could you imagine Marino or Manning getting bench
> multiple times during their rookie season?
> Flores has a potential mess on his hands if Tua
> starts next week and needs to be benched again.
> Only a solid win against Buffalo will silence the
> critics.

Who gives a crap about the critics really, when the team is cohesive like this?

When the guys are being led as a true team as they are now, they probably don't care what is being said by "newspaper" columnists, talking heads on TV, or jock-sniffers on sports talk radio.

I think it is a potential problem next season if things don't change by then, but not now.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 27, 2020 03:00PM

JC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hooligan2 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Forget about the attitude, we need a football
> > player.
> > Could you imagine Marino or Manning getting
> bench
> > multiple times during their rookie season?
> > Flores has a potential mess on his hands if Tua
> > starts next week and needs to be benched again.
> > Only a solid win against Buffalo will silence
> the
> > critics.
>
>
> Who gives a crap about the critics really, when
> the team is cohesive like this?
>
> When the guys are being led as a true team as they
> are now, they probably don't care what is being
> said by "newspaper" columnists, talking heads on
> TV, or jock-sniffers on sports talk radio.
>
> I think it is a potential problem next season if
> things don't change by then, but not now.

I think next week is going to be a critical game for Tua. I agree with Hooligan that Tua needs a solid game without the "relief pitcher" having to come in for a third time. I know Flores wants this next win really bad but I don't think he'll hesitate to put Fitz back in again. In all honesty, I'm surprised Fitz got benched to begin with coming off a win halfway through the season.

I'm sure Tua has benefited from some play time but I don't think I've ever seen a rookie QB handled this way before. I'm pretty sure we all feel this scenario shouldn't go on into next season and if it does, that could be a potential problem as JC stated.

Quote from the Colonel:

"Tua was tentative and he knew it. His receivers weren't open long enough, not enough distance between the receiver and the defender for him to feel comfortable to make the throws. In contrast, it was easy to spot the difference in experience between Fitzpatrick who knew he could throw in front of his receiver and they could catch the ball. This confidence comes from playing and being far away from a dominant college team playing against so-so college talent where there's 7' between players.

Tua is smart enough to realize he has lots to learn about the pace and design of NFL football and to minimize his knowledge of Alabama and SEC football. It was clearly humbling for him to see Fitzpatrick step in, step up and with the luck of the Irish, win that ball game.

The whole game, the outcome, is mind blowing. Inconceivable and improbable. With that said--I am thrilled on this early Sunday morning. How about you?"

Well said Clonel. And yes, I'm still thrilled in the early evening. So much that I had to watch the highlights of that miracle again.

Date: December 27, 2020 09:29PM

Drew Breeze got benched a couple times. BRETT Farve as well. Aaron Rodgers sat for 6 yrs behind a Hall of famer as did Steve Young.

Relax. I think TUA is learning from every benching .

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: December 28, 2020 05:50AM

My only take is that Brian Flores has earned the right to not be second guessed by fans who don't have near the information that he does. I trust the guy that's taken what was described as the worst roster in NFL history and in one short year has them at 10 wins and on the precipice of a playoff berth. It looks like we have our franchise coach and so far, I trust his judgment.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.