HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Running Back Woes
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Running Back Woes
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 04, 2020 01:52AM

RB Myles Gaskin is out for several weeks and his absence leaves the team with Howard (who is a mistake) and Breida (who is used sparingly). Laird is also available and has very few touches. As a result, the Dolphins acquired DeAndre Washington from the Chiefs (but won't be able to play this Sunday because of COVID-19 rules).

So for the Dolphins next game, the running game will be a patchwork of players, probably Breida and Laird. Howard is probably a scratch again. I expect Tua to count on his TEs for more support in his game #2 start. We shall see....

Isaiah Ford was traded to the Patriots for a futuristic 7th round draft pick. Luckily, we have some bench strength at WR so the initial loss will not be too apparent.

The Dolphins need a first rate RB to create a respected running game, IMO.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Running Back Woes
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 04, 2020 07:12AM

I was surprised to see Ford get traded. I liked him. He was sure handed and had a knack for moving the chains. To be honest, I was thinking he should get more playing time at the expense of Preston Williams. The two drops by Williams are problematic. I hope it's an aberration and not an ongoing problem.

DeAndre Washington is an interesting pickup. I think he goes about 5" 8" and 210 lbs. He looks to be a slightly faster, heavier version of Gaskin. We shall see.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 05, 2020 12:02PM

DAMN. I hope he heals quickly.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 06, 2020 06:39AM

Wondering if this is the week when Jordan Howard takes advantage of a reboot opportunity. Stinks that Breida's also injured. Arizona has middle-of-the-pack rush D, but a good D overall per Football Outsiders ranking.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: November 08, 2020 05:45PM

Salvon Ahmed??
Not bad

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 16, 2020 04:23AM

jlyell13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Salvon Ahmed??
> Not bad

You got that right jlyell13.

He was fun to watch yesterday against the Chargers. Speedy and slippery. Reminded me of Thurman Thomas with Buffalo back in the 80's.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.