HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Bylaws
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Bylaws
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: June 02, 2009 04:49AM

Good points.

Also, (expanding on the snowbirds theory)...the fact that loud mouthed New Yorkers constantly brag about how great New York is but still choose to live in Florida and fill the stands during Yets games.

We as Dolphin fans still have the more storied and respected franchise but have terrible fans in South Florida who are, for the most part, not true fans. It seems that most of the fanatic fans are spread across the US.

On a side note: As much as the Jets were a thorn in our side, we have the same effect on NE with or without Brady.

Interesting FACTS...

SB championships: Miami 2, Yets 1

Conference Championships: Miami 5, Yets 0

Division Championships: Miami 13, Yets 4

Playoff appearances: Miami 22, Yets 12

Hall of Famers: Miami 9, Yets 3

Oh...and they aren't even good enough to get their own stadium. They have to pick up the scraps from the more successful NY franchise.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 04:55AM by eesti.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: June 02, 2009 05:18AM

> Olivadotti was the DC, not the OC, but you're absolutely correct.

Brain fart, knew he was DC - Thx for the catch.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 02, 2009 12:06PM

I guess this comes under the category of being a Dolphin fan living in L.A. I came as a fan when Bob Griese was drafted here and have only been to Miami once, and then as a stopover on the way to Barbados. I guess I knew that there are a lot of expatriate New Yorkers living in Miami. We also know on the West Coast that some New Yorkers tend to be loud and obnoxious. As such, it naturally follows that there would be some bitterness between Dolphin fans whose families have moved from New York and have family back there and some New Yorkers who have moved here and yet continue to root for the Jets. Despite that, and even if they have beaten us head-to-head more often then not, they are still not a threat in my eyes.

Another thing is Landshark Lager. I had no idea why this became a topic on the board until I read JC's post. The first few posts on that thread said nothing about it being sold in the stadium and I had stopped reading after that.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.