Home
THIS SITE
  About Phins.com
  Contact Us
  Staff
TEAM NEWS
  Team Info
  Twitter Feeds
  News Wire
  XML News
  Subscribe using any news reader
  News Articles
  Mobile News
  On Porpoise
GAMES
  Schedule
PERSONNEL
  Roster
  Depth Chart
  Training Camp
  Draft
FOR THE FANS
  Forums
  Places To Watch
  Dolphins Links
  Game Tickets
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute
  News Archive
  Past Games
  Transactions
  Past Rosters
SUPPORT PHINS.COM
  Dolphins Fan Shop
  Phins.com Apparel
 
-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com
 
  Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Gase to the Jets
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Gase to the Jets
Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: January 10, 2019 02:58AM

Gase expected to be hired by the Jets. I read that he is going to get Vance Joseph as DC and Dowell Looggains as OC. Hahahahaha

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: January 10, 2019 05:02AM

If Gase continues as the play caller for the offense, employs substandard assistants, and jettisons talented players because they don't sufficiently bow and scrape before him, there's no reason to believe that he won't fail again.

If (and it's a big if) he's learned from his experience in Miami, and is willing to change how he coaches and acknowledges the mistakes of the past, who knows what can happen.

My only thought on it is his massive ego and stubbornness was his downfall here and it's hard to believe he can so completely reinvent himself so quickly. Honestly, I don't believe that he believes he was the problem in Miami. If I'm right, we'll see him doing the same things in NY that he did in Miami.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 10, 2019 06:35AM

No time to reflect on his miscues with this quick hiring by the Jets. It's likely that Gase will do the same things he did before. Time will tell....

Reflection is very helpful to most people to evaluate what they did. Sometimes the "thinking everything over" actually changes one's approach and posture, other times, the victim of circumstances "card" is played to erase clear thinking on why things went the way they did. The latter is very possible with Gase. After 3 seasons observing him, he is not a good leader.

Hiring of good assistant coaches is very critical. No different than having quality subordinates (officers and enlisted) to make things happen in a positive way in the military setting.

Base is going to work with Darnold. Okay fine. This kid shows promise. How well Darnold does will not be so much on what Gase does to train him, but the quality of the team members around him. If they are subpar, progress will be marginal at best.

My concern is not with the Jets but who the Dolphins hire to improve every position on the team. I want a veteran head coach at the helm. That's what is needed to make progress here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 10, 2019 06:54AM

When we play them we can expect a run on 3rd & long eye rolling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: January 10, 2019 09:23AM

If he has final say on the 53, they'll suck for sure.
One of his biggest flaws is he's a terrible judge of talent.
Can't wait to watch his pressers after games, as he gets hammered by the NY reporters.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 10, 2019 10:10AM

Just read an article that Jets fans aren't happy with Gase as their new HC. Gee...I wonder why? Also tells you something when Denver didn't want the so called "offensive guru & QB whisperer" back with them. Hmm I wonder - Who ever labeled him with those accolades? I don't recall where that came from. Doesn't matter anyway, he's gone and I'm happy with that. Thank you Mr. Ross for canning him & demoting Tbum to waterboy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: January 10, 2019 10:35AM

808phan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just read an article that Jets fans aren't happy
> with Gase as their new HC. Gee...I wonder why?
> Also tells you something when Denver didn't want
> the so called "offensive guru & QB whisperer" back
> with them. Hmm I wonder - Who ever labeled him
> with those accolades? I don't recall where that
> came from. Doesn't matter anyway, he's gone and
> I'm happy with that. Thank you Mr. Ross for
> canning him & demoting Tbum to waterboy.

Tbum as waterboy? That's still too close to the effecting the team. What about CEO of the parking lot?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: January 10, 2019 03:13PM

pafinfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 808phan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Just read an article that Jets fans aren't
> happy
> > with Gase as their new HC. Gee...I wonder why?
> > Also tells you something when Denver didn't
> want
> > the so called "offensive guru & QB whisperer"
> back
> > with them. Hmm I wonder - Who ever labeled him
> > with those accolades? I don't recall where that
> > came from. Doesn't matter anyway, he's gone and
> > I'm happy with that. Thank you Mr. Ross for
> > canning him & demoting Tbum to waterboy.
>
> Tbum as waterboy? That's still too close to the
> effecting the team. What about CEO of the parking
> lot?

I'm thinking restroom attendant.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 10, 2019 03:22PM

No, he should be parking the cars, not supervising those who do.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 10, 2019 04:29PM

I wouldn't trust him with any of my cars. smileys with beer

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 10, 2019 05:06PM

Ha, ha.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Date: January 14, 2019 07:46AM

He will turn that Rookie INT machine into a decent QB. But if hes going to maintain favoritism to the offense.....the Jets will suffer greatly.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 14, 2019 07:50AM

All i now is tannehill will soon be the waterboy for the miami dolphins.

Right chren?


They can also use him to sell fireworks every 4th of july.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: January 14, 2019 07:59AM

We could use the services of a good waterboy like Bobby Boucher!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Date: January 15, 2019 04:57AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All i now is tannehill will soon be the waterboy
> for the miami dolphins.
>
> Right chren?
>
>
> They can also use him to sell fireworks every 4th
> of july.


You sound so happy Sam about the teams failure. Were you as Giddy when the Pats won yesterday?

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 15, 2019 05:26AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > All i now is tannehill will soon be the
> waterboy
> > for the miami dolphins.
> >
> > Right chren?
> >
> >
> > They can also use him to sell fireworks every
> 4th
> > of july.
>
>
> You sound so happy Sam about the teams failure.
> Were you as Giddy when the Pats won yesterday?

Yes iam happy but for another reason:


im happy tannehill is finally leaving. That way he can stop making every dolphin fan's life miserable.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: January 15, 2019 05:34AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > samsam3738 Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > All i now is tannehill will soon be the
> > waterboy
> > > for the miami dolphins.
> > >
> > > Right chren?
> > >
> > >
> > > They can also use him to sell fireworks every
> > 4th
> > > of july.
> >
> >
> > You sound so happy Sam about the teams failure.
> > Were you as Giddy when the Pats won yesterday?
>
> Yes iam happy but for another reason:
>
>
> im happy tannehill is finally leaving. That way he
> can stop making every dolphin fan's life
> miserable.

By that logic about 75% of the team should be gone. The whole team makes me miserable. It is a team sport BTW...this isn't golf.

Tanne is just a piece. Yet he is the main culprit to you.

How about getting some o-line who can block. How about getting LB's that can cover anything. How about getting a coach\coordinator who can call a game with some balls. How about getting some receivers who can get open when needed. How about utilizing your big TE's the way they should be. How about having less injuries.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 15, 2019 06:05AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 15, 2019 06:06AM

Wow...Happened again...WTF??? confused smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 15, 2019 06:09AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 15, 2019 06:10AM

Umm...Okay. Guess I'll watch TV lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: January 15, 2019 06:24AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 15, 2019 07:35AM

Grimey13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > samsam3738 Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > All i now is tannehill will soon be the
> > > waterboy
> > > > for the miami dolphins.
> > > >
> > > > Right chren?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > They can also use him to sell fireworks
> every
> > > 4th
> > > > of july.
> > >
> > >
> > > You sound so happy Sam about the teams
> failure.
> > > Were you as Giddy when the Pats won
> yesterday?
> >
> > Yes iam happy but for another reason:
> >
> >
> > im happy tannehill is finally leaving. That way
> he
> > can stop making every dolphin fan's life
> > miserable.
>
> By that logic about 75% of the team should be
> gone. The whole team makes me miserable. It is a
> team sport BTW...this isn't golf.
>
> Tanne is just a piece. Yet he is the main culprit
> to you.
>
> How about getting some o-line who can block. How
> about getting LB's that can cover anything. How
> about getting a coach\coordinator who can call a
> game with some balls. How about getting some
> receivers who can get open when needed. How about
> utilizing your big TE's the way they should be.
> How about having less injuries.

How about drafting a qb that can actually play qb. And not stand in the pocket cluelessly until he gets sacked.

We cannot score points with tannehill. He is just good for one good drive as he showed the entire season.

Then the defense sees that we aint scoring points and gives up.

Who would want to play defense if they know the offense isnt going to score any points?

Answer: Nobody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: January 15, 2019 08:02AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> How about drafting a qb that can actually play qb.
> And not stand in the pocket cluelessly until he
> gets sacked.
>
> We cannot score points with tannehill. He is just
> good for one good drive as he showed the entire
> season.
>
> Then the defense sees that we aint scoring points
> and gives up.
>
> Who would want to play defense if they know the
> offense isnt going to score any points?
>
> Answer: Nobody.

I doubt any professional athlete actually thinks like that and if they do, they have no right being paid what they get paid to play a game.

TANNE IS NOT THE ENTIRE PROBLEM!!!! Yet he is the only one you ever mention. I agree he is a problem but he is a piece of the entire puzzle. This team just sucks overall. You just get off on messing with TCPF...Maybe he is your man crush!!!

If they thought like you and I was the owner I would pull a "Replacements" and fire every one of those crying babies.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 15, 2019 08:30AM

Grimey13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > How about drafting a qb that can actually play
> qb.
> > And not stand in the pocket cluelessly until he
> > gets sacked.
> >
> > We cannot score points with tannehill. He is
> just
> > good for one good drive as he showed the entire
> > season.
> >
> > Then the defense sees that we aint scoring
> points
> > and gives up.
> >
> > Who would want to play defense if they know the
> > offense isnt going to score any points?
> >
> > Answer: Nobody.
>
> I doubt any professional athlete actually thinks
> like that and if they do, they have no right being
> paid what they get paid to play a game.
>
> TANNE IS NOT THE ENTIRE PROBLEM!!!! Yet he is the
> only one you ever mention. I agree he is a
> problem but he is a piece of the entire puzzle.
> This team just sucks overall. You just get off on
> messing with TCPF...Maybe he is your man crush!!!
>
> If they thought like you and I was the owner I
> would pull a "Replacements" and fire every one of
> those crying babies.

If we get a great qb we be making playoffs every year with this same team. NOBODY wants to play for a qb that stinks like tannehill and doesnt make anything good happen on the field.

And no TCPF is not my mancrush. I already stated that dan marino is my only man crush. I will be a fan forever.

I wasnt even thinking about man crushs....But maybe you are into cops since you brought it up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Date: January 15, 2019 09:07AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: January 15, 2019 09:15AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Grimey13 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > samsam3738 Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> >
> > > How about drafting a qb that can actually
> play
> > qb.
> > > And not stand in the pocket cluelessly until
> he
> > > gets sacked.
> > >
> > > We cannot score points with tannehill. He is
> > just
> > > good for one good drive as he showed the
> entire
> > > season.
> > >
> > > Then the defense sees that we aint scoring
> > points
> > > and gives up.
> > >
> > > Who would want to play defense if they know
> the
> > > offense isnt going to score any points?
> > >
> > > Answer: Nobody.
> >
> > I doubt any professional athlete actually
> thinks
> > like that and if they do, they have no right
> being
> > paid what they get paid to play a game.
> >
> > TANNE IS NOT THE ENTIRE PROBLEM!!!! Yet he is
> the
> > only one you ever mention. I agree he is a
> > problem but he is a piece of the entire puzzle.
>
> > This team just sucks overall. You just get off
> on
> > messing with TCPF...Maybe he is your man
> crush!!!
> >
> > If they thought like you and I was the owner I
> > would pull a "Replacements" and fire every one
> of
> > those crying babies.
>
> If we get a great qb we be making playoffs every
> year with this same team. NOBODY wants to play for
> a qb that stinks like tannehill and doesnt make
> anything good happen on the field.
>
> And no TCPF is not my mancrush. I already stated
> that dan marino is my only man crush. I will be a
> fan forever.
>
> I wasnt even thinking about man crushs....But
> maybe you are into cops since you brought it up.

Hopefully this changes as well but with a quality coach we can see the playoffs again. None of the coaches we have had in 10 years could turn this team into a playoff team with a better QB. This team has far to many holes. A QB alone is not going to fix it.

Honestly cops do more for me in real life than any of these damn athletes. There are bad apples everywhere but I stand behind good cops and would be proud to have one as a man crush. I know many former Marines who became cops and do an amazing job. My Father in Law is retired Secret Service (uniformed division) and he is one of the best men I know.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2019 09:17AM by Grimey13.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 15, 2019 09:37AM

Grimey.....of course we need to fix other positions like we try to do every year in the draft and free agency.

Like every team tries to upgrade in the offseason.

My point is without a good qb we aint going to the playoffs in a while.

Tannehill is good enough to win just a few games. He doesnt have the ability to take this team to the next level like other qbs do.

But dont worry the 2020 draft is almost here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 15, 2019 12:35PM

808phan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Grimey13 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > samsam3738 Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > samsam3738 Wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -----
> > > > > All i now is tannehill will soon be the
> > > > waterboy
> > > > > for the miami dolphins.
> > > > >
> > > > > Right chren?
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > They can also use him to sell fireworks
> > every
> > > > 4th
> > > > > of july.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > You sound so happy Sam about the teams
> > failure.
> > > > Were you as Giddy when the Pats won
> > yesterday?
> > >
> > > Yes iam happy but for another reason:
> > >
> > >
> > > im happy tannehill is finally leaving. That
> way
> > he
> > > can stop making every dolphin fan's life
> > > miserable.
> >
> > By that logic about 75% of the team should be
> > gone. The whole team makes me miserable. It is
> a
> > team sport BTW...this isn't golf.
> >
> > Tanne is just a piece. Yet he is the main
> culprit
> > to you.
> >
> > How about getting some o-line who can block.
> How
> > about getting LB's that can cover anything.
> How
> > about getting a coach\coordinator who can call
> a
> > game with some balls. How about getting some
> > receivers who can get open when needed. How
> about
> > utilizing your big TE's the way they should be.
>
> > How about having less injuries.
>
>
> You got that right Grimy.
>
> Although I can be very critical of RT17 at times,
> the issues this team has goes way beyond just him.


Just so it can be read.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gase to the Jets
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 15, 2019 12:37PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     
   
Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England
TOP
   
© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.