HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Adam Gase -Poor Playcaller
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Adam Gase -Poor Playcaller
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: November 25, 2018 02:44PM

The team played well enough to win this game. The turning point came with around 4-5 minutes left. They punt to us, we get lousy field position, but enough room to move. We are ahead at this point, but we need a sustained drive to run out the clock. So, do we stick with what has been working? NO. Gase calls two low percentage passes, both incomplete, then a slow-developing deep handoff for a gain of about two yards. We have to punt the ball back, we have run about 50 seconds off the clock, and the Colts now have the momentum and decent field position. They win. Gase's fault.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Adam Gase -Poor Playcaller
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 25, 2018 03:24PM

While Gase has to bear some if the blame for ultra conservative play calls the players on defense that allowed the Colts to run down the field unhindered at the end have to bear some blame too. Then our abundance of stupid penalties didnt help either.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 26, 2018 01:29AM

Ken, you saw what I saw and have to agree. Gase is horrible play caller and D was severely out played by Luck who is a very good QB.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 26, 2018 03:53AM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ken, you saw what I saw and have to agree. Gase is
> horrible play caller and D was severely out played
> by Luck who is a very good QB.

The defense was terrible, no doubt. It's hard to expect more from them when the starting linebackers are terrible, the DTs are worse, and we have one decent boundary corner in Howard.

That said, this game was winnable if the coaching hadn't actually helped the opponent. Miami's final touchdown drive was Miami running it down Indy's throat. When Miami got the ball back with the lead, there isn't a coach alive, other than the dumbass Miami is stuck with, that wouldn't have continued to run the ball down Indy's throat. You have the lead, you want to run clock. Might Indy have stopped them anyway? Maybe, but the running backs were making plays all game long. Coach Moron, knows better though. Pass, pass, run, punt and game over. With the lead and the running game going well, they used up less than a minute of clock. Pathetic.

I won't be happy until the day that Gase, Tannenbum, and Grier are fired. Until that happens, this team has no hope of being anything more than mediocre.

Date: November 26, 2018 10:12AM

The defense did get 3 or 4 turnovers and was the first team to sack Luck in how many games? don't remember the exact # but its been a long while.

But they do always seem to blow it when other teams adapt. Our defensive coordinator cant seem to keep up. That zone shit …...the players don't have a clue and are constantly out of place. That needs to end.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 26, 2018 10:24AM

If you want to blame Gase, blame him for keeping Tannehill in a pocket passing offense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2018 11:14AM by ChyrenB.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 26, 2018 11:01AM

The defense collapsed at the end, like they always do but I get it. We have no DTs worth a crap. Our linebackers couldn't start for any other teams. With the exception of Howard, we have no one that can cover anyone. But this loss is squarely on Gase. His play-calling was exactly what the Colts needed to pull off their comeback. Gase is like that dumb-ass we've all known at some point in our life that thinks he's smarter than anyone else. To hell with conventional wisdom and common sense, Gase is going to do things his way because everyone else is wrong and he's always right. He blew it for his team and the fans. I think he's arrogant like Bellichick without any of the winning games part perfected. I wonder if www.fireadamgase.com is available?

Date: November 27, 2018 02:32AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you want to blame Gase, blame him for keeping
> Tannehill in a pocket passing offense.

He seemed pretty comfortable in the pocket on Sunday. Stepped up made some rocket passes......or what would you know? You didnt even watch it.......eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: November 27, 2018 03:10AM

I think the defense would be OK if we had 2 DECENT replacements for McMillian and Baker. Those 2 are playing horribly. They have no clue what they're doing out there and we're losing games because of it. We need a stud LB in next years draft. I'm fine with Kiko though

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: November 27, 2018 03:31AM

I wanted either Roquan Smith or Edmunds with our first pick last year...I want a beast LB so bad...

Date: November 27, 2018 03:39AM

Hell yeah! I love the defensive side of the ball! Zach Thomas used to say his success was because of the amount of time he spent watching other teams offense. He would call plays out on the line and knew where they were going every snap. We have some athletes on D but after a big play you can see how clueless they are.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.