Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Heres a present for the Tannehill haters:
Heres a present for the Tannehill haters:
Date: October 17, 2018 11:28AM

Re: Heres a present for the Tannehill haters:
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 17, 2018 12:50PM

You are the one who proclaimed tannehill was a tough titan. Invensible.

Well now he has a booo booo and doesnt want to play.

Or does gase believes osweiler is better?

Face it dude....thy wet firecracker let you down.egg on your face.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 17, 2018 02:16PM

I get the feeling that you, TC that is, really believe that Sam and I at best WANTED this to happen to him and what's more that, although you can't prove it, that we probably CAUSED it to happen to him. LOL.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 17, 2018 03:24PM

RT is tough, no doubt about that. But, if he is truly hurt then he needs to rest and get healed. That pretty much goes for every player on the team. Dinged up is one thing but a real injury is something else. Sounds to me like the shoulder injury was hampering him a bit more than we know and was probably a factor in his two very poor performances as he tried to play through it. RT is better than Osweiller, people who think otherwise are simply not paying attention.

That said, good luck Brock, we need another good game and a followup win...channel that inner Earl Morrall.

Date: October 17, 2018 04:24PM

Tannehill is better ONLY in the proper scheme that plays to HIS PERSONAL playing skills which is set back and option play. The reason Osweiler outperformed him was not due to Tanny's health but due to the fact that Osweiler is a pocket QB and Tanny is an option QB and both were placed in a pocket scheme. So, DUHHHH!

As long as you guys keep hoping that this square peg, Tannehill, can be forced into the round hole, pocket scheme, you will continue to be disappointed.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: October 17, 2018 11:56PM

This seems to happen every season now. Fans start screaming for the {BACKUP_QB} and when they realize he's not as good as they thought, they wish Tanny was healthy- until he is, and the cycle repeats all over again.

Date: October 18, 2018 04:09AM

This was a Christmas present. No rebuttal......enjoy.thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 18, 2018 04:27AM

Thats right chren....me and you put a magic potion on tannehills drink so he could get hurt.

But you know what?

Tcpf is been known to be wrong before. Over and over So. No biggie.

Letm keep thinking that.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 18, 2018 07:12AM

I have the odd feeling that Tannehill's injury is going to be one of those that extends week to week until they shut him down later in the season. Although I commend Osweiler's gutsy performance against Chicago, it was greatly enhanced by stellar after the catch performance of Wilson. I'd be lying if I said I think that Osweiler can keep it going consistently. We'll see. Bottom line, Miami must start planning for life after Tannehill. This experiment has gone on long enough.

Date: October 18, 2018 08:09AM

Can we be the eagles of last year?

I dont even want to think about it anymore because when you fall back to reality its a hard fall.

Date: October 18, 2018 08:28AM

TCPF we dont hate tannehill. Our beef against him is that he always messes up when we have to win an important game at the end of the year.

Always.

Your witness.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: October 18, 2018 08:58AM

I like Tanneyhill but this is probably his last season as a Dolphin. He is due $26 million next year. Way to pricey for his overall inconsistency. I do beleive he will be in the league for several more years as a battle-tested back up.

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: October 18, 2018 09:23AM

of all the abuse I have taken, apparently the scarecrow doesnt need a brain after all. lmao. Anyway this shoulder, maybe surgery maybe not, maybe rest maybe not is going the typical stupid phins way yet again, His knee before now his shoulder. Steven King couldnt make this shit up with this team if he tried. Off the subject here and I know there are a million reasons, but what happened to Gesecki?? this guy can catch anything near him and yet is not targeted? Why dont we do swing passes to drake? I sometimes wonder what this team is doing, inspite of the record. Lets go Brock do it 8 more times will ya?

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: October 18, 2018 09:25AM

I am sure I can look it up but a little to lazy to do the research right now and I am sure some smart fella here knows the answer.

Of that 26 mil how much will be a cap hit if he is cut or traded or what have you? It isn't guaranteed is it?

Date: October 18, 2018 09:38AM

We need a smart fella to figure it out grimey. Maybe we can call on fiedlerhater for some help. He smart you know

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: October 18, 2018 06:45PM

hahahah love the flattery Sam, here is the best i can figure out. He does not have an injury clause in his contract to that is good, however if he needs surgery and is out all of next year then he is entitled to 1.2mill under the cba. As far as being cut after this year, if he is released without the june 1 designation we would carry 13.4 mill in dead money,but a cap savings of 13.2
If he is released with the june 1 designation we carry 7.9 in dead money but a cap savings of 18.75. I may be wrong im not sure but this is what i found, so unless he gets his shit together real quick, i would hope they cut him with the designation, and save that cash for some other players and get a real qb for a change.

Date: October 18, 2018 10:55PM

But on the serious side, Treasure, you are from New York City. That's the biggest city in the Nation. I am from Lawton, Oklahoma, 60,000 people when I left in 65. You can't internalize it but when a person comes from a small town, they take pride in any publicity that town gets and that goes for nearby towns.

Tannehill is from Lubbock, Texas,even closer to Lawton than OKC. If anyone would be a Tannehill fan it would be me.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 19, 2018 05:33PM

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 19, 2018 10:01PM

We are definitely living in interesting times.

I think you're right that his actual instincts really won't be improved significantly. I think that's a natural part of who a person is and can only be improved so much by any external means. I do think that Tannehill has shown the ability to cerebrally improve on aspects of his game methodically over the years. So, while I don't think he'll develop significantly in the area of pocket presence...I do think he can systematically improve his ability to get rid of the ball vs. taking a dumb sack or doing something dumb and turning the ball over. To be clear, having the instincts to do that unconsciously is unbelievably better...but I think he can improve the results. I can't explain why he hasn't done this (or maybe he has to some degree...just not fast enough or to the degree we'd like to see after so many years). That said, I do think he can realistically improve in this area. Since he hasn't shown any ability to put the team on his shoulders, this shortfall is relatively magnified.

It's really tough for me to ignore the fact that - after a 1-4 start to their time together where the whole team was clearly still figuring things out and underperforming - the combo of Gase + Tannehill has gone 10-3. The Cincy loss was largely on him, once the wheels had come off. He not only didn't help turn the tide back, he was a huge part of the problem. The NE loss is just about par for the course for teams that go to NE any time in the past 15+ years. The whole team laid an egg, but in a W/L league, making a game of it would have only been marginally less disappointing.

Obviously, if Osweiler can better the Gase-Tannehill record (and there's a chance it can happen), I'll be unbelievably happy. That said, if they can't and Tannehill comes back healthy, my guess is that he is the starting QB Week 1 of 2019...and that legitimate competition will have been brought in, likely in the form of both a veteran pick-up and a relatively high draft pick. I think it could be very "Alex Smith-like" in how things go down. Holding on to the serviceable veteran until you're sure that what you have is actually a marked improvement. If Osweiler does go on the sustained hot streak or if Tannehill just doesn't recover from the shoulder injury fully, I think it's possible Tannehill has played his last as a Dolphin.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.