Home
THIS SITE
  About Phins.com
  Contact Us
  Staff
TEAM NEWS
  Team Info
  Twitter Feeds
  News Wire
  XML News
  Subscribe using any news reader
  News Articles
  Mobile News
  On Porpoise
GAMES
  Schedule
PERSONNEL
  Roster
  Depth Chart
  Draft
FOR THE FANS
  Forums
  Places To Watch
  Dolphins Links
  Game Tickets
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute
  News Archive
  Past Games
  Transactions
  Past Rosters
SUPPORT PHINS.COM
  Dolphins Fan Shop
  Phins.com Apparel
 
-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com
 
  Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jordan Phillips
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Jordan Phillips
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: July 11, 2018 05:17AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jordan Phillips
Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: July 11, 2018 05:32AM

I read the article and was not impressed in the least. Godchaux, Vincent Taylor and Akeem Spence will rotate most of the snaps. Phillips has/had potential. This is a contract year, so one hopes for a better year but I don't see it

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jordan Phillips
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: July 11, 2018 07:19AM

SCPhinsFan Wrote:
Godchaux, Vincent Taylor and Akeem Spence
> will rotate most of the snaps.

That doesn't fill me with much optimism. Godchaux is okay for a 5th rounder. Taylor hasn't shown much (admittedly not a lot of opportunities) and Spence is a journeyman DT that has had an underwhelming career at best. Last year I said that the team did nothing to improve an already mediocre offensive line. This year, it's the D line that I think is going to be the Achilles heel. Expecting a group of backups to be starters rarely works. That fact in concert with the mediocre linebackers is not encouraging.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jordan Phillips
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: July 12, 2018 05:18AM

Our run D is going to have more holes than a fish net without suh.

Unless the LBs play way better than last year.

If the LBs play the same way they played last year we are in deep trouble.

And hobbled qb and no run D.

Trouble!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jordan Phillips
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: July 12, 2018 11:09AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Our run D is going to have more holes than a fish
> net without suh.
>
> Unless the LBs play way better than last year.
>
> If the LBs play the same way they played last year
> we are in deep trouble.

As far as the linebackers go, McMillian is in my opinion a big question mark. A rookie 2nd rounder that some gave a third round grade. Maybe he'll be good, but no way do we know. After that, Alonso stinks to high heaven. He counts 10 million against the cap this year and as far as I'm concerned, he ought to wear a mask on pay day cause he's literally stealing that money. Can't cover, can't tackle, too slow, and slow to react. Watch him on tape and more often than not, he'll take the wrong angle to the ball carrier and allows lots of additional yards. The third linebacker? Who the hell knows. Baker is too small to be an every down player. Quite frankly, at 6'1" I'm not looking forward to seeing him try to cover a 6'7" tight end. Stephone Anthony is another reclamation project and those rarely go well. Chase Allen and Mike Hull are strictly special teamers. Honestly, this could get ugly quickly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jordan Phillips
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: July 12, 2018 02:58PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jordan Phillips
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: July 13, 2018 04:50AM

Fins72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Our run D is going to have more holes than a
> fish
> > net without suh.
> >
> > Unless the LBs play way better than last year.
> >
> > If the LBs play the same way they played last
> year
> > we are in deep trouble.
>
> As far as the linebackers go, McMillian is in my
> opinion a big question mark. A rookie 2nd rounder
> that some gave a third round grade. Maybe he'll be
> good, but no way do we know. After that, Alonso
> stinks to high heaven. He counts 10 million
> against the cap this year and as far as I'm
> concerned, he ought to wear a mask on pay day
> cause he's literally stealing that money. Can't
> cover, can't tackle, too slow, and slow to react.
> Watch him on tape and more often than not, he'll
> take the wrong angle to the ball carrier and
> allows lots of additional yards. The third
> linebacker? Who the hell knows. Baker is too small
> to be an every down player. Quite frankly, at 6'1"
> I'm not looking forward to seeing him try to cover
> a 6'7" tight end. Stephone Anthony is another
> reclamation project and those rarely go well.
> Chase Allen and Mike Hull are strictly special
> teamers. Honestly, this could get ugly quickly.


Alonzo in my opinion is the same type player tannehill is...

And what i mean with this is he needs for the players around him to do really well in order for him to succeed.

The two LBs playing along side alonzo struggled last year and alonzo was left in an island.

I dont think alonzo is a bad player he just needs help from his peers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jordan Phillips
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: July 13, 2018 07:07AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fins72 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > samsam3738 Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Our run D is going to have more holes than a
> > fish
> > > net without suh.
> > >
> > > Unless the LBs play way better than last
> year.
> > >
> > > If the LBs play the same way they played last
> > year
> > > we are in deep trouble.
> >
> > As far as the linebackers go, McMillian is in
> my
> > opinion a big question mark. A rookie 2nd
> rounder
> > that some gave a third round grade. Maybe he'll
> be
> > good, but no way do we know. After that, Alonso
> > stinks to high heaven. He counts 10 million
> > against the cap this year and as far as I'm
> > concerned, he ought to wear a mask on pay day
> > cause he's literally stealing that money. Can't
> > cover, can't tackle, too slow, and slow to
> react.
> > Watch him on tape and more often than not,
> he'll
> > take the wrong angle to the ball carrier and
> > allows lots of additional yards. The third
> > linebacker? Who the hell knows. Baker is too
> small
> > to be an every down player. Quite frankly, at
> 6'1"
> > I'm not looking forward to seeing him try to
> cover
> > a 6'7" tight end. Stephone Anthony is another
> > reclamation project and those rarely go well.
> > Chase Allen and Mike Hull are strictly special
> > teamers. Honestly, this could get ugly quickly.
>
>
> Alonzo in my opinion is the same type player
> tannehill is...
>
> And what i mean with this is he needs for the
> players around him to do really well in order for
> him to succeed.
>
> The two LBs playing along side alonzo struggled
> last year and alonzo was left in an island.
>
> I dont think alonzo is a bad player he just needs
> help from his peers.

Sam that may be the unkindest thing you've ever said about Tannehill. I have to totally disagree with you on Alonso. I've re- watched a bunch of games from last year and I have to tell you that I was amazed at how many tackles Alonso missed that he could've made. I don't think anyone would say that he can cover a tight end or a back, that's a given. But a linebacker has to be able to make a solo tackle when the opportunity is there to make it. He is soooooo slow to react to a play and when he finally does, he'll take an angle that allows the runner to fake him out his jockstrap. He's a liability in both run and pass defense. What's even worse is that he's a major reason why this team was cap-strapped and had to jettison a lot of productive players. He's also the poster child for why Tannenbaum should've been fired long ago. Extending his contract and Andre Branch's was the most boneheaded of all boneheaded moves he's made. He needs to go for this team to become competitive again. He's a parasite and he's killing the host day by day. I just can't see how Ross doesn't see it and if he does, why he won't just pull the trigger and fire his fat ass.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jordan Phillips
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: July 13, 2018 09:27AM

If a player cannot be good unless great players are around him, he is at best average. He is neither good nor great.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jordan Phillips
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: July 13, 2018 10:08AM

And i stand by what i said about them...They both need other players to play well in order for them to succeed....


Tannehill cant do it on his own like great qbs do...


Like chren said tannehill is average at best......And i add when he is healthy he is average....Imagine now that he is a walking wreck.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jordan Phillips
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: July 13, 2018 10:10AM

And many times ive seen alonzo make tackles in the open field all by himself......With all the other LBs struggling even more than alonzo.


Alonzo had no help at all. And now that suh is gone its going to be even worse...

A defense that cant stop the run and a offense that will struggle to score points.

This is a recipe for disaster.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jordan Phillips
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: July 13, 2018 11:35AM

He was also playing out of position last year as well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jordan Phillips
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: July 16, 2018 06:45AM

Ken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He was also playing out of position last year as
> well.


From what I saw of him, his best position would be on the waiver wire, but Tannenbaum made that impossible at least for now.

Options: ReplyQuote


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     
   
Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England
TOP
   
© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.