Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: 2018
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: May 01, 2018 04:39AM

Since they drafted Kalen Ballage with the pick they got from Philly, let's hope he'll kiss Gase's ass enough not to get traded away if he turns out to be great. Apparently, that's the barometer for whether you get to stay on this team.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 01, 2018 05:32AM

Fins72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Since they drafted Kalen Ballage with the pick
> they got from Philly, let's hope he'll kiss Gase's
> ass enough not to get traded away if he turns out
> to be great. Apparently, that's the barometer for
> whether you get to stay on this team.

Yes thats another way to look at it.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: May 01, 2018 06:38AM

Ballage is taller, shiftier, has much better hands, is better in all areas of the passing game, can block, plays special teams and has homerun speed to go with his 228 pounds, and seems to have a knack for finding the endzone.

Now for the questions...his vision for finding holes, and his physicality in taking on tacklers.

He's a better all around player than Ajayi...but without improvement in the last two areas he may not realize that potential. Let's hope Gore takes him under his wing right away and helps him out.

Either way though Ballage will be our third down back this season...so we can use his attributes in the passing game and get him in space.

If you don't expect him to have 100 yard games right away, because he wont, you shouldn't be dissapointed.

Date: May 01, 2018 06:50AM

Havent you all noticed gase has drafted players that are weak in some areas but are good catching the ball......

I think gase dreams of tannehill just like Treasurecoastphinfan.

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: May 01, 2018 07:06AM

I would rather have a roster of average players that would give everything they have for the coach and team, than a roster of supposed superstars that don't want to give there all. Plain and simple the players we cut loose were not going to give there all for the team, so they have got to go.

Just like in life something is only as valuable as the price another is willing to pay for it. Our former players that we valued highly, we got less back in return. That may have been their real value and we keep inflating their value in our own eyes.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: May 01, 2018 09:32AM

astro34 Wrote:
> I would rather have a roster of average players
> that would give everything they have for the coach
> and team, than a roster of supposed superstars
> that don't want to give there all. Plain and
> simple the players we cut loose were not going to
> give there all for the team, so they have got to
> go.
>
> Just like in life something is only as valuable as
> the price another is willing to pay for it. Our
> former players that we valued highly, we got less
> back in return. That may have been their real
> value and we keep inflating their value in our own
> eyes.

That's my problem with Jordan Phillips. Long on potential and short on production. Unmotivated and lazy. That's why the need to add a DT was so important. Expecting Phillips to be anything more than he's been so far is fantasy. It's hard for me to believe that they don't plan on adding someone to the mix at DT. What we have right now is disastrous. I said the same thing about the o line last year and they did nothing. Let's hope they have something up their sleeves at DT. If not, get ready for some long drives with run after run after run.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: May 01, 2018 09:39AM

I agree, I am ready to start the season w/ the players we have now. Im ok with the draft would have liked us to have grabbed Rudolph in the 3rd will come back to haunt us. Did a great job of upgrading the TE spot should have done the same w/ QB.

Had to come back to work and have a Pitt and a Raven fan ask what were we thinking in regards to not taking Rudolph. Did and they have a hall of fame qb. Flacco, a super bowl winner bought in Jacks and AZ moved up to take Rosen. DAL took White, TEN Falk. All of those table are more stable at QB than we are but took the opportunity to strengthen the QB spot.

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: May 01, 2018 10:29AM

I will give you Pitt having a great QB. Still no proven talent behind him. Yet!!!

Flacco is garbage and got lucky during that playoff with that D and him actually not losing the game. He is an over paid POS. I do not think Jackson's play and size will allow him to succeed in this league.

I do not think Dak is all that either. Decent but not great. Again another rookie in White that has yet to prove anything.

Mariotta (sp) looks like he has something special about him at times and other times he isn't so great.

Will Bradford even be healthy enough to play at a high level and Rosen has a lot left to prove at the Pro level.

I see your point in taking QB's but these teams all had different needs than the phins did. Hence why we didn't reach for a QB and why we passed on the ones that were still there when we picked

Date: May 01, 2018 12:05PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Havent you all noticed gase has drafted players
> that are weak in some areas but are good catching
> the ball......
>
> I think gase dreams of tannehill just like
> Treasurecoastphinfan.

Well guys like Peyton Manning SWEAR by GASE. He knows just a little bit more then you brother. Stick to dominoes and Cigars......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 01, 2018 01:09PM

Why do you have to "go there" with the reference to cigars? If you happen to know for a fact that Sam smokes cigars, then it is I who apologizes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2018 01:10PM by ChyrenB.

Date: May 01, 2018 04:16PM

Chyrene is this the way it's gonna be from on? Geez you don't take being wrong very well do you?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 01, 2018 04:17PM

And I garafuckingtee he smokes cigars.....

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 01, 2018 05:22PM

Oh, so he's male and Cuban so he must smoke Cigars, huh.

And Wrong about what else?????? Anybody who reads the threads can see you are no victim and that last insult just proved it.

Wrong about the Dolphins not picking one of the top QBs and relying on Tanny??????

I stated my advice and preference, I was not PREDICTING THE FUTURE AS TO WHAT THE DOLPHINS WOULD DO.

You as well as a lot of other posters on this board have stated how a monkey throwing darts could have assembled better teams than the Post-Robbe ownership of this team. So you are declaring victory on that?

Or maybe you are boasting that none of your insulting posts were not removed.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: May 02, 2018 03:50AM

Grimey13 Wrote:
> I will give you Pitt having a great QB. Still no
> proven talent behind him. Yet!!!
>
> Flacco is garbage and got lucky during that
> playoff with that D and him actually not losing
> the game. He is an over paid POS. I do not think
> Jackson's play and size will allow him to succeed
> in this league.
>
> I do not think Dak is all that either. Decent but
> not great. Again another rookie in White that has
> yet to prove anything.
>
> Mariotta (sp) looks like he has something special
> about him at times and other times he isn't so
> great.
>
> Will Bradford even be healthy enough to play at a
> high level and Rosen has a lot left to prove at
> the Pro level.
>
> I see your point in taking QB's but these teams
> all had different needs than the phins did. Hence
> why we didn't reach for a QB and why we passed on
> the ones that were still there when we picked

I agree w/ you on Flacco. My point is that each (including BAL) of these teams pre draft qb positions were more stable than ours yet they took the opportunity to upgrade the value of the position.

Rudolph would have added endeniable value to our qb spot and would not have been a reach at choice #73.

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: May 02, 2018 04:09AM

My main point (probably not well stated by me) was that each of those teams didn't have the holes that we had to fill in those other key positions like DB\S, LB, TE and RB.

They were able to use their picks on one of those QB's and hope they would be worth it. We did not have that luxury unfortunately.

Yes it is to early to tell but I believe this is the best draft this team has done in many years. I loved 4 of the first 5 picks. I thought they reached for Baker. I think the Ballage pick was amazing.

Date: May 02, 2018 04:50AM

Hey i don't smoke cigars...Never ever have.

So no need to apologize to him chren.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2018 03:02PM by samsam3738.

Date: May 02, 2018 05:47AM

Lol. You NEVER had a Cuban? I never asked for an apology ....but I know you play Dominoes!!

You guys are a Trip.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 02, 2018 06:26AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Lol. You NEVER had a Cuban? I never asked for an
> apology ....but I know you play Dominoes!!
>
> You guys are a Trip.

Who doesnt play dominoes? Everybody does!

But i've never had a tabaco or cigar. Swear on my kids.

Date: May 02, 2018 07:51AM

10-4. I dont blame you. I've never smoked myself. thumbs up

How about pork? I know you dig Cuban sandwiches. grinning smiley

I'll make Chyrene happy.....

Hey Sam! Stick to eating Cubans and playing Dominos!! grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 02, 2018 07:58AM

Pork is alright but i dont eat it much.

Date: May 02, 2018 11:17AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> 10-4. I dont blame you. I've never smoked myself.
> thumbs up
>
> How about pork? I know you dig Cuban sandwiches.
> grinning smiley
>
> I'll make Chyrene happy.....
>
> Hey Sam! Stick to eating Cubans and playing
> Dominos!! grinning smiley

Hmmm. The whole world is full of stereotypes for you, huh? Long ago I warned you that two possible ill fates for you on your job are 1) to be shot by some fresh faced WASP kid who you turned your back on and felt relaxed about or 2) to end up in the news for prematurely shooting some minority grandmother because you "just felt there was something wrong about her." As a retired prosecutor I say, "Don't call me" for legal help. Just keep thinking in boxes.

Date: May 02, 2018 12:37PM

TCPF Doesn't know any better chren.

Date: May 02, 2018 01:10PM

I bet tcpf likes....

1. Taking home mini shampoo bottles from hotels.

2. FaceTiming his pets.

3. Ordering complicated Starbucks drink orders.

4. Getting unlimited breadsticks at the Olive Garden.

5. The dollar section at Target.

6. Eating chips and salsa at Mexican restaurants until hes no longer hungry enough for the dinner he just ordered.

7. Getting excited over new laundry detergent and/or fabric softener.

8. Putting frozen grapes in his glass of wine.

9. Hitting up weekend yard sales.

10. The feeling of pushing a new shopping cart.

11. Using forks to eat sushi.

12. Instagramming a picture of a plane's wing with the caption "take me back."

13. Asking for "extra" guac at Chipotle.

14. Yacht parties..

15. Clapping at the end of the movie.

16. Getting upset when Netflix doesn't load properly.

17. Fighting with others over a game of Monopoly.

18. Complaining about the weather.

19. Making announcements on Facebook.

20. Making shapes with Nutella on bread before he eats it.

21. Googling himself.

AHHHHHH WHite people......

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: May 02, 2018 01:11PM

Hello all, well no QB so treasure lets see your guy perform the season will speak for itself. I have just a few issues and I hope some of you can help me with them. First why the hell does everyone think ajayi was so good? He had 4 damn games where he excelled and then averaged 50yrds a game?? Drake averaged better consistently and god more yard and can catch the damn ball. next why the hell did we get Mikah???? I mean we signed a guy for 9mill who was suspended for 8games because he is soooooooooo freaking good, now we are putting him as a LB?? Gase to me mind everyone this is my opinion is a @#$%& idiot. We have a qb that should be a wr, a lt that should be a guard, a safety thats now a LB a tight end that cant block shich i think is the best pick of the draft. another TE that cant catch, a 40yr old rb, a pinhead for a GM and an owner that lives 1000miles away. Did I miss anyone?? I am not saying we will be bad or good I am just saying I cannot figure this team out at all. Everyone says gase is a genius with qb and players he knows, well he shit the damn bed with thomas and cutler so so far he is a zero.

Date: May 02, 2018 01:15PM

Date: May 02, 2018 01:57PM

Good post, Fiedlerhater. The thing that I liked about Ajayi though was that when he ran, he ran with that old time Dolphin spirit of the 70s. That ole, "you'll have to kill me to stop me" attitude of the 70s Dolphins. I just don't see that that much anymore.

Date: May 02, 2018 02:35PM

And I can't evaluate that by numbers alone. You have to think about the fact if it is taking so many guys to tackle Ayayi and the defensive linemen are all concentrating on him, the QB can simply fake a handoff and throw a bomb down the field. We weren't able to do that much anymore after Ayayi left.

Date: May 02, 2018 05:29PM

Good questions Fielder.I liked Ayaji, but I was OK with trading him. He obviously had motivation issues. Landry pissed me off though. I really hope that doesn't bite us in the ass.

As far as defense....the stragedy couldn't be plainer to see. The jets and Bills picked rookie QBs.we just stacked up our backfield to defend against them.

Hopefully the dual tightends and RB will help Tanny get to the next level in the Red zone.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 02, 2018 05:43PM

Touche Sammy.smileys with beer

Chyrene .......wow. Just wow. You don't think your overacting just a tad about a comment made from a mod about my opinion ? Your unhinged. Over what?dang bro......i thought we were tight.

Sammys posts were creative and mostly true......except for #14, I don't have any access to a yacht.....all in good fun.

But your post feels kinda ugly. Your trying to hurt me....why bro? I thought we were friends? I posted a cry baby Picture. Thought it was funny.

But damn.....my fate is getting Shot or shooting someone? Really?

You need to take a step back and take a deep breath.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 02, 2018 05:45PM

I don't think his problem is so much scoring in the red zone as GETTING TO the red zone.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.