HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Who had the best draft/offseason?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Who had the best draft/offseason?
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: May 06, 2009 08:17AM

other than the Dolphins....who were a couple of teams that really improved themselves?

My vote is for the Eagles at number 1. They will be dangerous this year. Here are my top 6.

Eagles: They gave McNabb the much needed weapon on offense of Jeremy Macklin, LeSean McCoy and Corn Ingrim to team up with DeSean Jackson and Brian Westbrook. They also added bookend tackles in Andrews and Peters to protect DM. This allowed them to move Stacy Andrew's brother Shawn to RG. They also added Mach Harris.

The Colts: They upgraded their RB spot with Donald Brown and added two much needed DT's and got even them in the later rounds. Fili Moala in the 2nd and Terrance Taylor in the 4th.

Cincy: Andre Smith, Rey Maualuga, Michael Johnson, Chase Coffman and Jonathan Luigs.

Texans: Brian Cushing, Connor Barwin and Antoine Caldwell.

Giants: Hakeem Nicks, Clint Sintim, William Beatty, Ramses Barden, Travis Beckum, Andre Brown & Rhett Bomar.

Titans: Kenny Britt, Sen'Derrick Marks, Jared Cook, Gerald McRath, Troy Kropog & Javon Ringer.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who had the best draft/offseason?
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: May 06, 2009 09:23AM

Rey Maualuga can't be an upgrade can he?!? eye rolling smiley

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: May 06, 2009 12:27PM

if there is one place Rey can go and be an upgrade on defense it is cinci, i dont think that their is a single player on the entire bengles defensive roster that is a house hold name... Last i checked wasnt D. Jones (MLcool smiley on a nature walk or something, surly he can beat out this 52 year old man who is more concerned with making a tv show than studying game film.

Date: May 06, 2009 01:05PM

detroit, then jets, then buffalo, then eagles, cincy did ok, the bears lol scary, and when the viks sign favre then count them in. the redskins did good too, didnt sign a qb, but i believe colt brennan could be DANGEROUS.

Date: May 07, 2009 06:17AM

I would also add Arizona.

They added Chris Wells who I think will be the best RB in the draft.

Cody Brown, OLB from UCONN.

Rashad Johnson at FS to team with PB'er Adrian Wilson and FA Bryant McFadden.

Herman Johnson at G or RT.

.....................................................................................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2009 06:20AM by eesti.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 07, 2009 02:00PM

I think the eagles had a great offseason, don't discount what acquiring cutler will mean for the bears either
I think eagles are probably superbowl faves right now

Date: May 07, 2009 04:02PM

i would pick san fran and the bears to realy eat up the nfc, and the saints but the saints always let down? im telling you san fran lol watch out.and you know what detroit seriously should be a .500 team this year, the packers stepped up defense so they might look good. but miami is going to win it all pat white wildcat is going to OWN.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: May 09, 2009 06:10AM

When this question comes up I think first to who got better in the division.

1. Jets
2. Bills
3. Pats
4. Fins

In the league:

1. Bears
2. Detroit (but not good enough to matter)
3. San Fran
4. Jets

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 09, 2009 06:13AM

We will never know who got better until we see a couple of regular season games

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 09, 2009 06:27AM

I know what you guys mean though....Going by the draftee reputations and free agents. I know.

Date: May 09, 2009 08:53AM

Cutler will be going to a new offense & coach and has no WR's the caliber of Denver's WR's. They will be better but how much better is a big ???. The Bears didn't get much other top talent.

The chance of a first round QB being a franchise player is pretty slim. The chance of that two first round QB's being franchise QB's is even worse. the chance that a rookie QB will be able to make a difference is even slimmer.

I think Detroit had a good draft but not in the top 5.

How did all the other teams in the AFC East get better than us?

How did SF do better than the the teams I mentioned? They got the #1 WR but still have no QB and many holes. The other picks were mid to low level guys.

Jet's basically got two draft picks and one is a QB that has many questions.

Buffalo reached for Maybin big time at 11. He has many questions about playing in the NFL and is a boom or bust type of player. They passed on Orakpo and Ayers who both look better as a 4-3 DE for Maybin??? They got a top C, top G, 4 low level DB's and a good TE. pretty good draft but not that good.

NE got a possible future NT, a top CB and a decent safety with a bunch of low level players.

Miami got two top CB's and a guy that could make a big splash right away in White. We got competition at WR and a possible steal at FS.

Do you really think our draft was that bad?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.