Home
THIS SITE
  About Phins.com
  Contact Us
  Staff
TEAM NEWS
  Team Info
  Twitter Feeds
  News Wire
  XML News
  Subscribe using any news reader
  News Articles
  Mobile News
  On Porpoise
GAMES
  Schedule
PERSONNEL
  Roster
  Depth Chart
  Training Camp
  Draft
FOR THE FANS
  Forums
  Places To Watch
  Dolphins Links
  Game Tickets
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute
  News Archive
  Past Games
  Transactions
  Past Rosters
SUPPORT PHINS.COM
  Dolphins Fan Shop
  Phins.com Apparel
 
-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com
 
  Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Coaching?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Coaching?
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: December 26, 2017 09:58AM

A lack of overall talent and depth are certainly at the forefront of why this team is mediocre but I read something that if I were an owner of this team, I'd be very concerned about. This year's team ranks 31st in the league in penalties and 30th with a minus-13 turnover margin. That is positively abysmal and there's no way that you can be successful with those kind of numbers. This falls squarely on the coaching staff who have to be held responsible for effectively the league's most undisciplined players. For all his tough talk, Gase either doesn't seem to have his players' attention or he has neglected to coach the mental part of the game with sufficient effectiveness.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Date: December 26, 2017 05:28PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 27, 2017 03:37AM

Fins72, clearly the Dolphins are not a well-oiled machine.

When a coach is not respected or feared (they may be other parameters) what is being offered as instruction is not fully comprehended and "blown off." Constant practice, repetitive practice, drills, are necessary so that reaction is instinctive. Variables and how to react must be drilled in, just like learning to count to 100 as a kid. "Do it again," has to be part of the coaching approach. When some player doesn't "get it" during practice, he (they) should sit to allow those that do get it to play. Talent never reached is worthless to a team...it is far better to have a less talented player understand what is going on and allowing him (they) to play and get 95 % out of him rather than 60 % out of a talented boob that is lost on what to do and when.

Most importantly, there has to be something associated with not respecting or fearing a coach that prevents a player from executing plays. Benching is one thing, being relegated to a back up may be another. There has to be some form of punishment to get the person to fall into line. Then of course, that may be other factors that prevents a player from accepting instruction and that's ego and narcissism. If a player has been coddled in HS and later in college, making a big salary right out of school may simply enhance that feeling of "I'm great, I know what I'm doing and you're just some rookie HC or assistant coach that didn't even play football at the level I played in college."

This is all speculative thought on my part. I do sense that the coaching staff is not respected or feared and that prevents execution and promotes a lack of discipline on and off the field.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: December 27, 2017 05:02AM

Colonel, I agree with everything you said. It's just one of the reasons that I was not in favor of Gase when he was hired. No head coaching experience whatsoever. One year as a coordinator which resulted in a moderately successful year from Cutler but a losing season for the team. I thought Doug Marrone would've been the much better choice. I still do.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 28, 2017 05:11AM

We'll there is also this, players pressing and that never works. I think we have players doing just that all too often. This is brought about from injuries and less talented players being forced to do things they just can't do. Our young secondary players needed time to learn that they just didn't have this year. Our linebackers were out classed all season and I think that would have been helped by McMillan being in the lineup and Alonzo not playing so much. Parker always being hurt hurt our offense, RT not playing also hurt us more than people want to believe. Cartoon being hurt removed him as an option...and on and on especially our lack of a TE.

We had too many issues, injuries, and players being asked to do more than they can do to be successful this season.

One thing I believe is this team with a healthy RT, McMillan and some play from a TE makes the playoffs and we win 10-11 games...

The problem is we have to make more improvements than we have capital and all of the other teams will make improvements as well...some will make more than we do. We had better see alot of growth from our players.

One way to make an improvement is to draft Luke Falk to backup RT...this opinion could change in the coming weeks however.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: December 28, 2017 10:02AM

Ken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We'll there is also this, players pressing and
> that never works. I think we have players doing
> just that all too often. This is brought about
> from injuries and less talented players being
> forced to do things they just can't do. Our young
> secondary players needed time to learn that they
> just didn't have this year. Our linebackers were
> out classed all season and I think that would have
> been helped by McMillan being in the lineup and
> Alonzo not playing so much. Parker always being
> hurt hurt our offense, RT not playing also hurt us
> more than people want to believe. Cartoon being
> hurt removed him as an option...and on and on
> especially our lack of a TE.
>
> We had too many issues, injuries, and players
> being asked to do more than they can do to be
> successful this season.
>
> One thing I believe is this team with a healthy
> RT, McMillan and some play from a TE makes the
> playoffs and we win 10-11 games...
>
> The problem is we have to make more improvements
> than we have capital and all of the other teams
> will make improvements as well...some will make
> more than we do. We had better see alot of growth
> from our players.
>
> One way to make an improvement is to draft Luke
> Falk to backup RT...this opinion could change in
> the coming weeks however.

I don't necessarily disagree with much of what said but you have a much rosier picture of this team than I do. As far as McMillan, we have no idea how his play would have been. He's a second round rookie and until I see him in an NFL game, I can't assume anything. Had it been Charles Harris that had been hurt and missed the year, we might've said the same thing about him. As it turns out, Harris was essentially a non-factor the entire year. As for Ryan Tannehill, yes he is better than what we had at QB this year, but he's never shown me that he has the talent to carry a team on his back. That's what he would've had to do this year to get to 10 wins. I think with Ryan, maybe we could have gone 8-8 (big maybe). Other teams have injuries too. They find ways to win despite those injuries. It seems like we have to say this year after year after year, but until this team gets a functional offensive line on the field, they will not be successful and I don't trust the people in charge of personnel to do that next year anymore than I believed they'd do it last year.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 28, 2017 10:15AM

I think the majority of the problem on defense is coaching. Burke questioned reporters when asked about Kiko getting beat all year by TEs. "Who should cover them" was his response.

Well, coach, that's your job and if Kiko is getting torched over and over maybe you should change up your approach.

They've invested a lot of FA $$ and picks on that side of the ball. If the Browns clean house they'd be wise to hire Gregg Williams as the DC and send Burke on a permanent safari.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 28, 2017 10:16AM

...and I think there's a huge disconnect between the front office and coaching staff. We drafted to press man corners only to see the staff force them into a zone scheme.

When they did play man Howard looked like a lock down corner against NE. Problem is Burke went right back to zone against Buff and KC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 29, 2017 04:42AM

Fins72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ken Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > We'll there is also this, players pressing and
> > that never works. I think we have players doing
> > just that all too often. This is brought about
> > from injuries and less talented players being
> > forced to do things they just can't do. Our
> young
> > secondary players needed time to learn that
> they
> > just didn't have this year. Our linebackers
> were
> > out classed all season and I think that would
> have
> > been helped by McMillan being in the lineup and
> > Alonzo not playing so much. Parker always being
> > hurt hurt our offense, RT not playing also hurt
> us
> > more than people want to believe. Cartoon being
> > hurt removed him as an option...and on and on
> > especially our lack of a TE.
> >
> > We had too many issues, injuries, and players
> > being asked to do more than they can do to be
> > successful this season.
> >
> > One thing I believe is this team with a healthy
> > RT, McMillan and some play from a TE makes the
> > playoffs and we win 10-11 games...
> >
> > The problem is we have to make more
> improvements
> > than we have capital and all of the other teams
> > will make improvements as well...some will make
> > more than we do. We had better see alot of
> growth
> > from our players.
> >
> > One way to make an improvement is to draft Luke
> > Falk to backup RT...this opinion could change
> in
> > the coming weeks however.
>
> I don't necessarily disagree with much of what
> said but you have a much rosier picture of this
> team than I do. As far as McMillan, we have no
> idea how his play would have been. He's a second
> round rookie and until I see him in an NFL game, I
> can't assume anything. Had it been Charles Harris
> that had been hurt and missed the year, we
> might've said the same thing about him. As it
> turns out, Harris was essentially a non-factor the
> entire year. As for Ryan Tannehill, yes he is
> better than what we had at QB this year, but he's
> never shown me that he has the talent to carry a
> team on his back. That's what he would've had to
> do this year to get to 10 wins. I think with Ryan,
> maybe we could have gone 8-8 (big maybe). Other
> teams have injuries too. They find ways to win
> despite those injuries. It seems like we have to
> say this year after year after year, but until
> this team gets a functional offensive line on the
> field, they will not be successful and I don't
> trust the people in charge of personnel to do that
> next year anymore than I believed they'd do it
> last year.


Really? With a healthy Tannehill playing this year instead of Cutler we definately beat the Raiders, Bucs, Buffalo and possibly the Saints and Jets. All the games we did win we'd still win.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 29, 2017 05:07AM

Gase will be fine once we get the right qb playing. Be it tannehill or another qb drafted.

Any team will struggle if their starting qb gets injured.


But colonel brought up a good point about the fear factor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: December 29, 2017 06:15AM

>
> Really? With a healthy Tannehill playing this year
> instead of Cutler we definately beat the Raiders,
> Bucs, Buffalo and possibly the Saints and Jets.
> All the games we did win we'd still win.


Can't agree. In the jets game, McCown completed nearly 80% of his passes for a QB rating of 126. Doubt Tannehill would've helped that. New Orleans was a shut out with Brees completing 70% of his passes and throwing a couple of touchdowns. Do you really think Tannehill was going to win a shoot out against Brees? Cutler threw 3 touchdowns in the Raider game. Not sure what more Tannehill would've done in that game. As for Buffalo, unless Tannehill is able to play defense and stop Taylor and McCoy, that game is going to be a tough one to win regardless of who's playing QB. I'm amazed that you think that having a QB that's been a middle of the pack QB his entire career would have made a 6 win team a playoff team. I just don't see it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 29, 2017 11:24AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 29, 2017 11:49AM

Fins72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Really? With a healthy Tannehill playing this
> year
> > instead of Cutler we definately beat the
> Raiders,
> > Bucs, Buffalo and possibly the Saints and Jets.
> > All the games we did win we'd still win.
>
>
> Can't agree. In the jets game, McCown completed
> nearly 80% of his passes for a QB rating of 126.
> Doubt Tannehill would've helped that. New Orleans
> was a shut out with Brees completing 70% of his
> passes and throwing a couple of touchdowns. Do you
> really think Tannehill was going to win a shoot
> out against Brees? Cutler threw 3 touchdowns in
> the Raider game. Not sure what more Tannehill
> would've done in that game. As for Buffalo, unless
> Tannehill is able to play defense and stop Taylor
> and McCoy, that game is going to be a tough one to
> win regardless of who's playing QB. I'm amazed
> that you think that having a QB that's been a
> middle of the pack QB his entire career would have
> made a 6 win team a playoff team. I just don't see
> it.

Have to agree with phins72

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 30, 2017 12:37AM

Fins72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Really? With a healthy Tannehill playing this
> year
> > instead of Cutler we definately beat the
> Raiders,
> > Bucs, Buffalo and possibly the Saints and Jets.
> > All the games we did win we'd still win.
>
>
> Can't agree. In the jets game, McCown completed
> nearly 80% of his passes for a QB rating of 126.
> Doubt Tannehill would've helped that.

RE: Cutler struggled to connect with receivers throughout the game. Miami failed to convert its first eight third-down opportunities, not getting one until early in the fourth quarter, and finished 1 for 12. Tannehill would have done better and this game was winnable for us despite the Jets defense playing well. Tannehill also would have help the running game due to him being able to move the pocket better than Cutler and gain yards on his own at times.

New Orleans
> was a shut out with Brees completing 70% of his
> passes and throwing a couple of touchdowns. Do you
> really think Tannehill was going to win a shoot
> out against Brees?

RE: And yet we were very much in the game until the fourth quarter. Cutler threw for a modest 168 yards and again RT would have done better...another very winnable game.


Cutler threw 3 touchdowns in
> the Raider game. Not sure what more Tannehill
> would've done in that game.

RE: We had five punts, one turnover on downs and one inefficient drive by Cutler that resulted in a field goal. Cutler made far too many very short check downs late in the game and just any of that being better and we win the game. We also win if Drake does not fumble so...


As for Buffalo, unless
> Tannehill is able to play defense and stop Taylor
> and McCoy, that game is going to be a tough one to
> win regardless of who's playing QB. I'm amazed
> that you think that having a QB that's been a
> middle of the pack QB his entire career would have
> made a 6 win team a playoff team. I just don't see
> it.

RE: No having a QB that is more efficient, more accurate and able to move the ball more consistently than Cutler did all seaon would have made us a playoff team this year because it would have extended drives, kept opponents on the sidelines and would have emotionally boosted the rest of the team. Tannehill would have done that vs Cutler/Moore.

As for the Buffalo game Cutler was again very inefficient most of the game and he threw three very costly picks that absolutely lost us the game despite all of the poor tackling... Now I agree that Sloppy Tackling was a major issue in this game...but Cutler didn't move the ball consistently enough and made many major mistakes that took points off of the board for us and gave them to Buffalo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: December 31, 2017 06:24AM

Unfortunately Ken, I think the people running this organization probably agree with you. My guess is that they think that all this team needs is a healthy Tannehill to compete for a title. This team needs a rebuild every bit as much as any other bad team in the league. Next year when Tannehill is back, I expect we'll see the losses continue. Eventually, they'll have to face the truth but we'll have squandered away the prime years of the little talent we do have.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 01, 2018 11:14AM

This team does have the talent on the roster to beat any team in the league today right now. THAT said we have too many injuries, To many guys doing undiscpined things, and not enough depth. The second RT went down we were finished because we no longer had a QB. Cutler just couldnt get it done, Moore turned out to be a shell of a QB and Fales is just too lacking overall,

None of this however means slack should be cut, or that we don't have issues, or holes, or work to do, or that changes shouldnt be made.

We have a lot to do as a team.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Date: January 01, 2018 04:15PM

Ken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This team does have the talent on the roster to
> beat any team in the league today right now. THAT
> said we have too many injuries, To many guys doing
> undiscpined things, and not enough depth. The
> second RT went down we were finished because we no
> longer had a QB. Cutler just couldnt get it done,
> Moore turned out to be a shell of a QB and Fales
> is just too lacking overall,
>
> None of this however means slack should be cut, or
> that we don't have issues, or holes, or work to
> do, or that changes shouldnt be made.
>
> We have a lot to do as a team.


I agree 100%. The indiscipline issues are GASE 100%.

But we can pick up additional talent and fill holes by drafting down and picking up additional picks. Thats the best move. Scour the 3rd 4th and 5th rounds. Move the 2nd as well if possible.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: January 03, 2018 05:38AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 03, 2018 09:27AM

Good article from a respected veteran. All of that points to the head coach. Can Gase keep these guys on the path that he has set. Any distractions from the path get dealt with. Landry is one of my biggest concerns for 2018. He is our best player but is he all in with the team concept or is his own agenda (arguing w/ the ref, fighting w/ opponents) more important to him?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: January 03, 2018 09:46AM

Mizzou- yes I agree.. But I think the amount of setbacks would have been pretty tough for even the best veteran coach to handle and lead us to the playoffs.. Most teams face one or 2 of these maybe a in year.. Gase had to deal with almost ten.. Losing Tannehill, the hurricane and no bye week pretty tough.. Then the coke head coach, and numerous personnel issues, Ajayi, Timmons, Maulaluaga, other injuries, etc.. It just was too much...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 03, 2018 09:56AM

I see your point and agree

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Date: January 03, 2018 10:42AM

Just a different angle same story......Why does this team continually get these record amount of distractions? Things like injuries cant be helped. But Crack Whore sniffing coaches and undisciplined players every other week should be avoidable.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: January 03, 2018 11:58AM

Fins72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Unfortunately Ken, I think the people running this
> organization probably agree with you. My guess is
> that they think that all this team needs is a
> healthy Tannehill to compete for a title. This
> team needs a rebuild every bit as much as any
> other bad team in the league. Next year when
> Tannehill is back, I expect we'll see the losses
> continue. Eventually, they'll have to face the
> truth but we'll have squandered away the prime
> years of the little talent we do have.

Ken, I guess it all depends on your perspective. When I look at this team, I see a defense that needs a completely new set of linebackers. McMillan is a wildcard and I won't comment but the rest of the group sucks. Alonso is absolutely awful. If I have to watch him take another bad angle trying to tackle the runner one more time, I'm going put my fist through the TV. Timmons is done. Chase Allen is at best a special team guy and maybe depth. Hull is likewise extremely limited.

The defensive line that was supposed to be our strength was also awful. Suh is great. Wake has lost more than one step. Branch stinks. Harris will have to improve a lot to be average. Hayes is a good run stopper but can't pass rush.

The secondary is okay, maybe. At least some of the young guys have shown something. Lippett may be the best of the group. Losing him hurt.

On offense, take away Drake, Landry, Stills and what do you have? The offensive line is a disaster. Tight end? Nope.

I just don't see where you see the talent. Yeah, there are a few guys that can play but overall, the talent on this team is paper thin. We need someone that knows how to draft and handles free agency equally well. That person doesn't exist in the Dolphins organization.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 03, 2018 12:34PM

Fins72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fins72 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
We need
> someone that knows how to draft and handles free
> agency equally well. That person doesn't exist in
> the Dolphins organization.


Grier is drafting well I will keep supporting this guy as the only one who has a clue in management. He heads the draft and we got some talent in 2017. In contrast when you look at acquisitions only McDonald imo was the only guy that I would say panned out.

That is Tannenbaum

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 03, 2018 11:16PM

Fins72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fins72 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Unfortunately Ken, I think the people running
> this
> > organization probably agree with you. My guess
> is
> > that they think that all this team needs is a
> > healthy Tannehill to compete for a title. This
> > team needs a rebuild every bit as much as any
> > other bad team in the league. Next year when
> > Tannehill is back, I expect we'll see the
> losses
> > continue. Eventually, they'll have to face the
> > truth but we'll have squandered away the prime
> > years of the little talent we do have.
>
> Ken, I guess it all depends on your perspective.
> When I look at this team, I see a defense that
> needs a completely new set of linebackers.
> McMillan is a wildcard and I won't comment but the
> rest of the group sucks. Alonso is absolutely
> awful. If I have to watch him take another bad
> angle trying to tackle the runner one more time,
> I'm going put my fist through the TV. Timmons is
> done. Chase Allen is at best a special team guy
> and maybe depth. Hull is likewise extremely
> limited.
>
> The defensive line that was supposed to be our
> strength was also awful. Suh is great. Wake has
> lost more than one step. Branch stinks. Harris
> will have to improve a lot to be average. Hayes is
> a good run stopper but can't pass rush.
>
> The secondary is okay, maybe. At least some of the
> young guys have shown something. Lippett may be
> the best of the group. Losing him hurt.
>
> On offense, take away Drake, Landry, Stills and
> what do you have? The offensive line is a
> disaster. Tight end? Nope.
>
> I just don't see where you see the talent. Yeah,
> there are a few guys that can play but overall,
> the talent on this team is paper thin. We need
> someone that knows how to draft and handles free
> agency equally well. That person doesn't exist in
> the Dolphins organization.


RE: You don't completely destroy the Pat's in EVERY area of the game without having talented guys on the field. The problem is we didn't play up to that talent level in any other game all season except for maybe the Denver game.

We have talent, we just didn't show it very much. The coaches and the players must find out why.

Part of the reason is we don't match up very well when playing a zone defense. We play much better defensively when playing man to man and are being aggressive. We just didn't do that enough for some reason and yes we can't cover a TE to save our lives, not with a LB, CB or S. Losing Lippet hurt us a lot as did losing McMillan (The only speedy LB we have, or maybe had now) Parker and Carroo being hurt most of the season didn't help anything on offense and not having a TE seriously hampered our offense as I believe Gase wants to use a TE much more than he has been able to. The whole Ajayi thing also did us no favors, nor did Cutler and his erratic play.

I'm in the minority here, but with no injuries to RT, McMillan, Parker and some production out of our TE, I still believe we would have gone to the playoffs and won 10 games this season.

As it was, I agree that we had entirely too much to deal with this season adversity wise to get to where we all wanted to go...the biggest of our issues was losing RT who would have solidly outplayed Cutler.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: January 04, 2018 09:01AM

> RE: You don't completely destroy the Pat's in
> EVERY area of the game without having talented
> guys on the field. The problem is we didn't play
> up to that talent level in any other game all
> season except for maybe the Denver game.
>
> We have talent, we just didn't show it very much.
> The coaches and the players must find out why.
>
> Part of the reason is we don't match up very well
> when playing a zone defense. We play much better
> defensively when playing man to man and are being
> aggressive. We just didn't do that enough for some
> reason and yes we can't cover a TE to save our
> lives, not with a LB, CB or S. Losing Lippet hurt
> us a lot as did losing McMillan (The only speedy
> LB we have, or maybe had now) Parker and Carroo
> being hurt most of the season didn't help anything
> on offense and not having a TE seriously hampered
> our offense as I believe Gase wants to use a TE
> much more than he has been able to. The whole
> Ajayi thing also did us no favors, nor did Cutler
> and his erratic play.
>
> I'm in the minority here, but with no injuries to
> RT, McMillan, Parker and some production out of
> our TE, I still believe we would have gone to the
> playoffs and won 10 games this season.
>
> As it was, I agree that we had entirely too much
> to deal with this season adversity wise to get to
> where we all wanted to go...the biggest of our
> issues was losing RT who would have solidly
> outplayed Cutler.

Ken,

You can't pick one game out of the entire year and say that's the true measure of this team.

I hope McMillan turns out to be an all pro, but we have no idea how he'll fare. We don't have one linebacker on this team that should be starting on an NFL roster. Not one. Parker is ALWAYS hurt. The problem is that in the NFL, players are always dinged up. The great ones can play though it. Parker apparently has to be 100% to be at the top of his game. That's never going to happen over a 16 game season. Carroo? No offense, but what has Carroo done since he was drafted that would give you the idea that he would've made a difference? I'd say most people are of the opinion that he's a bust. We agree that we have no tight end on this team that's a capable starter. As far as the Ajayi thing, as far as I'm concerned that was a self-inflicted wound. Besides, Drake played well so I doubt that having Ajayi would've made an appreciable difference.

This is absolutely not a playoff quality roster. In fact, the roster was better in 2016 than it was in 2017. I saw the same damn thing happen when Wannstedt took over after Jimmy left. Say what you want about Johnson but he put together a great defense while he was here. Wannstedt took advantage of that roster for a year or two until his personnel decisions completely destroyed the team. Tannenbaum will do the same thing. Mark my words, the losing will continue until we get rid of him. The question is how much damage will he do before Ross is forced to act?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 05, 2018 05:28AM

Why is it so hard to believe that a football team will stink if their starting qb get injured the entire season and his replacement is an over the hill qb who retired a year ago or two?

A good qb can do wonders for a receiver. Parker will be just fine once he gets over the injury bug.Oh and once he has a true qb throwing to him. Be that tannehill or a qb drafted in 2018.

Landry is a keeper. Nobody plays harder or with more passion. I dont care what his salary is. Get him signed please. He is the heart and sould of this offense.


So long to ayagi and his bad attitude. Drake looks like a keeper. He looked good running behind an OL full of scrubs. Imagine if we can improve the OLine just about 20 percent.

The defense will be better and play harder once they see that we have an offense that can score points.

Rashad jones to me is the best player on defense. Specially stopping the run. Xavien Howard played great when we beat the pats....The question is can he keep it going for an entire season?


Im still positive that in the future we will have a competitive team....

Go phins.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: January 05, 2018 05:35AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why is it so hard to believe that a football team
> will stink if their starting qb get injured the
> entire season and his replacement is an over the
> hill qb who retired a year ago or two?
>
> A good qb can do wonders for a receiver. Parker
> will be just fine once he gets over the injury
> bug.Oh and once he has a true qb throwing to him.
> Be that tannehill or a qb drafted in 2018.
>
> Landry is a keeper. Nobody plays harder or with
> more passion. I dont care what his salary is. Get
> him signed please. He is the heart and sould of
> this offense.
>
>
> So long to ayagi and his bad attitude. Drake looks
> like a keeper. He looked good running behind an OL
> full of scrubs. Imagine if we can improve the
> OLine just about 20 percent.
>
> The defense will be better and play harder once
> they see that we have an offense that can score
> points.
>
> Rashad jones to me is the best player on defense.
> Specially stopping the run. Xavien Howard played
> great when we beat the pats....The question is can
> he keep it going for an entire season?
>
>
> Im still positive that in the future we will have
> a competitive team....
>
> Go phins.


Tannehill will be back next year. Next year will answer all these questions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 05, 2018 05:50AM

Fins72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why is it so hard to believe that a football
> team
> > will stink if their starting qb get injured the
> > entire season and his replacement is an over
> the
> > hill qb who retired a year ago or two?
> >
> > A good qb can do wonders for a receiver. Parker
> > will be just fine once he gets over the injury
> > bug.Oh and once he has a true qb throwing to
> him.
> > Be that tannehill or a qb drafted in 2018.
> >
> > Landry is a keeper. Nobody plays harder or with
> > more passion. I dont care what his salary is.
> Get
> > him signed please. He is the heart and sould of
> > this offense.
> >
> >
> > So long to ayagi and his bad attitude. Drake
> looks
> > like a keeper. He looked good running behind an
> OL
> > full of scrubs. Imagine if we can improve the
> > OLine just about 20 percent.
> >
> > The defense will be better and play harder once
> > they see that we have an offense that can score
> > points.
> >
> > Rashad jones to me is the best player on
> defense.
> > Specially stopping the run. Xavien Howard
> played
> > great when we beat the pats....The question is
> can
> > he keep it going for an entire season?
> >
> >
> > Im still positive that in the future we will
> have
> > a competitive team....
> >
> > Go phins.
>
>
> Tannehill will be back next year. Next year will
> answer all these questions.


Agreed!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching?
Posted by: Doctor Feelgood ()
Date: January 05, 2018 05:11PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     
   
Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England
TOP
   
© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.