HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Boldin ran a 4.8 ?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Boldin ran a 4.8 ?
Posted by: Doug ()
Date: May 01, 2009 09:50AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boldin ran a 4.8 ?
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 01, 2009 01:10PM

boldin was way more productive in college than turner

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: May 03, 2009 06:23PM

I trust in our powers that be. Maaaan, I would LOVE to see Q in Orange and Aqua.

MATT ROTH + 2010 2nd ROUNDER?

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: May 04, 2009 06:32AM

Sounds like his speed is up from 4.71.

That is pretty slow for wr, as noted not the only part of getting open. Would be really noice if Ginn could learn or develop some of that skill set.

likely has something to do with size also

Despite the initial concerns of the NFL scouts after Boldin registered a relatively slow 4.71 time in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine, Boldin has broken several NFL records. In his rookie year, Boldin had 101 catches and was the only rookie selected to the 2004 Pro Bow

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: May 04, 2009 08:08AM

every one gets caught up with 40 time but what people dont realize is that a guy that runs a 4.65 and a guy that runs a 4.45 may be the same speed. The reason i say that is if you go to the proper speed trainers you can get your speed down by about 2 tenths of a second so what is the difference between the two? The 40 is testing short speed which can be manufactured. You have to look at game film. Ronnie brown ran a 4.48 at the combines and he gets caught from behind all the time so what does that mean? Look at percy harvin, he ran a 4.41, are you going to tell me that when you put on the game film percy and ronnie look like they are moving at the same speed? HELL TO THE NOO!!!

My point is the 40 time is like the high school SAT, if you learn the proper technique you can increase your score from a 900 to 1150 so what is the difference? All I know is I dont see boldin gettin hawked down like I used to see ronnie get in his first 3 years in the league and we are comparing a 4.48 (ronnies time) to a 4.71 (boldins time). My point is even a 4.65 IS NOT A SLOW PERSON!!! these are very fast people that dont have an explosive first 5-10 yard start. So with out that early push (track training) I dont care how fast you are you cannot run under a 4.5, think about it YOU ARE ONLY RUNNING 40 YARDS!!!

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: May 04, 2009 08:56AM

The thing about running is that you don't pick up speed as you run. The efficiency of running involves getting to top speed ASAP and holding that speed. If you are not trained how to do that...you will lose speed as you run.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: May 04, 2009 08:57AM

Reppa is totally right.....dont get hung up on the 40....Al Davis did and passed on Crabtree because of it.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 04, 2009 08:59AM

Doug Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> to add Boldin would be a huge luxury.

Would be more a necessity. We have noone other that ginn that scares DBs.

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: May 04, 2009 09:04AM

can anybody explain why it isn't a done deal yet?

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 04, 2009 04:52PM

b/c we don't want to give up a 2d + more and pay $8mm per year for a 30 year old injury prone receiver

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: May 04, 2009 05:43PM

Ginn, Camarillo, Hartline, Turner, Bess & London.... Get used to it. smiling smiley

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: May 09, 2009 05:58AM

Boldin gets separation and catches the ball. He isn't however going to draw the $$$ or te picks AZ wants.

He'll be a late trade (for much less) or not at all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.