HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Peter King on WFAN
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Peter King on WFAN
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 27, 2009 08:45PM

On WFAN today in NY Peter King said by opening day Anquan Boldin will be in either Chicago or Miami.

That Boldin will more than likely be moved by opening day and those are the two teams with the greatest need for him and would be still willing to trade for him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Peter King on WFAN
Posted by: cahokietim ()
Date: April 27, 2009 09:27PM

Peter King was on a Bay-Area (N.CA) radio show (KNBR)
and said every fan feels like their team won the Super Bowl
over draft weekend....which he labeled the 4th most popular
sporting event....because of nuts like us.

peace

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 29, 2009 03:16AM

....ok.....

what was that post about?

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: April 29, 2009 06:16AM

We would be an entirely different threat with a class A receiver. Would be nice to see if the proce is manageable.

We may see a breakout in WR quality even if we don't get Boldin, in that Ginn is going to weither hit his stride or be seen as a bust, Ditto for potential for Bess to have a break thru year.

Camarillo is not a number one but a very gutsy guy that delivers. There will be competition at the spot this year, my only concern is whether we have the talent level to emerge a true number one.

The atmoshere is set however for competition. Would love to see Boldin land in miami.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: April 29, 2009 06:22AM

GINN could be a hot commodity to the CARDS. But I dont think we should be willing to give up GINN.

But how about MATT ROTH, their choice of CAMARILLO, BESS, LONDON, and OUR 3RD 2010? Is that even in the BALLPARK?

Date: April 29, 2009 06:51AM

Ginn is shaping up to be a good compliment but hasn't shown he can be the guy.

I'd like to see us get boldin and keep Ginn, & Bess. That would be hard to stop ... add in camarillo in the 4 wide or bess as the 4th.

Having said this, Cards would likely go for a trade for Ginn.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: April 29, 2009 06:57AM

Let's trade our 3rd and 4th round WRs from this year, along with a 3rd round pick next year for Boldin.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 29, 2009 08:46AM

Quote:

"but hasn't shown he can be the guy."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Have we had a guy who has "shown" he can throw the deep ball to Ginn?

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: April 29, 2009 11:23AM

> Let's trade our 3rd and 4th round WRs from this year, along with a 3rd round pick next year for Boldin.

Kind of makes you wonder why we didn't trade the picks this year.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: April 29, 2009 12:15PM

I think that everyone would agree that we passed on other needs (OLB, NT, ILcool smiley to draft Turner and Hartline. I don't blame the coaching staff for not reaching for players at those other need spots. But, I really doubt that we'd spend our 3rd and 4th round picks on WR, only to then make a trade for Anquan Boldin. There are a few issues with Boldin (he's slow and is fast headed for 30), the main one being that he wants a deal that pays him $10M per season. I don't see Parcells being willing to make that sort of financial commitment to a WR. Everyone talks about how Parcells hates to draft a WR early, and how he thinks he can get a WR anywhere. If that's true, then why would he trade draft picks (and/or young talent) for a WR who wants $10M per season?

Posted by: realist ()
Date: April 29, 2009 05:14PM

Agreed. Why pay $10 million and give up a pick?

It is always about 'added value' or margin of improvement.

It isn't like we don't have a wide-out and we would be adding something new. It is giving something up to get something better. How much better?

Could Ginn turn out to be as productive as Boldin would be IF he had someone relieving some pressure? If not? How much more would Boldin give us and how much would we give for that?

If we are serious about this whole Wildcat thing, then doesn't that change the dynamic of the passing game? You aren't running Wildcat plays where the WR's streak along the edges. The Wildcat will mean more double routes, crossing routes, flooded zones, cleared zones, drawing the safety in to expose Man coverage. If we are doing all of that...would Boldin be as successful?

I would give up a 3rd and maybe a conditional (4th-6th)for Boldin; nothing more. Arizona had no takers. why? $10 million reasons. Oh...and is Boldin still as good without Larry opposite him? the price went down after the draft...and it will drop again...unless some team has their #1 guy shred an ACL.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.