HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Tannehill is indeed a wet firecracker.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Tannehill is indeed a wet firecracker.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 29, 2016 04:52PM

Its incredible how many flaws he has.

1. Still hasnt corrected the batted passes thing.

2. Has no clue about the rush. A good QB senses the rush. He just stands there without moving until he gets sacked.

3. No accuracy.

4. Happy feet

5. Doesn't spot the open receiver.

6. Locks on the first receiver. If the first receiver is covered.....The play is over.

You can tell the difference from a good qb andy daulton to a terrible qb tannehill.

And some people thought we would ever make the playoffs with this wet firecracker.

Give me a break.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2016 04:53PM by samsam3738.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannehill is indeed a wet firecracker.
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: September 29, 2016 06:35PM

I dont think we can win 5 damn games. Disgusting. The coach has zero balls as tranny should be benched and brought in if moore sucks. How the hell do you overthrow an open reciever for a first down when he is 2 yards away? thats six freaking feet for christ sake.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 29, 2016 07:09PM

Tannehill is really a very poor ineffective leader on offense. He has some talents but, taking charge is certainly not one of them.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: KB ()
Date: September 29, 2016 09:01PM

Has: Athleticism, strong arm, work ethic.
Questionable: Accuracy(consistent), On field leadership.
Doesn't Have: Pocket presence, good field vision.

The team is a mess and Thill certainly isn't the only problem. That said, it's 5 years now, I'm sorry, what he doesn't have he probobly won't and what isn't very good probobly isn't going to get much better. Sad really, he's a bright guy with a level head. But it is what it is, he's just not that good. Also sad in that we have a decent receiving corp for the first time in a while.

Date: September 30, 2016 07:17AM

Sure looked it last night. He needs blocking. He needs a running game. He needs receivers that hold on to the damn ball.

Worst game I think I ever saw of him. no excuses. We suck. Hard.

We have a GREAT punter though!eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 30, 2016 07:38AM

KB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has: Athleticism, strong arm, work ethic.
> Questionable: Accuracy(consistent), On field
> leadership.
> Doesn't Have: Pocket presence, good field vision.
>
> The team is a mess and Thill certainly isn't the
> only problem. That said, it's 5 years now, I'm
> sorry, what he doesn't have he probobly won't and
> what isn't very good probobly isn't going to get
> much better. Sad really, he's a bright guy with a
> level head. But it is what it is, he's just not
> that good. Also sad in that we have a decent
> receiving corp for the first time in a while.

Totally agree. After 5 years, Tannehill is a finished product. It's rare that a QB even gets 5 years to develop in today's NFL. Expecting Tannehill to suddenly become a consistent franchise QB is futile. He hasn't been, he isn't, and he won't ever be. Gentlemen, next year we can add QB to the laundry list of holes that need to be filled by our clueless, brainless, embarrassing front office.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 30, 2016 10:20AM

Sorry to say this but we are stuck with Tannehill.

The problem is Stephen Ross personally anointed Ryan Tannehill as the Miami's franchise QB from day 1 before he even proved anything on the field. Truth is, he probably wouldn't even be here to begin with if not for Mike Sherman, who's no longer here.

As much as I want to support RT, I have to admit that his instincts in the pocket and reading a defense are definitely lacking. His "prove it" year is proving to be nothing short of disappointing to us Dolphins fans; he will show a glimmer of hope but is way too inconsistent. Various instincts that can't be taught just simply aren't there.

I have this little theory - If a QB needs to have a perfect team around him in order to succeed, he will never become great. An elite QB in this league needs to be capable of making quick decisions and consistently making plays happen regardless of surrounding talent.

So...Being that team owner Ross prematurely opened his flap and personally announced to RT that he hopes he can retire his jersey some day, Adam Gase will never be able to declare that he needs a new QB because Ross's ego is in his way. There is a huge problem in Miami thanks to RT being anointed by the team owner too soon, and this is just one example of why Stephen Ross should not own a football team.

Buckle up folks, this season and many more will be a very rough ride.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 30, 2016 10:36AM

Tannehill reminds me of Trent Dilfer. He was heralded by some "experts" as being a franchise QB. He was underwhelming and it took one of the great defenses of all time for him to win a championship. So, unless Miami builds a defense as good as the 2000 Ravens (doubtful to the point of impossibility), Tannehill will never lead us to the playoffs, much less a championship.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 30, 2016 11:20AM

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 30, 2016 02:49PM

Safe top say the Thill experiment is now a certified loser.

Of course that means -- this franchise will suck until the sun burns out or Ross the Clown gets out of the picture...

Date: October 01, 2016 04:31AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
> Safe top say the Thill experiment is now a
> certified loser.
>
> Of course that means -- this franchise will suck
> until the sun burns out or Ross the Clown gets out
> of the picture...

I wouldn't say that. He's a beautiful thing to watch if all is doing well. But I have to admit when they are not , he's not one to rally the Troops.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 01, 2016 05:03AM

Date: October 01, 2016 05:13AM

And i know one day we will have a decent qb again and see this team in the playoffs once again...

22 points allowed by this dolphins defense is good enough if we have an offense that could score...

With that said imagine what devante parker would accomplish if he had a good qb throwing him the football?

Poor devanteparkers time is wasted playing with the wet firecracker.

Date: October 01, 2016 05:43AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Hey guys.....as hard as it is to admit, not every
> COLLEGE quarterback is either 1) fit for a pro
> system or 2) just a bad quarterback.....look how
> Cam Newton is used.

Did you stop for a second and realized that they have tried to used tannehill like cam newton at times but it didnt work out...

Tannehill is good enough. He is good enough to take cam newtons dog to the park to pee.

Cam Newton and ryan tannehill are light years away when you compare their talent.

Date: October 01, 2016 05:48AM

They have tried to run and scramble tannehill and it has worked at times......But then they tried it again and again but teams prepare for it and doesnt work anymore.

Ive seeing him run for yardage......Then they tried again when teams prepare for it a its no good.

He has no ability to improvise. Thats the word. No ability to improvise

Date: October 01, 2016 05:59AM

Now hate me for saying it like they hate trump for saying the truth right in your face.

Remember the saying:

Everyone appresiates honesty
until you are honest with them.
Then you are an @$$HOLE.

Date: October 01, 2016 06:38AM

I never said Tannehill stinks. Far from it. Look at the Jets problems at QB. Tannehill had a great start to the season, but with no Oline depth he was just an injury away from disaster.

He definitely holds on to the ball to Long, and that works when you have a Oline giving you time. I think he is an incredible athlete. Very durable, but he doesn't make the best decisions. He seems to get flustered I see it now.but he does not Suck bro. He just can't do it himself.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 01, 2016 08:26AM

Date: October 01, 2016 10:14PM

Think about this. Put Tannehill on the 83 Dolphins.

Maybe we win that year because he can run and roll out. Maybe during those 17 yrs with Dan Marinos Oline He could have put together 1 championship season.

Maybe not. But Why? Chemistry is a weird thing. Often luck has alot to do with it. (Pats win over the Seahawks was 1 play call).

Tannehill is No Marino. But he's no Chad Henne either if you get my drift. Did you really expect Gase to come in and take us to the AFC Championship? If he does figure it out it wont be for at least 2 more seasons. But if we shit can Tannehill I will say at least 5. I know that much. Hell it took us 10 seasons to finally get him.

The Jets would KILL for Ryan Tannehill right now. So would many other Teams .

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 02, 2016 02:20PM

Date: October 02, 2016 02:26PM

Well Woodley made it the year before. And Lost.
Dan made it and lost.

I see a different Tannehill behind a healthy blocking Oline and one thats full of 2-3rd string scrubs that couldn't block a wet fart.

My Point is the QB is only 1 piece of the puzzle. We have that piece. the hardest one to get. We shitcan Tannehill and we are back to square one.

Lets build on him. Get him a healthy durable Oline. EVERYTHING improves including the Running game. The clock usage......the defense. 3 and Out kills a defense.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 02, 2016 05:35PM

When Woodley failed, we didn't make a single first down (or was it a single completed pass, I forget although I was there in the Rose Bowl).

Woodley was not a passer and that's why we were in the SIX QUARTERBACKS IN THE FIRST ROUND sweepstakes that April. Luckily we got Marino, the last one picked.

Let's see, it was Elway, Eason (Tony), Easiason (Boomer) Todd Blackledge and Jim Kelly along with Dan.

Dude, I know you're behind Tannehill but he could not even carry the jockey strap of just one of those guys, let alone Dan Marino or John Elway.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 03, 2016 02:00AM

Date: October 03, 2016 06:45AM

Tannehill would react better with the same staff. Different recievers, coaches, coordinators , systems every 2 yrs makes a person react a bit slower.

Brady is in the same for 17 yrs now. It better be second nature.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 03, 2016 08:55AM

Chren do you consider rodgers a scrambling QB?

No right he is a pocket qb? you could say?

He is great because he knows how to improvise when the time comes.

They dont have rodgers doing the wildcat or running many times..

But again he can do something that you have to born with that ability....Improvise

Cam newton and the seahawks qb are good at improvising as well...

Remember randall cunningham? Eagles? Way back then?

Guarantee you nobody taught him how to play like that. He was born with that ability.

Date: October 03, 2016 09:03AM

Looks like coaches dont see that ability from tannehill in practice much....Or else they would encourage him to make it happen with his feet.

And when he scrambles, when the block is held for too long, and the defense is about to sack him, he is too slow to avoid the rush.

Remember the ability the browns second qb had.....He plays receiver also....When we played them a couple games ago?

He gave us a run for our money on that game.....They had the game won but their kicker is no good.

The browns almost beat us with him alone.

Date: October 03, 2016 09:10AM

Quote TCPF : I see a different Tannehill behind a healthy blocking Oline and one thats full of 2-3rd string scrubs that couldn't block a wet fart.

Come on man even the announcer has said at times tannehill has had like 7 seconds or more at times.

A block can only be held for so long.

The Oline has 4 ist rounders but take away pouncey and has 3,, 1st rounders.....Also that backup center they put on pounceys place played well until he was injured.

Brady even plays well behind backups.

But brady is brady and tannehill is tannehill.

Date: October 03, 2016 09:17AM

Tannehill is tough has size and arm strengh.

I give him that.

But He has no other trait as a qb.

Date: October 03, 2016 02:58PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Looks like coaches dont see that ability from
> tannehill in practice much....Or else they would
> encourage him to make it happen with his feet.
>
> And when he scrambles, when the block is held for
> too long, and the defense is about to sack him, he
> is too slow to avoid the rush.
>
> Remember the ability the browns second qb
> had.....He plays receiver also....When we played
> them a couple games ago?
>
> He gave us a run for our money on that
> game.....They had the game won but their kicker is
> no good.
>
> The browns almost beat us with him alone.

How many starting QBs are out this year due to injury? Many starting QBs are not playing this year due to injuries. They are probably questioning Tanny after he went head first into alot of players in the second game.

Also that is the Browns 2nd or 3rd QB......NOT the starter.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 03, 2016 04:54PM

808, yeah, my point is that you have to have the fastest release in history like Dan Marino did and have it matched with the greatest eye for receivers in history like Bob Griese did to get along without the defense Dan Marino did also NOT have or have the same great no name defense that Griese had.

Tanny has neither. And if it's a choice in having him be a pocket QB like Marino or Griese or a read option college QB, it is the latter.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.