Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          While I do Like our draft, I must make one note...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
While I do Like our draft, I must make one note...
Posted by: Columbia-Phin ()
Date: April 26, 2009 11:07AM

We needed an ILB, and to me without a doubt, in the 5th we should have taken Jasper Brinkley, I am in Columbia and I will tell you Jasper was the Heart and Soul of the SC football team. His last games, the bowl game, and the East-West, he showed why he was a beast. Again, we let Minnesota get our guy.

The Chris Clemmons pick was jus a GOOD ONE. This kid can really play. Overall, I love our draft. As they head into the 6th and 7th rounds, a guy like Danell Ellerbe from Georgia is a great pick at ILB.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: While I do Like our draft, I must make one note...
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 26, 2009 11:10AM

I agree on the need. I was hoping for Scott McKillop, who was drafted ahead of Brinkley. I guess the trifecta has a lot of confidence in Crowder and Ayodele, but we still need some depth on the inside.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 26, 2009 11:51AM

Maybe next years first 6 picks will be linebackers.

You just know If we draft 5 we'll hit on a couple of them.

Next year we dont need QB, DE, CB, WR, RB ...Just saying as long as everybody stays healthy and some of the picks this year pan out.

2008 was DL, OL.

2009 Was DB, WR.

2010 might be LB, DT. Maybe????

I mean look what they did in 2008. they drafted long and thonals thomas OL and merling and lankford. they hit on all of them.

this year 2009 they drafted like 3 WRs and 3 DBs.....You just know they will hit on a couple of them. The more the merrier.

Its a good recipy for rebuilding a team. One year concentrate on a couple of positions. The next year concentrate on a couple more.

I believe we are going about it the right way.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: April 26, 2009 12:47PM

Theres gonna be some free agents worth bringing in

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: April 26, 2009 01:13PM

I took a look at one of the Big Boards set up for 2010 (draftbible) and there's only 2 ILB's in the top 50 prospects.

I don't know how you can run a 3-4 without outstanding ILB's. Somehow we managed last year. With Holiday gone, and Fergie leaving soon, and no NT replacement, I don't know what we're going to do.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: April 26, 2009 01:13PM

AGREED !!!

Also, consider the amount of time a it takes for a rookie at a position to contribute.

OL & QB are possibly the longest

And I would argue that LB and RB are the quickest.

We can draft LB in round 1 next year and start the kid right away.

Plus, let's not forget they did sign Cameron Wake as a pass rusher opposite Porter.

I wouldn't be shocked if Roth gets a look at ILB. he had great numbers taking on blocks and still getting the man.

We could see Crowder back outside on 1st & 2nd downs, Wake come in on 3rd, and Roth playing inside.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 26, 2009 01:37PM

realist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We could see Crowder back outside on 1st & 2nd
> downs, Wake come in on 3rd, and Roth playing
> inside.

Crowder outside? You mean at SILB, right? Crowder won't be playing OLB in our 3-4 alignment. If we need help at OLB, we might was well sign JT.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 26, 2009 01:37PM

If Roth could drop down to about 255, he could play ILB and get back to his 4.6 speed.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: realist ()
Date: April 26, 2009 02:28PM

Yes, I do not mean OLB ( rush END/Lcool smiley I mean where Akin Oyodele played.

Posted by: dres9711 ()
Date: April 26, 2009 03:31PM

I totally agree on the glaring need at ILB.... i was hoping for Tyrone McKenzie in the 3rd round. The LB from Seattle, Hill, just got released from his franchise tag. I know the phins wont pursue him because we dont go after high cost players... but it's nice dream.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.