HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          What The Draft Has Showed Us So Far
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
What The Draft Has Showed Us So Far
Posted by: Hokie Phin ()
Date: April 25, 2009 03:47PM

So far this draft has proven that every expert on this site (aside from one young man) has absolutely no clue what fits the mold as a "BP" player.

Hats off to the young fella who pushed for Pat White.thumbs up So much for all of you who made fun of him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What The Draft Has Showed Us So Far
Date: April 25, 2009 07:09PM

its ok i know greatness when i see it, but yeah we should have taken maulua or laurinitous first instead on vontae BUT we got shut down secondary now so we good!!!

Posted by: Doug ()
Date: April 25, 2009 10:33PM

i predicted the sean smith pick... i wouldve rather seen a LB than a Ginn clone (White) but we will wait and see. Maybe this wild cat will live on...

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: April 26, 2009 03:47AM

Ginn clone?

WHAT?

Do you even watch the sport of football?

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: April 26, 2009 03:59AM

I know Ginn played some quarterback, but to compare White and Ginn is wrong. White is not the receiver Ginn is and Ginn is no where near the quarterback White is.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: April 26, 2009 04:01AM

It has shown us that we will spoil the plans of our adversaries when we ctach wind of their plans. I fully think PATSIES were moving up for white. aND dallas WAS STUNNED WHEN pat white was off the board.

GOOD JOB TRINITY

The WILDCAT did GROWL

"Don't tell me about the pain, show me the baby." - BP

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: April 26, 2009 04:09AM

I don't think this was Parcells. This was Ireland. Ireland is the general manager and he ran this draft. Parcells would not have drafted Pat White.

Trifecta said a long time ago that if they don't all agree on a player, he comes off their board. Which is a crappy way to plan a draft, imo. I look at other teams and there's some sense to it. But what do we do, pick a QB and two corners? We struggled at offense, and instead of adding a bruiser lineman or great WR like other teams did, we go for the gimmick with Pat White.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: April 26, 2009 04:13AM

Pat White is going to buy us time by helping our offense over-achieve for another year before we address that #1 receiver need. He's going to be valuable in the many roles they choose to accomplish that with even after we do add more firepower on offense in the next few seasons to come.

Date: April 26, 2009 04:23AM

Date: April 26, 2009 04:47AM

what i think is two things that i noticed, one, we shored up or secondary, NICE!!! TWO!! i bet london, and wilford, will be alot better this year. THREEEEE, pat white is a athleticly gifted man, who will destroy teams in a awsome offense, which when he takes the snap, he will have williams, brown, to his sides, 3 wr's line up at the line, somthing BIG should happen each time they do this, when he is out there and pennington could then be going over the next play take a breather, and then our regular offense should do better, with a better center, and returning guard. and FINALY the guys must like alot of lower draft grades for LB, DL,OL,WR.

Date: April 26, 2009 05:22AM

"Pat White is going to buy us time by helping our offense over-achieve for another year before we address that #1 receiver need."

I think that's exactly what happened. And it was painful enough buying time for last season, now we have to do it again. Dolphins ought to kiss Pennington's behind for holding this rag tag group of receivers and tight ends together. What will happen if Pennington gets hurt this year? Henne has to come in. And he's no game manager, he's not going to find ways to move the chains like Pennington. He'll be looking for his number one WR. At that point they'd be better off putting in Pat White, because at least Pat can run.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 26, 2009 05:36AM

DolphinSam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What will
> happen if Pennington gets hurt this year? Henne
> has to come in. And he's no game manager, he's
> not going to find ways to move the chains like
> Pennington.

What makes you say that? Henne's been learning from Pennington. He's not a gunslinger. I think he'll be a good game manager.

Date: April 26, 2009 07:10AM

montequi Wrote:
> What makes you say that? Henne's been learning
> from Pennington. He's not a gunslinger. I think
> he'll be a good game manager.

What makes me say that? Because Pennington is one of the best game managers around. I can't expect Henne to do what he did, lead the way he did, have the experience and spread the ball around, read defenses, scramble when he has to, etc. Henne is your typical pocket passer with a good arm. If you give him no weapons don't be surprised if he doesn't produce touchdowns. That's all I'm saying. I'm just hoping Ginn improves, London plays well, Camarillo comes back from his injury, and Bess stays healthy. I'm happy we got Turner, I was surprised Ireland picked him up. So it will be a big help if Turner and develop into our red zone threat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.