HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Phins-Giants monday night game thread.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Phins-Giants monday night game thread.
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: December 15, 2015 04:40AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> From now on they will play without pressure, win
> all three games left and pick about 20 in every
> round. This is almost guaranteed.
>
> The story of the dolphins.

Actually Sam, I see them losing to SD and NE and maybe beating Indy because they're almost as big a mess as we are. But draft positioning only matters if you have a competent person making the picks. We have Tannenbaum whose signature move was to give up draft picks to move to take Mark Friggin Sanchez. There's a reason why the jets message-boards were laughing when Ross hired him. I could take a shitty season or two if I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. All I see is a whole lot more tunnel.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 15, 2015 04:49AM

We need to score points and tannehill is not making it happen.

Draft a QB in the first round. Give tannehill some competition and incentive to become better.....Moore doesnt push anyone to become better.

We should not draft a cb or safety in the first 2 rounds.

The giants stunk tackling and we could not beat them because we cannot score points.

If we had a good offense and would score 40 yesterday we wouldn't be talking about drafting a cb or safety in the first two rounds.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 15, 2015 05:03AM

I thought that was the best tannehill has looked buying time last night but the performance as a whole was nothing but fools gold. The Giants pass defense is ranked dead last.

I don't think we got away from the run as much as we were too predictable with it running on first and 2nd downs. How about a play action on 1st once you establish the run.

We have a Pop Warner staff. Not sure how someone like Campbell is going to assemble a veteran laden staff.

Hire a vet coach that can bring an experienced staff. I think that alone fixes a lot of our problems. Tannehill may flourish with real coaching as well as the rest of the team but I'd hedge my bet by drafting a QB in the 2nd or 3rd to compete.

I almost puked hearing Gruden praise Tannembaum "He did some really good things in NY". Seriously?

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: December 15, 2015 06:37AM

Posted by: dgfred ()
Date: December 15, 2015 07:06AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> We need to score points and tannehill is not
> making it happen.
>
>
> Draft a QB in the first round. Give tannehill some
> competition and incentive to become
> better.....Moore doesnt push anyone to become
> better.
>
>
> We should not draft a cb or safety in the first 2
> rounds.
>
>
> The giants stunk tackling and we could not beat
> them because we cannot score points.
>
> If we had a good offense and would score 40
> yesterday we wouldn't be talking about drafting a
> cb or safety in the first two rounds.

Seriously... that is not the game I was watching.

Tannehill looked just fine RUNNING more. Heck... why have an athletic QB and don't use his one asset that is different than the rest (except Cam/Wilson/etc). When he was running in the 1st quarter that opened up both L.Miller and the passing somewhat.
They were tearing up the Giants D.

Something happened to cause them to go away from him running... any.
He does not have the accuracy or the WR (except Landry) to catch contested balls.

The had 3 guys blocking Suh some of the time and the fast paced offense had him (and others) completely gassed by the 4th Q.
The defense doesn't scare anybody... with not much pass rush and an old corner left completely on his own against one of the league's best WR. Why not take Odell out of the game and make someone else beat you. Hey, what a novel idea. Were the Giants going to run down the field? No... so stop their one big threat. Don't leave him man to man against Grimes for goodness sake.

Tannehill can do ok... just need to build up the OL, find another WR threat and for the love of Csonka build up a mean, tough defense.
The D's two hardest hits were both penalties- facemask by Jones and a push-down by that big DT.

Hey... the punter did crack a good one or two.
And Frank kicked a kickoff right thru the uprights... does that count?

I am 51 years old and have been a Dolphins fan since 1969 at age 5... this is the worst I have felt about the team in a long, long time.
I have also been a Phillie fan since the early 70s... and I have had the same feeling with them the last few years.

Jeez... maybe it is time to switch teams in both sports. Dang it.

Date: December 15, 2015 07:15AM

Quote: Something happened to cause them to go away from him running... any.

What happened was what always happens.....They think tannehill is going to bail them out and win the game for them...

It has not happened once this year....I think it never happened actually the entire time tannehill was the dolphins QB.........Has he ever had a 4th quarter comeback victory?

Maybe 1 or 2...

They were running well yesterday....And stopped running all of a sudden.

Put game in tannehill hands...Didnt work...has never worked.

Would never ever understand why they stopped running.

I didnt see the game the second half.....Did you see the first down ajayi got where he was hit behind the LOS.....That was a huge play.....This kid is going to be something...

I hope he is healthy next year.

Date: December 15, 2015 07:18AM

colonel Wrote:
>
>
> The thing I really enjoyed was the old uniforms
> and logo. Despite the teams play and outcome,
> those uniforms and logo seemed right for the team.
> Today's uniform and logo need to be
> scrapped--pastel colors just don't cut it.
>
>

Thats a mouthful right there. Bring that shit back. drinking smiley

I thought Tanny did great with what he had. Matthews was injured. Sims had butter fingers. I saw perfect long throws dropped. Tanny did some incredible play action fakes that were actual runs. But that O line was either getting penalized or beat. tanny had literally 1 second to step back and throw. He took a few punishing hits and got right back up. he has heart I dont care what anyone says.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 15, 2015 07:20AM

Yes, he is promising at HB.

I would run Tannehill until his head fell off. He will always be better running IMO.

He will learn quick enough how to get down or out of bounds. Or maybe he will not then go looking a new guy. The 'phins are paying him for something... it is not winning, passing or leadership from what I am seeing.

Date: December 15, 2015 09:43AM

leadership maybe. I did see Eli out there on the line pointing and correcting things. I never see Tanny do any of that. He got Drilled because of a bad block by Fox and he didn't even say a word to the guy. Dallas was getting holding calls left/right but Tanny doesnt say anything.

He threw several good balls that were dropped and fumbled last night. His handoffs were killer, he was running , throwing and very athletic. A number of teams would love to have Tanny. They better address that Oline hard next offseason.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 15, 2015 10:25AM

Date: December 15, 2015 10:26AM

Bring on a new Head coach too please......This scrub interin coach we currently have is retarded.

Date: December 15, 2015 11:26AM

He is a hard-nosed (and crooked one) ex-TE coach... he is what he is.

He inherited this mess. You are getting your 'lose the rest' but then you turn around and complain about that too.

The coach or QB for that matter are not the problem IMO.

As Chris Carter said on Mike and Mike this morning... the Dolphins don't have very many good players.

Problems start from the very tippy-top.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 16, 2015 05:45AM

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.