HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Franchise QB - Tannehill
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Franchise QB - Tannehill
Posted by: Phins5.0 ()
Date: November 26, 2015 07:27AM

What is the point in playing Moore? He's got his own faults, I'm not sure if his combination of strengths and weaknesses will result in any more wins than Tannehill's do.

The reason people continue to harp on Tannehill is two fold. 1) Lots of people believe you need a franchise QB to win. I've written books on it lately, KB wrote a book about it in this thread. If that's what you believe, then that is obviously the most important problem to address. 2) There's obviously debate about it, some people disagree, so it is discussed.

Nobody is talking about the OL because it's understood that the OL ain't good. Nobody is talking about the LBs because it's agreed that they all suck and need to be replaced.

There's no point in talking about the 3rd down run that the Dolphins gave up to the Cowboys because nobody is surprised, its what we all expect. The only thing to be discussed regarding the defense is why any of us thought this defense would be great (not just good, lots thought it would be a great, dominating unit) before the year began. How could we have thought that knowing who is playing LB, knowing we only have two decent DB's in Jones and Grimes?

To Chryen's point - we need to replace a lot of players. Perhaps these mediocre and below players would be okay if they were platooned with a Pro Bowler here and there. Perhaps if we had a stud MLB, he would make such a difference that we wouldn't need to replace both OLBs. Not sure. I do know that we have three first round picks on our OL and despite that fact, our OL sucks because it's only as good as its weakest link.

So yes, we can look to replacing just about everybody on this team. I think Tannehill is the constant discussion because everybody agrees that the rest of the team is garbage.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 26, 2015 09:41AM

Posted by: Phins5.0 ()
Date: November 26, 2015 09:58AM

I guess you just have a higher opinion of Moore than I do.

I don't see him as anything special, when he was available as a FA, nobody in the league went after him. He's not even in the Hoyer/McCown league, IMO.

I think we agree that when the head coach says the QB's attribute is that he's "tough" and that the head coach believes he needs to "run more", then that's exactly what we should be doing. Who cares if he gets hurt by running more? If that will make more plays and result in more wins, then have him run the read option and naked boots and reduce his decision making so he can play faster and just do it until he gets broken.

Because he doesn't do us very much good being healthy and standing in the pocket.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 26, 2015 10:22AM

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.