HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Very Long--but best article on MIA draft I've ever seen
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Very Long--but best article on MIA draft I've ever seen
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 21, 2009 06:54PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Very Long--but best article on MIA draft I've ever seen
Date: April 21, 2009 08:03PM

nicely done, but your thinking to much into it, look simple we need a ilb MORE than a OLB, need a cb more than a saftey, need a wr more than a te, need a dt more than a tackle and need a guard/center more than a de. which is why you say lauinitous because he will drop that far, nicks again should drop to 44, and sean smith will be there at 56. genious. i since a possible pat white in 4th or 5th

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 21, 2009 11:34PM

yeah this Simon guy used to post on all of the Fins message boards. He LIVES in England and he just steals his info from other people who are at the combine and workouts......... ya know Americans who made it there first hand to witness this stuff. Then he passes their insights off as his own. And he types up a lot and makes it very "wordy" to try and hide it.

i mean all he did was mention every position and every top player at that spot as a "possiblity". Real insight there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2009 11:46PM by MikeO.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: April 22, 2009 02:01AM

He also totally missed that Miami had Henne throwing to Brian Robiskie, too.

And he mentions Jairus Byrd as a wildcard CB in round 1. Byrd ran a 4.65 40 at his private workout, after not running at the combine or his pro day. No way does he figure into the first round.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 22, 2009 02:18AM

Quote:

"He also totally missed that Miami had Henne throwing to Brian Robiskie, too."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Robiskie just isnt that important, though. Thats why he didnt list him.

I believe this is the same guy I got my quote from.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: April 22, 2009 02:26AM

Bottom line: The length was not worth the few pieces of insight. Agree with comments above.

More of dump than an article with added value.

Date: April 22, 2009 05:00AM

i mean anyone can list every position as a "possible need" then list the top player at each position as a "possible target".

Like I said.......its impossible for someone who lives in ENGLAND to know what is going on here in America when it comes to the combine and the numerous private workouts. He steals his info from others and then just types "wordy" columns to try and hide it.

The guy is esentially a fraud!! And the fact that the Sun-Sentinel gave him a platform is just another reason why newspapers around this country are going out of business!!!!!

We have now outsourced draft-ink jobs! lol......Only in America

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2009 05:00AM by MikeO.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 22, 2009 03:03PM

Can you repost the link please?

TY

Date: April 23, 2009 09:42AM

These writeups have been awful. Parts 2 and 3 were worse than Part 1. How can a guy from England do scouting on guys from the University of Liberty or the MAC? Oh wait, tell me about the greatness of Larry English from No. Illinois!! Cause I am sure the BBC carries so many No.Illonis games.

Andre Smith could crash his car into Simon in front of Big Ben during rush hour and Simon wouldn't know who Andre Smith is!! Yet he is gonna "break down his game" (probably never seeing Alabama play once all year) and project his NFL and draft future????

Boy the Sun-Sentinel has really dropped a few levels this past week with this garbage they have put up. I have even less sympathy now for the newspaper business in this country after they have started printing stuff like this.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: April 23, 2009 10:30AM

his suspect qualifications for being able to speak intelligently about draft prospects and the Dolphins aside, the fact that he thinks Larry English is going to be a stud shouldn't necessarily mean the opposite is true just because the guy claiming it may not be credible. Simon may be a fraud, but I do like English a whole lot and I hope we draft him at 25.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 23, 2009 11:35AM

come on guys, just b/c he is from england doesn't mean it is impossible for him to know what he is talking about. you think in this age of internet and satellite TV he can't study up on players as well as any moron from Bismark, ND? He seems to know what he is talking about, more than anyone else I've read, except maybe omar.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.