HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          ronnie on trading block??
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: ronnie on trading block??
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 23, 2009 04:58AM

I think Ronnie and Anquan are close to each other in age. Also, WR's play a little while longer than bruising RB's do.

I think I might do this trade straight up.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 23, 2009 07:59AM

Arizona won't do it straight up though. We will have to give up a 2nd rounder. OR swap our 1st round picks with them and slide down 6 spots

Date: April 23, 2009 08:11AM

I would trade straight up, swap first round picks and them give us a 3rd and a 6th.

---------------------

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 23, 2009 08:16AM

We still have the issue of paying an 8-10 million dollar contract for a 29 year old WR who is starting to wear down...he had a hip injury which is not good in the long term for a WR.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: April 23, 2009 08:25AM

How about 6 Mill a year to a RB who is closing in on 30?

---------------------

Date: April 23, 2009 08:54AM

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: April 23, 2009 03:04PM

Date: April 24, 2009 04:10AM

I really dont think its about the running backs per say, anymore. I think its all about the O-line. We can probably pick up a decent RB in the 2nd or 3rd round for alot cheaper. That formula has been proven time and time again by Bill Parcells.....Curtis Martin, Marion Barber (3rd round pick), Dave Meggett....plenty other RB's he has picked up in later rounds that were very good.

---------------------

Date: April 24, 2009 05:51AM

The Patriots have won how many super bowls with a who's-who at RB.

It's not a huge position of need in this day of age in the NFL

Date: April 24, 2009 08:28AM

Marion Barber....never rushed for 1000 yards.

Curtis Martin (74 overall pick)....great RB that if they knew would have been a first round pick. Drafted by NE. Parcels was not the GM and did not have final say in personnel.

Dave Meggett...never rushed for more than 329 yards a year. Has 8 career rushing TD's. Rushed for 164 yards in 86 SB year. Joe Morris was the main man and had over 1500 yards. He was a 2nd round pick. 45th overall.

Otis Anderson was the RB in the 90 SB win. He was a former 1st round pick from the Cardinals. He platooned with Rodney Hampton who was a first round pick.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patriots SB years 01, 03 & 04

01 Antowain Smith, 1150 yards, 12 TD's...1st round pick

same RB in 03 SB..A. Smith....(had terrible year).

04 Corey Dillon, 1635 yards, 12 TD's...2nd round pick (projected as a first rounder but slipped to 43rd)

.....................................................................................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2009 08:29AM by eesti.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: April 24, 2009 10:12AM

Date: April 24, 2009 10:14AM

I read that the Browns were trying to trade Edwards for Brown but have backed off.

The Cardinal are now only asking for a 2nd rounder for Anquan Boldin. Now the deal may be worth it and we are in much better shape than the Giants and Eagles in the 2nd round.

Date: April 24, 2009 10:18AM

with a possible no cap year, we dont need to trade brown. we can get two more years of product and let him go.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: April 24, 2009 10:42AM

Brown may only get 900 or 1000 yards, but he is still more than a mediocre RB. The fact that he shares carries limits his overall numbers, but he does a lot with the opportunties he gets, as evidenced by his ypc.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: April 24, 2009 01:17PM

I agree, and I think that plays into my point. I don't think we'll have to overpay for past production (which has been mediocre). Who - including us - would pay big bucks for an RB who has broken 1000 yards once and is 28? I guess my perception is that he will not command that much on the open market next year if he gets about 1000 yards on about 227 carries (4.4 YPC).

I could have the whole thing backwards and they will pay big bucks for high YPC and relatively low mileage, thinking that - even at 28 - there's a lot left in the tank. If so, I would be willing to let him go, but not for just a 2nd. It would have to be like a 2nd & 4th or 2nd and 2010 3rd. Lorenzo Booker went for a 4th rounder and we gave a 3rd rounder (I think) for Lamar Gordon.

Marshall Faulk went for a 2nd rounder, basically, and I think the Colts got fleeced. He went on - ironically after his first 5 years in the league - to be unbelievably productive from 99-01. Warner was a heckuva story, but the Rams wouldn't have been what they were without Faulk. In 2006, Ronnie Brown was on his way to producing Marshall Faulk-like numbers. I don't want to give up the potential for that for just a 2nd.

Date: April 24, 2009 01:30PM

RB's only have so many carries in this league. Then they fall off the face of the earth (ie ...Tomlinson)

Would rather get rid of a guy a year too early and get SOMETHING for him. Then hold onto him too long and just end up cutting him.

Date: April 24, 2009 05:00PM

Quote:

"Marion Barber....never rushed for 1000 yards."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
What are you trying to say? Are you saying he is not an elite back?

---------------------

Date: April 24, 2009 05:02PM

Quote:

"Curtis Martin (74 overall pick)....great RB that if they knew would have been a first round pick."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
This makes zero sense. If everybody would have known how great Tom Brady would have been he would have been drafted #1 overall.

---------------------

Date: April 24, 2009 06:03PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Quote:
>
> "Marion Barber....never rushed for 1000 yards."
>
>
>
> &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
> What are you trying to say? Are you saying he is
> not an elite back?

That is correct. He can he be elite if he has never rushed for a thousand yards? He pretty much carried the load last year but didn't even make it. He will probably get out rushed by Felix this year.

Date: April 24, 2009 06:04PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Quote:
>
> "Curtis Martin (74 overall pick)....great RB that
> if they knew would have been a first round pick."
>
>
>
> &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
> This makes zero sense. If everybody would have
> known how great Tom Brady would have been he would
> have been drafted #1 overall.

The point was that out of all those backs....he was the lowest selection in the draft and they got VERY lucky.

Date: April 25, 2009 01:06AM

Quote:

"The point was that out of all those backs....he was the lowest selection in the draft and they got VERY lucky."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Can anybody tell me what this means? LOL...eesti, you are making ZERO sense, my friend.

---------------------

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: April 25, 2009 01:16AM

Don't get me started on Ronnie.......Ronnie has been an underachiever for most of his career. Don't talk about stats either. He pumped up his stats by running in the 3rd or 4th quarter when we're behind in the game and defenses wanted to contain, not stop him. He was a grinning, unmotivated back who was content to get 2 yards a carry in first quarters of games and watch his offense go three and out. Then Ricky came in here and embarrassed his ass by running behind the SAME offensive line he was and getting ridiculous yardage. He knew people would say, gee why can't he do that? So that lit a fire under him for a while and he played better.

Trade him yesterday, trade him today, trade him next week, I don't care. But he's not worth the money or the time.

Date: April 25, 2009 02:42AM

ouch looks like somone sabbed somone in the back.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.