HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Mayock mock
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mayock mock
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 18, 2009 04:01AM

1 Detroit, Matt Stafford
2 St. Louis, Jason Smith
3 KC, Eugene Monroe
4 Seattle, Aaron Curry
5 Cleveland, BJ Raji
6 Cincy, Andre Smith
7 Oakland, Darius Heyward-Bey
8 Jax, Jeremy Maclin
9 GB, Michael Oher
10 SF, Mark Sanchez

He said Crabtree has off field issues. I have not heard this. Anyone know what they are?

I really don't see Cleveland taking Raji when they already have a Pro Bowl NT in Shaun Rogers. Cleveland needs a WR and prob would take Crabtree or Macklin.

It should be noted that in Mayock's top ten mock last year, EVERY pick was wrong. He had Ryan going to Miami at 1.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2009 04:02AM by eesti.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mayock mock
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 18, 2009 05:12AM

Crabtree, and the whole Path to the Draft stuff, has made him look not totally honest and not totally dedicated. Why commit to the draft early with out a thorough physical which would have shown the need for surgery and another year in college to heal!He seems to have had some decision making problems between his agent and family and seems to be a bit lost. He also has issues with alot hangger ons and even a supposed Pac man jones as one who is in his posse. All in all he is not showing to be a a good leader or a person who even makes good decisions. This can translate badly in the NFL.

ps- I think Mike mayock blew all other away last year in draft predictions. Mcshay and Kiper looked like amateurs last year compared to Mayock IMO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2009 05:13AM by Crowder52.

Date: April 18, 2009 05:30AM

How did he blow the rest away if he missed 10 out of 10?

He is the best talent evaluator by far but his track record for mocks is not that good.

You and I could do just as good as as any of the mock drafters. It is just a crap shoot anyway. Miss on one pick and it changes the entire draft. For instance, look how the mock changes if the Lions take a LT instead of a QB.

.....................................................................................

Date: April 18, 2009 05:33AM

Lots of predraft Mock draft are wrong and all of the supposed experts changed their mock drafts alot before finalizing, probably so do alot of GM's before draft day. On draft day prior to the draft, I believe Mayock called the top 8 or 9 right on, I mean exact. It is hard to make an argument that Mayock had the dolphins picking Ryan on draft day and was wrong on all ten.

ps- I just watched Kiper say his next mock draft comes out next week

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2009 05:34AM by Crowder52.

Date: April 18, 2009 05:40AM

The best drafter on this board, is the guy who had us drafting Kendall Langfrod in the third last year. I forget who it was, but somebody on this board called that. I am still blown away. I don't remember the username,it could have been you, don't remeber without a search but if not I am sure they will come forward and make themselves known. and maybe make a few more predictions for us?

Date: April 18, 2009 05:40AM

yeah I think you're right he did revise it but do you know what he revised it to?

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 18, 2009 06:56AM

Kiper garaunteed this morning on Eric Kasiliasis' show that it will go like this......

1. Matt Stafford
2. Jason Smith
3. Aaron Curry
4. Mark Sanchez

we will see...

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: April 18, 2009 07:45AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kiper garaunteed this morning on Eric Kasiliasis'
> show that it will go like this......
>
> 1. Matt Stafford
> 2. Jason Smith
> 3. Aaron Curry
> 4. Mark Sanchez
>
>
> we will see...

That funny I watched Kiper this morning on ESPN and he defintely did not have Sanchez going fourth. He also change the Phins choice from CB to WR again. I think they run around throwing out mock draft like opinions. SO people like us can find one where they were right and another guy can find one where they are wrong. I always stand by their finals or what they say draft morning. Cause you will see spin as soon as it doesnt go the Mocksters way. Well I said that to...those were the 2 choices, either this guy or that guy, I knew that was the case..spin spin spin.

Date: April 18, 2009 10:09AM

Date: April 18, 2009 10:51AM

laurinitous, nicks, smith our first three if we dont trade for boldin which i think is going to happen. i bet you im 90 percent right, just a little shaky on the LB i mean we could take 5 different guys, but that should be pretty much how we going to draft a lb, wr then corner as our first three. and i bet you they will all be there to take.

Date: April 18, 2009 11:33AM

dolphinsnumberonestunner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> laurinitous, nicks, smith our first three if we
> dont trade for boldin which i think is going to
> happen. i bet you im 90 percent right, just a
> little shaky on the LB i mean we could take 5
> different guys, but that should be pretty much how
> we going to draft a lb, wr then corner as our
> first three. and i bet you they will all be there
> to take.

Great for you, but it is a bit off topic, did you even read what the post was about or the question eesti asked, it had nothing do with you being 90 percent right about the Dolphins 2009 Draft, in fact it has nothing to do with the Dolphins drafting anybody? Please read before posting!

Date: April 18, 2009 04:35PM

He is posting the same thing over and over on porpuse now.

---------------------

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 19, 2009 07:24PM

Mayock is the best in the business. Everyone was ripping Ryan last year saying he wasn't even a 1st round pick let alone a Top 3 pick. Mayock was VERY HIGH on Ryan and never changed his stance on him.

Mayock was proven 100% right.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: April 20, 2009 04:20PM

Gil Brandt is the ultimate draft guru. He can recite combine workout numbers from 10 years ago for just about any player you could name. And he has lots of inside sources. But, I've never seen him do a mock draft. If you listen to him on Sirius, he will call picks, and he's usually dead on. 2 years ago, he said flat out that we would take Ted Ginn. When his co-host said no way, and that if we wanted Ginn, we'd trade down, Brandt said "They can't trade down and still get him because St.Louis will take him at #11 if they don't take him at #9." I haven't heard him make a prediction on who Miami will take this year, but he did make what is considered a stunning pick by saying that KC will take Tyson Jackson. No one else has Jackson going nearly that high, but Brandt insists he will be KC's choice. He said they may trade down a couple of spots, but he'll be their choice.

Also, a lot of people are high on Sean Smith as our potential #1 pick. For what it's worth, Brandt has him ranked in the 7th tier of prospects, somewhere between #61 and #70. I never doubt Gil. If he has Smith ranked that low, there's no way he'll go in the first round.

Also, for what it's worth, when Pat Kirwan and Ross Tucker did their mock last Friday, Darius Butler was still on the board at #56. That's when the run on corners started.

Date: April 21, 2009 06:04AM

what did i say WE TAKE SMITH AS OUR 3RD CHOICE MAN IM GOOD!!! we taking a lber first pick period. and we takeing a WR as our second, why doesnt anyone belive me? i have my source. "a lot of people are high on Sean Smith as our potential #1 pick. For what it's worth, Brandt has him ranked in the 7th tier of prospects, somewhere between #61 and #70. I never doubt Gil. If he has Smith ranked that low, there's no way he'll go in the first round".

Date: April 21, 2009 06:42AM

Don't get to cocky. It hasn't happened yet and I can't see KC taking Jackson at 3 over Raji or an OT when they have noone who can play NT and their o-line sucks.

He may be good be he's not a psychic and I know NFL teams are not giving him their strategy so he can talk about it on the radio.

I do think Sean Smith is dropping though.

Date: April 21, 2009 11:41AM

Mayock is saying Percy Harvin might drop out of Rd 1.

He has HUGE off the field issues, Mayock wouldn't even get into it....so I am guessing drugs. Since Mayock doesn't want to be sued I would bet the farm its a drug issue, but Mayock is saying Harvin will probably fall out of Rd 1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2009 11:54AM by MikeO.

Date: April 21, 2009 11:53AM

Urban Myer came out and is refusing to talk about Harvin failing a drug test. Meaning......he did fail one!!! Or else Urban would just say NO he didn't fail one. Giving a "no comment" is telling.

Date: April 21, 2009 11:28PM

Date: April 22, 2009 02:49PM

A huge percentage of guys smoke weed in the NFl, I even know that some NFL guys on each team are most likely dealers, or keep it tight and on the downlow for everybody else to not jeopardize the team having people run there mouth and expose the issue, and teams even know about this... It is not just NFL, I hear the NBA probably has double the percent of regular weed smokers of the NFL... Either way Percy is a stud, his character and dedication will not be an issue.... His size and injuries are his only question marks in my opinions. Warren Sapp had worse accusations on the issue coming out, any team that would have passed on Sapp for the failed test would have looked foolish! And Ricky never failed predraft and look what happen to him a few years later......

ps- DIdn't Randy Moss get busted by the police with an ounce of weed in his first few years in Minnesota

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2009 02:56PM by Crowder52.

Date: April 22, 2009 04:01PM

Harvin's character won't be an issue??????? THE NFL COMBINE is the biggest job interview of his life. Will make him a millionare 10X over and the guy shows up in no condition to pass a drug test!!!!!!

Harvin is a moron of the highest level.

And you can't compare him to Sapp. With Sapp it was only "RUMORS". With Harvin it is cut and dry.........HE FAILED THE DRUG TEST!! it is official. Harvin Failed

Date: April 22, 2009 04:48PM

Sapp was no rumors, He failed tests, shit back in those UM days lets say I watch a few Marino monday night fotball games with him. He failed so many in Oakland he was forced in to retirment instead of facing the Ricky embarassment. SPeaking of Marino who is my hero, go look at all those pictures of him onthe walls at runway84 partying and the story's 1985 -89 era. Ask your soources , it will never come out but that is what happensin the NFL and the dirty little secrect that seems to alwasy be there I agree Percy was a moron for not taking some time off at the very least, the other options give GM's a great reason to pay him much much less

ps- This is why I dont get the drug testing and failure rules, I personally know of alot of guys through sources who are other NFL players that have failed multiple test and JohnQ public has no clue

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2009 04:51PM by Crowder52.

Date: April 22, 2009 08:33PM

great another stoner here to tell us there are no dangers to drugs and "everyone" is doing drugs.

must be a nice to live in a fantasy world

Date: April 23, 2009 02:32AM

Quote:

"Sapp was no rumors, He failed tests, shit back in those UM days lets say I watch a few Marino monday night fotball games with him. He failed so many in Oakland he was forced in to retirment instead of facing the Ricky embarassment. SPeaking of Marino who is my hero, go look at all those pictures of him onthe walls at runway84 partying and the story's 1985 -89 era. Ask your soources , it will never come out but that is what happensin the NFL and the dirty little secrect that seems to alwasy be there I agree Percy was a moron for not taking some time off at the very least, the other options give GM's a great reason to pay him much much less

ps- This is why I dont get the drug testing and failure rules, I personally know of alot of guys through sources who are other NFL players that have failed multiple test and JohnQ public has no clue"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
This is a ridiculous post. And your pro-drug agenda is moronic. I remember in the past when we had threads dedicated to Ricky Williams and his past. You were the one who was all for him and his lifestyle. Bottom line is, Drugs are illegal...yes, Marijuana is a drug. He failed a drug test and should be labeled as a druggie by all teams and his draft stock should plummit for it. Its not ok to be a pot smoker, Crowder. I dont know what world you live in, but its not the one that everyone else does. When you fail a drug test at the NFL combine, it means either of two things:

1. You are an absolute idiot!
or
2. You are a hibitual druggie, who cant even quit for the biggest interview in our life!

Either one of those, I dont want in a Miami Dolphins uni.

---------------------

Date: April 23, 2009 04:11AM

But its only weed, so its only beer, but look how alcohol kills, cigaretts too, oh and yeah weed, granted i feel should be leagal, for the tax benefit, and the fact alot of druggies, could and would work, again making america better because they would be paying tax's, should be controled like alcohol and if you get caught under the influence then same rules apply, man we can be out of national det in no time. and the guy is what 23 24? of course he's a idiot, we all are, some more so than others, mainly me, and apparantly percy harvin, but after some embarrasing lime light im sure with the right group of guys who can be supportive, he can be a star, look how we handled ricky, and he deff, was hooked BIG time. 90 percent of people tried it, about half still do it, so realy breaking the guys balls, instead of helping a problem, is not the way to go. PLUS the guy grew up in florida, played for florida, chances are the fins, his favorite team, so ? you know we would be getting his all. its like a dream come true if we land him. i think we will which im all for cause every man has respect for the italians, the accent, go sporano!!!!! "BOOM you do it again, ill stab you in the face with a saudering iron" "Quote movie Joe Dirt."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2009 04:17AM by dolphinsnumberonestunner.

Date: April 23, 2009 04:32AM

the druggies are out in full force. unreal.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: April 23, 2009 04:38AM

numberonestunner--- you make potheads look dumb. PLease stop using sooo many damn commas. And dont speak for 4:20 nation.

Date: April 23, 2009 05:01AM

Quote:

"PLUS the guy grew up in florida,played for florida, chances are the fins, his favorite team, so ?"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Who grew up in Florida? Not Percy Harvin. He grew up in Virginia.

---------------------

Date: April 23, 2009 07:31AM

Besides...who said he actually grew up?

Date: April 23, 2009 07:40AM

im glad i can bring everyone together for a common cause. well im glad your proud about smoking weed, daytona, personaly i get high on life which is cheaper and way better quality of life i recomend finding the strenght to do the same WAY better payoff.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.