HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          This is interesting.......
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: This is interesting.......
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: December 04, 2014 03:21AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: December 04, 2014 05:29AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Time for this to go. Let's see if the moderators
> are around.
>
> The kid in Ferguson is not Rosa Parks.

I agree completely. I'm not faulting the cop for feeling threatened. If the kid just says "ok" and walks on the sidewalk this never happens.

>
> The cop at a minimum is unqualified. At max a
> coward. I'll meet you in the middle, and say both.
> 10 shots, dude is crapping his pants.

Yup.

>
> Justice? Cops get time for killing blacks when
> Catholic priests get time for going after little
> boys. Just one those unwritten laws.

There are definitely times when cops are justified in taking a life just like there are times a priest is justified in diddling little... Oh wait... Never mind.

I've grown up around plenty of cops both in my family and community. Most of them are great at what they do. But too large number of them lack the brain power and the make up to be allowed to carry a weapon and make life and death decisions.

Being a cop is one hell of a tough job. It should be one of the most respected and we'll compensated jobs in our communities. But it isn't, and as a result you don't usually get the best pool of candidates to choose from.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 04, 2014 08:16AM

You're trained to empty your chamber. This isn't Hollywood where they can hit a moving target for 1000 yrds in the knee.

Empty your chamber and ask questions later.

The kid committed a felony 15 minutes prior to showing a total disregard for the local authority and then tried to grab his gun. Forensics disqualified 90% of the eyewitness accounts.

I understand there's profiling and it needs to be dealt. I'd like to know if you guys heard about the white guy that was killed by 4 blacks 20 minutes outside of Ferguson. It happened a couple days ago. He was at a stop light at 1:15am with his fiancé in the car. These 4 started pounding his car with hammers and when he got out, proceeded to pound him too until he was dead.

You probably didn't hear about it because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Date: December 04, 2014 08:46AM

Committed the heinous felony of shoplifting cigars? grabbing the gun is another story IF it happened.

Date: December 04, 2014 09:03AM

the heinous felony of strong arming a shop owner half his size yet all you hear is "unarmed teen" followed by an innocent looking pick.

that fits the narrative.

Date: December 04, 2014 09:20AM

jsm08 Wrote:
> the heinous felony of strong arming a shop owner
> half his size yet all you hear is "unarmed teen"
> followed by an innocent looking pick.
>
> that fits the narrative.

Unarmed is Unarmed. And shoving a shop owner off balance to escape with a few cigars falls pitifully short of the phrase "heinous felony" unless you are pushing a different narrative.

The kid was clearly in the wrong for the incident with the store owner. He was in the wrong for not respecting the cops authority and creating a situation where violence could result.

The cop may or may not have been justified in protecting himself with lethal force.

But I don't see how anyone could look at all that a not wonder how someone without a weapon died for failing to respect a badge.

Date: December 04, 2014 09:23AM

jsm08 Wrote:
> You're trained to empty your chamber. This isn't
> Hollywood where they can hit a moving target for
> 1000 yrds in the knee.
>
> Empty your chamber and ask questions later.
>
> The kid committed a felony 15 minutes prior to
> showing a total disregard for the local authority
> and then tried to grab his gun. Forensics
> disqualified 90% of the eyewitness accounts.
>
> I understand there's profiling and it needs to be
> dealt. I'd like to know if you guys heard about
> the white guy that was killed by 4 blacks 20
> minutes outside of Ferguson. It happened a couple
> days ago. He was at a stop light at 1:15am with
> his fiancé in the car. These 4 started pounding
> his car with hammers and when he got out,
> proceeded to pound him too until he was dead.
>
> You probably didn't hear about it because it
> doesn't fit the narrative.

You probably didn't hear about it because the same St Louis police department that botched the events in Ferguson and was thin skinned enough to complain about the rams players and demand an apology also say this attack wasn't racially motivated.

Date: December 04, 2014 10:12AM

joe described it as heinous. I didn't.

When you reach for an officers gun all bets are off. At that point the cop is in danger.

The unarmed part is to generate outrage.

Date: December 04, 2014 10:38AM

jsm08 Wrote:
> joe described it as heinous. I didn't
>

You second post seemed to be agreeing with his.

> When you reach for an officers gun all bets are
> off. At that point the cop is in danger.

I agree. That's why I'm not one of the people that is flipping out over the decision not to indict the cop.

>
> The unarmed part is to generate outrage.

To a point. But you have to admit that the part where the kid went for the gun didn't result in an injury. The fatal shots only occurred after the cop got out of his vehicle and the kid apparently decided to charge him.

So if you are the cop, and you are in a situation where you are on patrol alone, an unarmed man leans in your window and goes for your gun, and then runs for it... If you are so scared for your own safety at that point you are willing to shoot an unarmed man, then why get out of the car?

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 04, 2014 10:42AM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 04, 2014 11:32AM

I talked to my uncle about this case, who is a Police Officer for 30+ years.. I said what bothers me about the situation, is why do officers have to kill these guys, couldn't they just wound them or shoot them in the leg... He told me that is not how they are trained.. He says if it comes to the point where you have to pull and use your gun, you shoot to kill, double tap, chest and head... There is no training or thought to just wound...

Ultimately that is what bothers me personally the most.. I wish there was another way.. My uncle told me he was rushed by a large man on PCP one day on duty and was hesitant to shoot him.. He told me he woke up an hour later in the hospital, with a broken jaw, smashed eye socket, broken ribs and a mutilated hand with his thumb just about detached from his hand.. He said he was lucky there were other officers that got there in time and saved him.. He said he almost gave up his life because he hesitated to shoot until it was too late. He said, it was the last time he ever took that position... He told me there is a reason you shoot to kill and there is a reason they are trained not to hesitate... Tough job, tough spot, hard to question guys forced into those predicaments by someone else and not of their choosing... By the way my uncle is 6 feet 3 + and over 250 lbs..

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: December 04, 2014 12:00PM

I believe training is part of the issue. It's one thing when you are facing down an armed person. An unarmed person could just be wounded or better yet, wait for backup. Did the guy think he was dirty Harry?

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 04, 2014 12:04PM

Let's quit while we're ahead.

Good job keeping your cool gentlemen.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.