HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Boldin to Miami
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Boldin to Miami
Posted by: Dolfan1976 ()
Date: April 03, 2009 02:23PM

I saw this little blurb on ESPN.COM under the NFL Rumor Central section but it requires a premium membership to get any details about this rumor. Does anyone have access to see if this rumor have any validity? I would like to have this reciever on our squad but I dont want to have to trade away the farm to get him or have some overloaded contract.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boldin to Miami
Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: April 03, 2009 04:36PM

I know someone's an insider........

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 03, 2009 05:45PM

Date: April 03, 2009 09:42PM

thats not going to happen. if we traded for him it would be our first round. maybe trade first rounds and a player for boldin.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 04, 2009 07:27AM

That's a pretty good trade...RW for AB but prob just speculation.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Rmorc13 ()
Date: April 04, 2009 11:50AM

No boldin. We got chambers after the first round. There is a really good crop of WRs this year. No boldin.

Date: April 04, 2009 11:54AM

yes boldin YES BOLDIN INSTANT PLAYOFF CALIBER OFFENSE WITH HIM. pick up robeskie in the third round. YES BOLDIN THATS 4 SOLID YEARS OF VETERAN WR WHICH WE NEED TO HELP CROP OUR YOUNG ONES!!! GOOD GOD I SWEAR TO GOD WHAT? YOU DONT WANT TO BREAK A LONG TRADITION OF NOT WINNIN IT ALL? pull your heads out GET HIM PLEASE PARCELLS!!!! LIVE A LITTLE OPEN UP THE POCKET BOOK!!!!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 04, 2009 02:25PM

dolphinsnumberonestunner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> YES BOLDIN INSTANT PLAYOFF CALIBER
> OFFENSE WITH HIM.

Uhh, news flash. We made the playoffs LAST YEAR without Boldin.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: April 04, 2009 02:34PM

Agreed, And let's not forget...they are planning to have Henne as the starter in 2010. that tells me that they, although they want to be as competitive as possible in 2009, they don't think we are at the point when you start trading your future stars ( high picks) for immediate production from current stars.

2010...the following are free agents:

Larry Fitzgerald, Braylon Edwards, Lee Evans, Chris Henry, Vincent Jackson,...Chris Chambers. and others.

I wouldn't trade for Boldin this year...not unless Arizona gets their back against the wall and has to sell him cheap.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 04, 2009 02:39PM

Date: April 04, 2009 06:29PM

you ALL COMPLAIN ABOUT NOT HAVING A NUMBER ONE WIDEOUT AND WHEN WE CAN GET ONE WITH NO OFF FIELD ISSUES YOU SAY NO? HE IS 28 !!!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 04, 2009 06:50PM

> you ALL COMPLAIN ABOUT NOT HAVING A NUMBER ONE
> WIDEOUT AND WHEN WE CAN GET ONE WITH NO OFF FIELD
> ISSUES YOU SAY NO? HE IS 28 !!!

A #1 WR isn't the ONLY thing we need. The point is to make SMART moves. You have to consider the attitude and character of the player as well as how much he will cost the team. Boldin has been a crybaby in Arizona. We don't need that in Miami.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: April 05, 2009 03:18AM

I don't know why we couldn't do the trade for bolden. We're picking up a high WR pick anyway. If they wanted Ricky and a first round, I don't see how that's not a great deal for us.

Plus, it's always good to have a player want to be here, especially a receiver. I was so sick of Chris Chambers complaining about revolving QB's and giving excuses for why he didn't catch the ball.

Henne plus Bolden in 2010 would have made Miami a powerful team. Unfortunate.

Date: April 05, 2009 05:53AM

hell pennington plus boldin would make a powerfull 2009 team, this year will be the easiest year to win it do to all the moves around the league. and we need to make a run at it alot of teams starting to rebuild after seeing what we did.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: April 05, 2009 06:42AM

> you ALL COMPLAIN ABOUT NOT HAVING A NUMBER ONE
> WIDEOUT AND WHEN WE CAN GET ONE WITH NO OFF FIELD
> ISSUES YOU SAY NO? HE IS 28 !!!

turn off the caps lock.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 05, 2009 11:15AM

exactly Boldin is young and proven....how many 1st rd recievers are complete bust....more then make it that is for sure, we need him! But not more then a stud CB or nose tackle of the future with that 1st pick.

ps- Hicks at 25 could be the next Boldin but younger and cheaper, so that is a possibility. Our first pick is a crap shoot, I know most disagree but I defintely don't think we will pick a LB 1st.....WR CB OR NT

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.