HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Bears...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Bears...
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 02, 2009 02:08PM

They got Cutler and Orlando Pace....Now they just need someone to throw to....Torry Holt????

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bears...
Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: April 02, 2009 02:44PM

I guess they're fortunate to get Cutler, but I don't know, 2 first rounders, a 3rd rounder and another player to do the trade? I think that's a lot. Just goes to show you how scarce good QB's are right now.

Date: April 02, 2009 03:57PM

How many 1st round draft picks have teams like Cleveland, Cincy, Az, SF and Det wasted on 1st round busts?

Cutler is about as close to a sure thing as you can get and they were only at #18 and should be better next year....maybe 25-32.

The bears at least got back a 5th rounder and what good is Orton on the bench?

I think it was good for both sides all things considered. Bears just picked up 3-4 wins if they can get their D back on track which shouldn't be hard to do.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 02, 2009 09:14PM

Denver has lost their minds.

First they fire a coach who won 2 Super Bowls. Then they trade away a young franchise QB. INSANE!!!!! They should have thrown a boatload of money at Cutler and made him happy. Or if push comes to shove......fire the coach, pay him off and find another! You don't get rid of the franchise player!!!

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: April 03, 2009 08:34AM

The problem with Cutler is that he is not coachable and is not a good leader. Sure he has a great arm, so have many busts. I'm really not a Bronco fan, but I'm glad he is gone. He will lose as many games as he wins. He is and interception machine, just like Farve. Fun to watch but will lose in the end.

Denver made out great on this. They really need help on defense and now they have the draft choises to get it done more quickly.
Orton is coachable which McDaniels likes, and as such won't lose games. Will be interesting to see the reactions here as he imporves. Kind of like Cassel. Remember how people on this board were dead set that he would suck? I mean how could and undrafted QB that was not a starter in college possible make it in the NFL. Just crazy, hu.

Remember, teams win superbowls, not QBs.

As far as the Phins, we have what we want at QB. Nough said.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 03, 2009 09:20PM

Cutler is coachable. The guy went to Vanderbilt and ran the OPTION for pete sakes. If that isn't putting the team in front of your own game and being "coachable" than what the hell is??

Date: April 04, 2009 07:37AM

Cutler did not win because his defense sucked.

His interceptions will go down because he now has a running game that he did not have in Denver.

I can't stand the guy so I am not sticking up for him...just an objective opinion.

Date: April 04, 2009 11:42AM

lmao you guys have some stupid views first how is cutler not a leader? do you know him have you played for him? second he is better than any qb we have, i hope im provin wrong with henne but lets be realistic, henne isnt starting this season, so why hate on the man, who was told by espn, that he was being traded but it fell through after he just made his first probowl, and his best season to date, WITH a HORRIBLE DEFENSE a running game that would have been steller but plagued with injuries, i just want to ask why so much negative when NO ONE HERE KNOWS HAS NEVER SPOKEN TOO OR PLAYED WITH CUTLER, keep your mouths shut about it because your just going to eat your words, and what if he would have came here? would you be going OH NO GOOD GOD NO oh i bet you would have been estatic! i would have the man just been diagnosed with diabetes however you spell it, have some class.

Posted by: Rmorc13 ()
Date: April 04, 2009 11:46AM

The bears do not know what they did. Giving out two first rounders for a QB that everybody knows is erratic as hell isn't the way to go.

Thumbs down to that move.

Date: April 04, 2009 11:47AM

no one here knows anything realy exept for wha we read somone else write, and from little film we watch, and records, all opionion realy, is the man the best qb ever? no, will he be ? no is he coachable? obviously because he is playing NFL, is mcdaniels a idiot no but is he too young to coach i belive so, are the bears better? yes, why? well cutler has proven he is better suited at qb, than orton? is the broncos better off now? no, not untill they draft two winners, for thier picks. will either team go all the way this year? impossible no, but likely hell no. so i mean come on why hate a player that does not play on our team? because ANYONE AT ANY TIME could play for us! but nothing wrong for a dislike. just stay open minded.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: April 04, 2009 11:53AM

Hey Leon I was wondering if Cutler stinks who do you think will be better in the draft? Because the team that takes Josh Freeman will live to regret it, and Matt Stafford and Mark Sanchez don't wow me either to tell you the truth so you trade Cutler for what? I think the Bronco's will regret the decision to fire Shannahan and hire Mc Daniels. He has already ruined the team.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2009 11:54AM by Finshady.

Date: April 04, 2009 11:55AM

thank you finaly somone with some sense.

Date: April 04, 2009 02:12PM

Rmorc13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The bears do not know what they did. Giving out
> two first rounders for a QB that everybody knows
> is erratic as hell isn't the way to go.
>
> Thumbs down to that move.

Cutler did not win because his defense sucked.

His interceptions will go down because he now has a running game that he did not have in Denver.

2 first rounders for a proven franchise QB is nothing considering most teams spend years and 3 or 4-1st round picks on QB's that are out of football in 3 years. There are only about 10 franchise QB's in the league TOTAL. To get a top 5 QB at Cutlers age is unheard of and never happens. It was a good move by the Bears. They were like 9-7 last year and JC is good for 3-5 more wins in Chicago. They turned into an instant contender. All they need is a few more pieces...WR, DE.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: April 05, 2009 06:37AM

Please don't repeat your posts, people.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.