HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          BJ Raji's stock falling?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
BJ Raji's stock falling?
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 02, 2009 01:21PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BJ Raji's stock falling?
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 02, 2009 02:09PM

I wouldn't give up anything but I would think about taking him at 25. Too risky to give up more picks for a habitual pot smoker. He was suspended in college for marijuana as well. What an idiot!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: April 02, 2009 02:14PM

B.J Raji falling to 25 or even 20 is the single most improbable draft scenario EVER. Period.

Date: April 02, 2009 02:30PM

Kinda like Marino dropping to 27?

Sapp was supposed to be number 1 and dropped to 12.

Randy Moss dropped from top 10 to to 21?

All because of alleged drug use.

.....................................................................................

Date: April 02, 2009 03:19PM

Date: April 02, 2009 03:51PM

plus he's got pecs like a dairy cow.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 02, 2009 04:36PM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Too risky to give up more
> picks for a habitual pot smoker.

I'd worry about having him and Ricky on the same team.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: April 02, 2009 05:24PM

smoking smiley

First MICHEAL PHELPS and now this......?

Date: April 02, 2009 07:03PM

Date: April 02, 2009 08:17PM

I have no doubts that Raji's positive test raised a bunch of red flags. I am also confident that there are a number of GM's that would absolutely pass on the guy after this revelation coupled with the knowledge of his past positive tests at BC.

All of these things will absolutely cost him money and affect where he is drafted. I appreciate how passionately you argued your point as if somehow from what I wrote, you heard "none of the above could possibly happen" as if I had said anything remotely close to that. All I said was I think Raji falling to 25 is damn near impossible. I am aware of the many great prospects and successful pro's who slipped on draft day because of character concerns and the like. And I completely agree that he may drop a few spots. All I was saying, was taking all of that into consideration, I still think he doesn't drop anywhere near that far (being fully aware of the history behind this type of scenario)

Being that he is by far the best DT prospect in the draft, red flags and weary GM's picking in the top 10 potentially passing on him considered, I still don't see him dropping 20 spots overnight.

I never said the recent news wouldn't hurt his stock. I just don't see him almost making a push (a reverse push as it were) for the 2nd round because of it.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 02, 2009 09:11PM

If this guy fails a drug test heading into the biggest job interview of his LIFE. That will pay him millions and set him up the rest of his life...... I wouldn't touch him.

I mean how dumb do ya have to be!!! He will have the LOSER label attached to him forever if this story is proven to be 100% true

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: April 03, 2009 01:43AM

Stupid is is stupid does.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 03, 2009 02:30AM

Quote:

"plus he's got pecs like a dairy cow."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Dude, that almost made me spit out my coffee. Easily the second funniest thing I have heard today.

#1 has to go to Ray Allen talking about Jim Calhoun taking them to a horse farm his senior season........it was on Mike&Mike in the morning. I hope some of you heard that......my ribs are still killing me from that.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 03, 2009 02:32AM

He just lots *TONS* of money from that idiotic move.

To drop from top 5 (where Mel Kiper garaunteed he would go) to out of the top 10 or even top 15 can lose this guy *MILLIONS* of dollars.

Very dumb.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: April 03, 2009 07:08AM

Date: April 03, 2009 09:16AM

Date: April 03, 2009 10:07AM

In addition its all speculation. The NFL does not release the drug test results to the public. It could be true or it could be a rumore started to get him to drop just like Marino's case.

I originally had him projected to KC at 3 but I don't know how high of a value they (Pioli & co.) have on him.

Date: April 03, 2009 10:27AM

I wonder, because now the story has spread to Vontae Davis and Percy Harvin, and now Mathews and Cushing are linked to steroids. I wonder A. if any of this "leaked" information is true and B. if so, how these revelations will affect the draft.

Also, I can't see our FO drafting Cushing or Mathews if they are already on the fence about them and now this, casting doubt on their size, strength, and weight. I don't see Parcell's taking Mathews if he is really closer to the 180 pound frame he had when he walked on the team at USC.

Date: April 03, 2009 02:07PM

i think they both could slip to the 2nd round. I also don't think the OLB class is as good as once perceived.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.