HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Cutler to be traded
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Cutler to be traded
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 31, 2009 05:59PM

ESPN announcing that Denver has decided to trade Jay Cutler's punk-as$. I really hope he does not go to the Jets, he would be a huge get for them.
I see him going to Cleveland (for Brady or Anderson and some more), Tampa, or Detroit. Hoefully not the Jets!!
McDaniels has really F*d this up--but Jay has been a big baby in all of this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cutler to be traded
Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 31, 2009 07:10PM

Its really BRONCO FO f***ing things up. They tried to force Shanahan to fire the DC and it just snowballed on them.

HAAAH hhaaa (Nelson's laugh from Simpsons)

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 31, 2009 07:18PM

Where will he land? Hopefully he WILL go to the jets for their 1st round pick and more.

And he'd be the toast of the town, like Favre. They'll still be booing him by season's end.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 01, 2009 02:25AM

He will go to the Jets.

He is on of only 4 QB's in the last 2 seasons to throw for 8,000 yards and 40 TD's, along with Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Kurt Warner.

Who by the way, the last 3 QB's are all well in their thirties, while Jay Cutler is only 25.

Say what you want....stats dont lie and I hope he doesnt go to the Jets.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: April 01, 2009 03:56AM

He would make the Jets a much better team.

Date: April 01, 2009 05:18AM

You can call him a cry baby and immature all you want. He makes plays and I dont want to see him in puke green next season.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 01, 2009 06:15AM

Miami would be crazy not to at least make a phone call and see what it would take. We don't have the HIGH draft pick that they would require. But we have Henne and if they feel the same way about him as we do, that would be a good starting point. I still thinks he ends up in Cleveland, TB, or Minnesota (in that order)

Cutler is so young and already has the experience he could be our QB for the next 10 years.

At the very least its worth a phone call....

My prediction is Quinn and the #5 overall pick for Cutler and a Denver 2nd rounder.

Date: April 01, 2009 06:20AM

come on first overall pick? and a 3rd or so he is going to detroit why because pat bowlin knows that even when he goes there he isnt going to the big show anytime soon a little pay back if you will good god. thats where he is going period.

Date: April 01, 2009 06:28AM

Date: April 01, 2009 09:04AM

i do i would love to have it if i needed a qb, granted the price is high but is it as high to draft one overall? or keep cutler?

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 01, 2009 09:23AM

The Lions have it made this year. In my mock, they end up with..

1 Jason Smith
20 Rey Maualuga
33 Josh Freeman

Talk about quick improvement. They still have #65, #82, and #101. That's 6 of the top 101 players in the country.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: April 01, 2009 11:24AM

they keep first overal,which means jason smith,trade thier second first round and another round for cutler, and take lauranitous as there 33rd

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 01, 2009 07:25PM

Lions were at a Stafford workout the other day and came back with their jaws on the floor. They are taking the QB #1 overall now. I have heard its pretty much a lock

Date: April 02, 2009 04:05AM

The Lions also benefit from having everyone THINK they are in love with Stafford. It makes a trade more likely for other teams that want him. It also gives them more power in a possible Cutler trade.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: sconigli ()
Date: April 02, 2009 04:58AM

I would hate to see him traded to the Jets - simply because that team is a non-factor right now with Kellen Clemens & whoever at starting QB, and Id like to see it remain that way.

It seems like other teams have more ammunition to pull off the deal. Cleveland can offer a QB in return. Detroit has higher picks. Hopefully they bid up the price to make the Jests pay dearly for him.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: April 02, 2009 05:40AM

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: April 02, 2009 05:50AM

Likely destination for cutler (according to jets radio). #1 the redskins are ready to give up the farm, the barn and the wife and kids to get cutler. They will offer anything from this year and next year #1, + campbell to this years #1 and a #3, + campbell. This is really appealing to the broncos since they have the #12 pick and the skins have the #13 so they would get campbell plus have back to back picks in the first half of the first round.

#2 the cleveland browns, they have two starting quality qb's in the mighty quinn and anderson. The broncos can have their pick of qb but the speculation is that since quinn played in a similar offense in ND as what the broncos want to run he is the front runner of the two so it would shake down something like this since the browns own the #5. Probably similar to the skins, anything from this year and next year #1, + quinn/anderson to this years #1 and a #3, + quinn/anderson.

#? is the jets. The problem is that the broncos wants a starting quality qb and the jets dont have one on their roster so they are predicted to do a three way trade maybe with clevlend and the broncos where they send draft picks and players to cleveland, cleveland sends draft picks and qb to broncos, broncos sends cutler to jets. The funny thing is what bothers the jets fans is they finally got rid of mangenious (as they call him) and he is still in control of their player operations since he holds the best key to them aquiring cutler...

Date: April 02, 2009 05:56AM

you know it would be genious if the dolphins traded henne and our first round pick to broncos, and traded pennington too chicago, or tampa, for a higher first round pick. it would absolutly be genious.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 02, 2009 06:34AM

I hope its the Jest. 2 number one picks for a crybaby INT machine that has never beaten us! Yea, and a system player at that.

Probably won't happen because Denver is asking waaay too much, but it would be nice to see.

Date: April 02, 2009 06:36AM

Basically, the Broncos are screwed. There is no QB out there who will replace the production of JC. Brandon Marshall is out until July and may be suspended for the first 4 games anyway.

Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn suck. Brady looks like Joey Harrington and Anderson looks like Scott Mitchell. They could get the number 5 & #36 pick this year though and the elite talent is in the top 8 players. That gives them #5, #12, #36 and #48.

The chance that any of the rookie QB's coming in and starting in the fashion of Ryan or Flacco is very slim.

The best chance for them has to be a high enough draft pick to land one of the top two QB's (or Josh Freeman) with Chris Simms starting this year. He is a good QB but has never really been able to stay on the field long enough to grow as a QB.

There best bet may be Detroit if they can get the number 1 overall and the #33 and Daunte Culpepper. DC would be elated and would get a chance to throw to two quality WR's again. It would be good competition between Simms and DC for a season.

Denver could end up with #1, #12, #33 and #48 and Cutler would move to the NFC.

It is a tough one to figure out and I don't envy their decision.

I just wish they would make it because I am sick of hearing about whiney arse Cutler! Can you believe the guy demands a trade and then says " I really wanted to stay"? Shut the hell up already. He and T.O. would make a terrific couple.

Date: April 02, 2009 06:46AM

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: April 02, 2009 06:51AM

That would be great, but I don't think Denver (or anyone) values Pennington quite that much.

Date: April 02, 2009 06:53AM

the problem with that is denver dosnt want the number 1 overall too much money they cant afford it!! now sending denver chad for cutler and switch our 25th for their 12th pick, could be a possibilty? but miami will do nothing, it is going to be between washington, and detroit.

Date: April 02, 2009 06:53AM

I would like to see him banished to Detroit. "Howya like that crybaby?"

Date: April 02, 2009 06:55AM

Detroit sends #20 to Denver and Calvin Johnson to Miami.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: April 02, 2009 07:01AM

How about:

Miami sends Pennington to Denver;
Denver sends Cutler to Detroit;
Detroit sends the #1 overall to Denver and the #33 overall pick to Miami.

Would you do that?

Date: April 02, 2009 07:02AM

I really don't expect Miami to be involved in this trade, but I would like to see it happen. Relative to Doug's comment, I agree that we would be getting a lot for Pennington in that scenario, but I don't think that Denver is in a position of strength when it comes to whatever trade they make.

However, dolphinsnumberonestunner, I don't think there is any way that Denver will trade Cutler and the 12th pick for Pennington and the 25th.

And I can't see Detroit trading Calvin Johnson. I would love that trade, but they won't trade him.

Date: April 02, 2009 07:03AM

Doug-THE-Dolfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How about:
>
> Miami sends Pennington to Denver;
> Denver sends Cutler to Detroit;
> Detroit sends the #1 overall to Denver and the #33
> overall pick to Miami.
>
> Would you do that?

Yup.

Date: April 02, 2009 07:15AM

i say kill em all!!!!

Date: April 02, 2009 07:31AM

Doug-THE-Dolfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How about:
>
> Miami sends Pennington to Denver;
> Denver sends Cutler to Detroit;
> Detroit sends the #1 overall to Denver and the #33
> overall pick to Miami.
>
> Would you do that?

Probably not. Although that would be a lot for Pennington (a guy who was flat out released a year ago), I would like to see a smooth transition from him to Henne.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.