HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          KC at Miami game thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: KC at Miami game thread
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: September 21, 2014 02:40PM

this is the same as last week. had he gone for it and failed you guys would be complaining that we didn't go for the points.

I don't think he's a very good coach but he can't win for losing with some of you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 21, 2014 02:40PM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> philbin isn't calling the plays.
>
> sure it was his call to kick but you get the 3
> there. if he had any confidence whatsoever in his
> qb he may have gone for it.

If he has no confidence in Ryan , then he needs to bench him , now.

I'll live with that if he starts coaching to win.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 21, 2014 02:47PM

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 21, 2014 03:07PM

Shaking my head. When will this team not suck? What decade will it be?

Posted by: Dolphacolyte ()
Date: September 21, 2014 03:08PM

We have seen this since the start for RT. No consistency on the running game. The same for the wide receiving game. Almost forgot the Tight End thing. Absent also. The OL is kind of getting to where it is suppose to be, but is still a work in progress. Can't wait to see the twin center back.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 21, 2014 05:19PM

Well, my afternoon slid away and I didn't get to see the game. Family emergency solved, but had to rely on Direct TV to record the game. Just watched it and I'm dumbfounded. I know we lost, but didn't see the outcome, my recording system froze because of the storm that killed the satellite connection to my receiver.

With what I saw, we again had nothing going during the first half of the game. During the second half we finally did something, but that catch by Hartline followed by the "putting" demonstration was damn foolish. It resulted in a penalty that ultimately gave KC good field position and another score.

Miller did better in this game running and catching the ball. Yet, we saw poor play calling. With one yard to get a first down, we try to pass and it goes to crap with Tannehill getting sacked, as I recall. That leads to a punt and a return that advances the ball a few yards closer to their goal line. Foolish mistakes.

As for our offensive, collectively it is a work in progress, and while I can see improvement with the o-line, Tannehill continues to sputter as our QB. Between the poor play selection and Tannehill not making much happen, we are going to continue to lose.

I was under the impression that Lazor was going to implement a faster paced offense. Ain't happening. His play calling isn't working out any better than Sherman's. I'm beginning to wonder about the game plan now and the need to correct at half time. Who is designing the game plan, is it Lazor or Philbin. Something seems to be amiss.

TE play is not panning out. Sims missed an important block after going into motion and when the ball was snapped, he turned back and missed his block badly. Our back was tripped up--great play for KC--crap for us.

Clay has become a ghost with our game plan. A player not seeing the ball; not getting enough offensive playing time.

Well we are 1-2. Just like KC now.

Overall, some improvement but really playing below par. And this isn't golf.

Anyone know what Tannehill's QB rating was for this effort?

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 21, 2014 05:44PM

jlyell13 Wrote:
> yeah Why no Matthews? Gibson hasn't did anything

We need more Landry.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 21, 2014 06:04PM

70.4 QB rating

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: September 21, 2014 11:49PM

hennehill needs to learn how to keep plays and drives alive with his feet.

2nd and 1 he finally leaves the pocket to a wide open field. Instead of just running to get the first he chucks it deep and out of bounds. He could have had 10-15yds running it.

he just doesn't have it.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 22, 2014 09:40AM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 22, 2014 10:07AM

Exactly, I said the same thing. Hand the ball off to the back, allow RT to run a planned QB keeper, or heaven forbid run a QB sneak.

and since it was 2nd and 1 the play before the same things apply...especially when Miller was averaging well over four yards per carry.

Date: September 22, 2014 05:53PM

Lets also not forget going for a 48 yd field goal on 4 and 2 . We missed it and gave them the field position anyway . Lamar Miller was eating up the field at that point. WTF do you try for a measly 3 points at 48 yds when its 0-0? This isn't rocket science. Philbin is a douche playing not to lose. I almost hope we lose in England in front of the world so Ross will fire his ass.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 25, 2014 11:30AM

we should had gone for it.

Date: September 25, 2014 12:23PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> we should had gone for it.

Think about it. the score is 0-0 in the first qtr. We are on the 30 something Ydline. We are effectively running the ball. We have an extremely athletic QB who can run the sneak , bootleg do so much.

If you are a PUSSY head coach , then punt it.

But a 48 YD desperation kick with a hurt kicker? really? Score was 0-0. It was the 1st Qtr and he was frazzled and desperate. NOT RYAN TANNEHILL. But Philbin made him that way all week.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.