HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The Ted Ginn Challenge
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Ted Ginn Challenge
Posted by: noetic ()
Date: February 12, 2009 09:55AM

As any football fan knows, this is one of the slowest times of the year. The season is still fresh in our memories, but there's no more action on Sunday. The Super Bowl has passed and we're stuck speculating about the smallest of rumors, waiting for free agency, the combine, and the draft.

As such, we need to lighten things up a bit, or my tires are eventually going to get slashed. So, in order to have a little fun with the debate of Ted Ginn, I've decided to present a small challenge. I would like to welcome anyone and everyone to participate, and we can have a bit of fun in the process.

The challenge is as follows: Predict the receiving yards and receiving TDs that Ted Ginn will accumulate over the course of next season. The person closest to the actual values will win a prize (Dolphins related of course, such as a ball cap or maybe a jersey or something else along these lines) directly from yours truly. I also promise not to light the prize on fire before sending it if someone like eesti happens to win.

The Rules:

-Your prediction must be more than 900 yards. Most of you agree that a receiver's third season is when he will break out, so this shouldn't be a problem.

-The number of receiving TDs will be evaluated first. Your guess must be within 3 receiving TDs of the actual value. If not, it will be thrown out. This will make things much more interesting, and it will prove that the winner definitely knows what he/she is talking about.

-Those who come within 3 TDs of the actual value, will then be evaluated by their receiving yards prediction. The person who comes closest to the actual yardage total will win.

-After each game I will post the stats just as a reminder.

Also, let's not turn this thread into another debate. This is being presented for us to have a little fun, not give us more reason to hate one another. Good luck!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Ted Ginn Challenge
Posted by: NJ Dolfan ()
Date: February 12, 2009 10:37AM

For the purposes of this challenge are you only going to count receiving TDs? Remember he had 2 rushing TDs this year too!

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: February 12, 2009 11:01AM

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: February 12, 2009 12:01PM

So... will those who feel that Camarillo and Bess are "clearly our best receivers" be providing their predictions for what these two players will do in 2009?

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: February 12, 2009 12:04PM

noetic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
The
> person closest to the actual values will win a
> prize (Dolphins related of course, such as a ball
> cap or maybe a jersey or something else along
> these lines) directly from yours truly.

A prize, i guess you managed to dodge the recession... not bad.

> The Rules:
>
> -Your prediction must be more than 900 yards. Most
> of you agree that a receiver's third season is
> when he will break out, so this shouldn't be a
> problem.

I think you rules are to limiting, why not just tell us what numbers you want us to pick. I for one dont think that he will get 900 yards, infact if we draft a wr in the first round I think he will be primarily a returner. So I think the number should be free to pick. Also what if he gets hurt? are you going to decide winner by projected stats based on the games he played?

> -The number of receiving TDs will be evaluated
> first. Your guess must be within 3 receiving TDs
> of the actual value. If not, it will be thrown
> out. This will make things much more interesting,
> and it will prove that the winner definitely knows
> what he/she is talking about.

What if no one is withing 3? What if everyone guesses 4 and up and he stinks it up and get 0 TD's. I dont think you should put cut offs, expecially if this is your first time doing this. Just let people guess and the closest is the closest.

> -Those who come within 3 TDs of the actual value,
> will then be evaluated by their receiving yards
> prediction. The person who comes closest to the
> actual yardage total will win.

I see what you are doing, however what if he has 6 TD's and 950 yards, and you guess 6TD and 910 and I guess 3TD and 925. I win but clearly you have the better numbers. Unless you look at it as everyone who is within 3 is like a playoff system and what you did in the season doesnt matter. Otherwise you could give closest td a set number of points and yardage a set number of points. Could be confusing, maybe your system is fine. But you should change the 900yards and give people the freedom to pick a number.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: February 12, 2009 12:54PM

If healthy for all 16 games, 72 receptions, 1150 yards, 6 TD (total incl. rushing & returns)

tons of other factors to consider, but it's the best I can do with the information at hand.

Posted by: noetic ()
Date: February 12, 2009 01:14PM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 12, 2009 01:28PM

noetic Wrote:

> The challenge is as follows: Predict the receiving
> yards and receiving TDs that Ted Ginn will
> accumulate over the course of next season. The
> person closest to the actual values will win a
> prize (Dolphins related of course, such as a ball
> cap or maybe a jersey or something else along
> these lines) directly from yours truly. I also
> promise not to light the prize on fire before
> sending it if someone like eesti happens to win.

The flawed part of this is that whoever wins will have to give you their address just to get a Dolpins cap. I would rather spend the 19.95 and not get a mail bomb.

So lets make it more interresting....For whoever wins, you have to put the "trophy" in your signature for 1 full season. The trophy will just be a statement like...

"Please forgive my previous illogical statements as I do not possess the football intellect to form an intelligent, well thought opinion on these matters. I am just spouting off at the mouth as usual. I must defer to eesti, Phinsfan2, tstamper, Northeast Fin Fan and Miami Reppa for their expertise and in depth advice. Sorry for wasting your time."

Now if you can do that, count me in.

82 Receptions, 1214 yards, 7 TD's receiving for 16 games or the average of those numbers for games played...Since no one can predict injury.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 12, 2009 02:10PM

the right prediction IS MINE he will get MAYBE 901 yards reciving IF he is lucky personaly i dont think more than 700 but your rules say at least 900 and he will get 7 touchdowns total maybe i dont see him scoring unless on a reverse or a 20 yard pass which will be rare because of carmarilo,bess, and the tight ends

Date: February 12, 2009 02:11PM

59 receptions sorry

Date: February 12, 2009 02:17PM

you should do one CALLED THE PAT WHITE CHALLENGE!!! HOW MANY SCORES IN THE WILDCAT!!!!!!!! now thats what this team needs MAN A SUCCESSFUL 2 QB SYSTEM FLAT OUT MEAN AND NASTY YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST GOOD GOD PARCELLS LISTEN TO ME PLEASE LISTEN TAKE WHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND PEPPERS, AND HAYNESWORTH THATS IT THE REST OF DRAFT TAKE CORNERBACKS AND O LINEMAN GOOD GOD IM THE MAN LISTEN TO ME PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get rid of all linebackers except the cfl man porter and roth, tank the rest pick up scott and peppers or whoever baltimore doesnt sign and we will be superbowl bound for two years minimum if you got pat white i am the football genious so listen or have yet another failed year AGAIN good god its been WAY to long . and WAYNE THANKS FOR THE WAIST OF THE BEST QB EVER APPRECIATE YOU NEVER GIVING MARINO THE TEAM THANKS BUDDY GLAD YOUR GONE!! GOD BLESS THE DOLPHINS and no one else

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: February 12, 2009 04:38PM

eesti - that was awesome. Under that condition, I would be in also; but noetic you need to give a specific prediction just like the rest of us will.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 05:25PM by Northeast Fin Fan.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: February 12, 2009 05:21PM

Sounds fun. 72-1045-5. Solid year, but since he isn't a red zone threat, he only gets the five tds unless you count the 2 rushing and 1 return.

Date: February 12, 2009 06:53PM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: February 12, 2009 09:11PM

72 catches-1015 yards-5 TD's

Date: February 13, 2009 12:06AM

lol give it a rest you say well how long you been bloggin? how many superbowls been won since you started look i respect your opin but aparantly everyone on here is gereatric and think your "mature and all knowin" bottom line buddyLsmiling smiley your not im at terms of what i am apparantly your not too bad. now write back somthing stupid like : wow you are 13 or your gay.or your wierd instead of some imput. that tells me im prob waisting my time on this web site might stick with phinphanatics. instead at least they make valid points both POSITIVE and negative.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: February 13, 2009 02:49AM

74-1108-8

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: February 13, 2009 03:22AM

65-1120-6

Date: February 13, 2009 04:11AM

59-901-5

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: February 13, 2009 04:45AM

Where are all the morons coming from?

Date: February 13, 2009 04:52AM

ha hah ahha hah ha smileys with beer

- I am such a moron that I drafted TEDD GINN on my fantasy team this year, what a joke.

GINN has been KILLLING I MEAN KILLING on MADDEN these days, I'm looking for a big year from him.

Date: February 13, 2009 04:58AM

victorygogan Wrote:
> lol give it a rest you say well how long you been
> bloggin? how many superbowls been won since you
> started look i respect your opin but aparantly
> everyone on here is gereatric and think your
> "mature and all knowin" bottom line buddyLsmiling smiley your
> not im at terms of what i am apparantly your not
> too bad. now write back somthing stupid like : wow
> you are 13 or your gay.or your wierd instead of
> some imput. that tells me im prob waisting my time
> on this web site might stick with phinphanatics.
> instead at least they make valid points both
> POSITIVE and negative.

Input? You mean like posting on 25 threads....GO Dolphins! Dolphins Rule! We have to take Pat White with the 1st pick! The same crap on every thread....Please, Please go back to phinphanatics.

.....................................................................................

Date: February 13, 2009 05:02AM

awww eesti chill out on the new guy. he's smoking smiley

Date: February 13, 2009 05:20AM

yeah im the new guy just trying to get people to chat i love dolphin fans i never chat with em so please im game for whatever just make it JUICY and fair.

Date: February 13, 2009 06:22AM

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: February 17, 2009 11:19AM

80 - 1290 - 11 TDs PhinJim

I'm banking on Ginn getting help from another WR and thus getting free more.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: February 17, 2009 12:24PM

Well, entertaining I guess.

78-1150-7. We should have the right to change our figures if Henne begins playing. Just a thought.

Date: February 17, 2009 06:08PM

880 yards. 3 TDs. 26 rec.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2009 06:08PM by ghotirule.

Date: February 17, 2009 06:12PM

Date: February 17, 2009 06:14PM

33 yards per catch...that's pretty good.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.