HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Tunsil??!!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Tunsil??!!!
Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: April 28, 2016 04:50PM

Wow, he dropped like rock after that video was leaked on his twitter. As long as he doesn't pull a Ricky, this should fix our OL and could be a great pick for us. What happens to Brandon Albert? Do we move him inside to OG? Do we trade him?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tunsil??!!!
Date: April 28, 2016 04:55PM

Tannehill just got alot bettet.winking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: April 28, 2016 05:48PM

Probably the best pick of the night. BPA and position of need. A starter and impact player from day one. Even the trade out of the 8th pick looks pretty good now.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 28, 2016 05:50PM

As long as he stays out of trouble...great pick.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 28, 2016 06:12PM

Do you think we posted the video smiling smiley Hope he comes in with a chip

Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: April 28, 2016 06:41PM

Lol at the Tunsil pick, a fkn OL, haha.
They passed on Jack for that fat dude?!? Omg, like that will help, like snyone will watch this dude play. Smh at dumpsterfire of the fo.
I hope Grier and T are flipping burgers for a living this time next yr.

Meanwhile, McCloughan got himself Doctson. Skins are set to dominate NFC East.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 28, 2016 07:08PM

thegreathoo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lol at the Tunsil pick, a fkn OL, haha.
> They passed on Jack for that fat dude?!? Omg,
> like that will help, like snyone will watch this
> dude play. Smh at dumpsterfire of the fo.
> I hope Grier and T are flipping burgers for a
> living this time next yr.
>
> Meanwhile, McCloughan got himself Doctson. Skins
> are set to dominate NFC East.

Uh ok. You are pissed we took a top 3 guy in the draft rather than a guy no one took in the first or a wr. Keep drinking !drinking smiley

Posted by: The BFK ()
Date: April 29, 2016 01:38AM

thegreathoo Wrote:
>

Myles Jack???
The kid himself even admitted he doesn't think his knee will hold up to a 2nd contract.

Tunsil was a great pick.

Date: April 29, 2016 03:34AM

I think Tunsil handle himself well by being honest in the post draft interviews. I didn't see the Instagram texts until this morning in the payments by the coaches. Tunsil was suspended for a few games already for accepting payments for cars, so this isn't exactly ground breaking. It sounds like he is perhaps getting blackmailed by his step father but he didn't go there.

Top OT are often safe 1st round pick, it is likely we have draft a OL. He was the top rated player by some draft experts, so this could be a steal. Draft day winners doesn't mean anything, though. At least our pick wasn't a head scratchers because almost none of those have worked out for Miami. We still need a CB and should draft a RB, DT, and LB.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: April 29, 2016 03:37AM

There's no doubt about Tunsil's tremendous football skills...and he could be the best pick for us since Marino, however, I can't help but suspect there is more bad things to come from him. This is a super high risk selection...a huge gamble. Let's hope for the very best from him on and off the field. The controversy about him, over him will be the highlight of this draft.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: April 29, 2016 03:43AM

Like a lot of our 1st round pick of late, it makes sense on the surface. The Bong picture and the pay to play stuff DO bother me though. Miami hasn't been a good place for kids with those kind tendencies to come for the last decade or so.

SO we now have FOUR 1ST ROUND PICKS as probable O-Line starters (Pouncey, James, Albert, Tunsil) Is it safe to say Tannehill is out of excuses? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 29, 2016 03:52AM

This move proves the coaches think tannehill as the QB of the future...

Dont be surprised if we pick a rb in the second or third.

Still need ILB Bad.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: April 29, 2016 04:00AM

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 29, 2016 04:31AM

I would play Tunsil at LT and have Albert at LG. Put two veterans opposite Pouncey who I still say is deficient in calling defenses and leadership. Stop putting rookies besides this meathead veterans would not have to depend on him as much. Turner, Douglas and Thomas have not reached their potential playing next to him don't stick Tunsil next to him. If the Phins persists at Tunsil at G they have not learned a damn thing. All of these guards have had success in the run game consistency lacks w/ their pass blocking and often times its because of missed blocking assignments.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: April 29, 2016 05:04AM

No more excuses for Tannehill. Boring but great pick.

I'd take Jack if he's still there in the 2nd.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: April 29, 2016 05:20AM

Jimmy Sexton is the agent for Adam Gase and he's very close with Mike Tannenbaum.

It does not matter if they put Tunsil at LG. Jonathan Ogden played his first year at LG and moved on the be a perennial pro bowl LT.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 29, 2016 05:23AM

I love the pick, if the kid can stay healthy and out of trouble... To get a player of his caliber at 13 and only have to pay him 13 money is a great deal... With the injury problems we had with both tackles last year, and the age/price of Albert, this pick looks likes a very smart move...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: April 29, 2016 05:27AM

thegreathoo Wrote:
>

I had to read this 3 times to understand what he was babbling about. I presume it's a troll from another team.

Date: April 29, 2016 08:58AM

If I rember correctly Brandon Albert was an OG in college. It might make more sense to put him inside.

Date: April 29, 2016 09:40AM

No more excuses? Tannehill had people on him after he stepped back once? Albert was hurt, might never be the same,in fact every starting lineman was out last season.great pick, but we need depth at the position or you can't blame tannehill.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 29, 2016 09:50AM

Posted by: Phins5.0 ()
Date: April 29, 2016 09:55AM

Ugh. Getting the Tannehill excuses ready already? Damn. I would think even the most ardent Tannehill supporter would agree that the OL shouldn't be an issue and if it's not, then Tannehill should significantly improve.

Anyway.. back to Tunsil.

What gets me is that a number of teams had already projected Stanley and Conklin as better fits because both were seen as 4 position players while Tunsil is a pure and true LT.

It's also the reason I liked both of those players better for the Dolphins as well, because both seem better suited to kick inside to guard for a year or two and then take over for Albert on the outside.

To have it reported that we plan to play him at OG just makes no sense at all and I hope it's not a case of the front office not being aligned with the coaching staff like we saw in the previous regime where we'd drafted talented players and our coaches couldn't figure out where to put them.

Albert was an OG at UV, it's to his credit he was able to be moved outside, but at this point it makes the most sense to move him back inside and put Tunsil at LT.

Sure, Tunsil probably won't be as good as a rookie at LT as Albert would be as a veteran. But I think Albert would be a much better LG than Tunsil even if its just because he's actually played the position (although probably a decade or so ago).

Tunsil is a dancing bear, he's not a rhino. He needs to be outside.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: April 29, 2016 09:57AM

dgoodhue Wrote:
> Wow, he dropped like rock after that video was
> leaked on his twitter. As long as he doesn't pull
> a Ricky, this should fix our OL and could be a
> great pick for us. What happens to Brandon Albert?
> Do we move him inside to OG? Do we trade him?

Albert is staying right where he is. Tunsel will either be a guard or Miami can move James inside and put Tunsel at RT. Anything happens to Albert, then Tunsel moves to LT.

If this line stays healthy, Miami FINALLY has a solid line.

Date: April 29, 2016 10:03AM

thegreathoo Wrote:
>

You're kidding, right?

True, Jack is an elite talent, but...that knee is going to give him trouble and he may not finish the season, if he even plays, at all. Very possible he will have a short NFL career. Besides, he is still sitting there. Ya think any other team is kicking themselves by not drafting him in the first? Highly doubt it!

Tunsel, that fat dude. Until two weeks ago was considered the number one pick in the draft. This guy is an elite OT. What dropped him is stupid college stuff, in which most college students partake in. He has had negative drug test results for two years. Miami coaches, et al, can help to ensure he stays on the right track.

Another thread was talking about "falling into our lap." Well, this is a perfect example.

This guy just solidified Miami's OL.

Date: April 29, 2016 10:05AM

colonel Wrote:
> There's no doubt about Tunsil's tremendous
> football skills...and he could be the best pick
> for us since Marino, however, I can't help but
> suspect there is more bad things to come from him.
> This is a super high risk selection...a huge
> gamble. Let's hope for the very best from him on
> and off the field. The controversy about him, over
> him will be the highlight of this draft.

I think he will be fine. He now has a chip on his shoulder.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: April 29, 2016 10:18AM

Does anyone remember when Omar did an analysis of Tannehill's performance and the Phins W/L record when our OL was healthy (or might have been just when both James and Albert start and finish the game). I can't seem to find it but it was pretty remarkable. I admittedly haven't done any real inquiry into Tunsil because I thought he'd be long gone prior to our pick, but if he is anywhere near what #1 overall or top 5 or whatever should be as an OL, think what an addition he'll be to a hopefully healthy line where results already showed what can happen with quality OL play.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: April 29, 2016 10:31AM

the weak link on our line is Pouncy. It's a cerebral position and he seems a bit undersmart.

Date: April 29, 2016 10:54AM

jsm08 Wrote:
> the weak link on our line is Pouncy. It's a
> cerebral position and he seems a bit undersmart.

I agree with that...at first I just thought it was inexperience but the longer it goes, the more I think (as with another important position that i won't mention) that he just hasn't got the leadership/intangibles. The good thing is, he's still a good physical talent. I thought the line actually looked better for a time when he was moved to guard after the Incognito/Martin circus.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 29, 2016 11:10AM

We have scrubs at the guard position and all of a sudden pouncey is the weak like of the OL...HAh.

Date: April 29, 2016 11:25AM

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.